Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

It was an Airbus A330

BOEING EXONERATED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/SethCL/status/1749569166653145233?t=hFh0wUJMTFeiqIMc43s2cg&s=19

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1749587132631351758?t=aOg8X7RqtbJpZC0pi8PiOA&s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I would simply play older games

bing bong

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The glasses I ordered from Zenni showed up today and they’re as good or better from initial impressions than the local optical shop glasses with Essilor “high quality” lenses that cost five times as much.

I just got a pair and they're blurry as poo poo. Same prescription. Oh well Zenni is still ftmfw

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

My work hired some guy and he's been sick once and out to the doctors office twice and also not doing poo poo so I think he's still going to interviews. Job market must be great

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/opinion/status/1749452633692410361

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Hate this lady

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Woke Mind Virus posted:

My work hired some guy and he's been sick once and out to the doctors office twice and also not doing poo poo so I think he's still going to interviews. Job market must be great

don't doxx me

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ok the economys really hosed

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

wait I only trust Maren

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LwoqGh8zo4E&pp=ygUPTWFyaW4gaG9yb3Njb3Bl

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wC6yWX7zwnE

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
have a funny chart

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

anime was right posted:

have a funny chart

10/10 no notes

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I have never been able to get more than like ten seconds into one of this lady's videos. Every single one has the same energy as a Youtube scammer shilling crypto.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/dan_estreicher/status/1749588705545801731?t=nP1VTtb1f2auCQN_URFLUw&s=19

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Let them eat vibes!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

anime was right posted:

have a funny chart

Data like this is utterly unsurprising because the response to any bad news from economic talking heads is to insist more and more loudly that everything is fine. The talk only dies down once a recession is already declared or seems inevitable, which is when they start immediately declaring the beginning of a recovery.

Also kind of undermines the lie that recessions are hard or impossible to predict. It's more like they're clearly visible from a mile away but the media just gaslights everyone into pretending that's not actually a freight train barreling down the tunnel.

Paradoxish has issued a correction as of 03:23 on Jan 23, 2024

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I would simply play older games

bing bong

This is the older game, they don’t got anything else lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Paradoxish posted:

Data like this is utterly unsurprising because the response to any bad news from economic talking heads is to insist more and more loudly that everything is fine. The talk only dies down once a recession is already declared or seems inevitable, which is when they start immediately declaring the beginning of a recovery.

Also kind of undermines the lie that recessions are hard or impossible to predict. It's more like they're clearly visible from a mile away but the media just gaslights everyone into pretending that's not actually a freight train barreling down the tunnel.

I think it was either Mark Blythe or Yanis Varoufakis who said that if a weatherman tells you it's about to rain, his prediction has no bearing on whether or not it will actually rain, but if an economist tells you there's about to be a recession, that in itself can set off a recession, so the profession is tainted and isn't objective.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Car Hater posted:

I dunno about everyone else but I'm drinking, you're welcome to join in on that

:cheers:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

2500/65 = 38

Are these things $40??

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
The layoffs and downsizing will continue until morale improves

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

DaysBefore posted:

I just got a pair and they're blurry as poo poo. Same prescription. Oh well Zenni is still ftmfw

did you gently caress up the PD

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

for a second I thought they were using stanley cups as a unit of measure

wow, 65 stanley cups worth

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Stanley cups have collectible limited editions in special colors and such, there is some collectathon mania kicking in and people are going all in on the cups, partially fueled by influencers. You can set up an entire wall of shelves and display your new in box cups like they're funkopops or beanie babies.

I read here that Stanley sales in 2023 were 10x in 2022, they nailed something in the formula.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

palindrome posted:

I read here that Stanley sales in 2023 were 10x in 2022, they nailed something in the formula.

tiktok + artificial scarcity ftw

if you can get the white mormon mom tiktok-pinstagramm customer base, you can make anything a new meme trend for $$$$$$$$$

seriously, the well-to-do upper-class (or facade-laced upper-class aspiring) white mormon mom is extremely powerful, because they sell a vision of happiness and 'success' in a immaculately clean giant mcmansion in utah for the lonely disarrayed voyeuristic consumers who lust for the 'perfect home and family' to live vicariously through

Xaris has issued a correction as of 03:49 on Jan 23, 2024

Apr 7, 2003

palindrome posted:

Stanley cups have collectible limited editions in special colors and such, there is some collectathon mania kicking in and people are going all in on the cups, partially fueled by influencers. You can set up an entire wall of shelves and display your new in box cups like they're funkopops or beanie babies.

nobody will give a gently caress about this thing in two months

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
for the past month, whenever someone was taljing about stanley cups i thought they meant the NHL tournament lol

i was like huh, is nhl selling like little trophy cups or something?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the scientific analysis of vibes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

palindrome posted:

they retooled their marketing strategy from aiming at "blue-collar workers" who might want a rugged implement to carry around on a hike or to a construction site (yes I know this in itself is somewhat of a mythologized ideal of an American man) to instead appeal to young women as a sort of faddy status symbol.

Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

for the past month, whenever someone was taljing about stanley cups i thought they meant the NHL tournament lol

i was like huh, is nhl selling like little trophy cups or something?

There's this weirdass fuckin thing where people pretended that the cups were popular for like three years, and then suddenly I started hearing about them constantly

no
organic
narratives

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

George H.W. oval office posted:

I had a professor say we will simply allow more immigration or amnesty to add more people to the scheme so it’ll be fine. lol.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Workers too uppity? Simply introduce more workers.

so about that

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/miller-cap-international-students-1.7090779

quote:

With a stated goal of targeting institutional "bad actors" — and amid concern about the impact growing numbers of international students are having on the housing market — Immigration Minister Marc Miller announced Monday that the federal government will cap the number of student permits over the next two years.

The government says it will approve approximately 360,000 undergraduate study permits for 2024 — a 35 per cent reduction from 2023.

Each province and territory will be allotted a portion of the total, distributed according to population. The federal government says this will result in "much more significant decreases in provinces where the international student population has seen the most unsustainable growth."

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

lol that'll sure fix things, you know, people who tend to live like 4-8 people in a single house

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

they retooled their marketing strategy from aiming at "blue-collar workers" who might want a rugged implement to carry around on a hike or to a construction site (yes I know this in itself is somewhat of a mythologized ideal of an American man) to instead appeal to young women as a sort of faddy status symbol.

I'm a little surprised it worked, but good on them for finding the correct marketing formula I suppose. and ruthlessly striking as hard as possible while the iron is hot

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Hate this lady

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

nobody will give a gently caress about this thing in two months

people have been buying wildly overpriced YETI-branded bullshit for years

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zuck gonna get owned

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Vox Nihili posted:

I could have sworn a few years ago people on here were at least okay with Yeti, but I think the sentiment has completely flipped and the wise play is to just get whatever cooler and it's fine?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

yo dawg i heard you like economies

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol, from "people's lyin' eyes" to "vibes matter" without missing a beat.
Same with "bidenomics" turned "vibecession."

vibes only matter when they're good; GOOD VIBES ONLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

my wife has some yeti poo poo and it's all stuff purchased by the law firm she works for and a training agency they pay. It's the Morton's effect