Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I saw a headline that said “Titans finalizing deal with Callahan” and on god it thought it was Bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Chargers are the best job. Team has a QB and their is no fan base or expectations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Woozie66 posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1749600849049837959?t=Xh6vFuUtEOFRK4jou_Wqiw&s=19

It'd be hilarious if their in house choice chooses to leave as well

Would honestly be a shock since if he stays he's coaching a top 5 QB in an offense he already knows. Like that's custom made to get you a HC gig regardless of how awesome you personally might/might not be *gestures to all the Rodgers QB coaches and coordinators*.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I saw a headline that said “Titans finalizing deal with Callahan” and on god it thought it was Bill

Brian's Bill's son, so there's that. I think there's like a couple dozen or so active coaches/coordinators right now who are all proteges of former (or current!) coaches.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

mcmagic posted:

You don't actually need to double and triple down when you gently caress up like the Jets did starting Zach Wilson for THREE loving YEARS.

Sam Darnold was actually a covert carrier of JV59 sent to infect the Panthers. He was successful beyond their wildest dreams.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

While the hellsite not embedding usually sucks, it does turn posts like these into a fun moment of anticipation while clicking through.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

FizFashizzle posted:

Rivera is gonna put in a good word for Shula or Dorsey.

Dorsey probably wouldn't be a terrible choice for the Eagles tbh. The Bills offense didn't actually meaningfully improve after he got fired, McDermott just did it to get the heat off himself.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://x.com/jeff_mclane/status/1749789164365545476?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1749793203006435542?t=2PZqerMoRubXwpUeCtHIYQ&s=19

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol:

:lmao:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Let's imagine what his rushing offenses look like without Justin Fields at QB.

I'm trying to imagine someone with that hiring rationale back when Mike Shula used to be the OC in Carolina. Like, loving Christ people.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grozz Nuy posted:

Dorsey probably wouldn't be a terrible choice for the Eagles tbh. The Bills offense didn't actually meaningfully improve after he got fired, McDermott just did it to get the heat off himself.
The Bills went from "out of the playoffs" to "#2 Seed in the playoffs" after Dorsey got fired. The offense definitely noticeably improved after he got fired.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Please do it. Please please please.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Why are local folks in Nashville hollering about getting Thomas Brown as OC?

The Panthers stunk, do people just put all of that on Reich and Bryce Young? Was the offense really good, they just couldn’t execute what he put together, or what?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ozymandius1024 posted:

Let's imagine what his rushing offenses look like without Justin Fields at QB.

I'm trying to imagine someone with that hiring rationale back when Mike Shula used to be the OC in Carolina. Like, loving Christ people.

Well the Bears need a trading partner for Fields, so...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I was assured that the Raiders had a good plan and knew what they were doing in this very thread......

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Bills went from "out of the playoffs" to "#2 Seed in the playoffs" after Dorsey got fired. The offense definitely noticeably improved after he got fired.
Did it? Or did Dorsey get scapegoated because McDermott's defense was allowing almost 28ppg during their stretch of losses? The defense improved to allow 16.8 ppg after their bye week when they started winning again.

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1724466437190975685?s=20

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake posted:

Did it? Or did Dorsey get scapegoated because McDermott's defense was allowing almost 28ppg during their stretch of losses? The defense improved to allow 16.8 ppg after their bye week when they started winning again.

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1724466437190975685?s=20
Right but success rate and whatever doesnt matter if the defense is constantly gassed because the offense cant run the ball. Dorsey got fired, the offense started running more, and the team started winning. The defense started playing better because they were not constantly gassed.

Anyway, that is how looked/felt to me, but I could be full of poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yea the bills improved drastically when the D was playing great. Hell Allen did not play particularly great during their win streak as a matter of fact

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

He threw less picks, which everyone says doesn’t matter for some reason but I remember them swinging some early games

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The Bills' offensive success rate and EPA/drive were actually higher under Dorsey than Brady. The 'improvement' was mostly a factor of turning the ball over less, which I don't believe to be a function of the OC as much as Allen's... shall we say, 'erratic' decision-making burning him less in the second half of the season than the first.

Either way, it's not like he could do much worse than Johnson. Although who knows how much of the Eagles' problems on offense were caused by Hurts gutting his way through various injuries and being less able/willing to run as a result.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 23, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grozz Nuy posted:

The Bills' offensive success rate and EPA/drive were actually higher under Dorsey than Brady. The 'improvement' was mostly a factor of turning the ball over less, which I don't believe to be a function of the OC as much as Allen's... shall we say, 'erratic' decision-making burning him less in the second half of the season than the first.
Thats a good point. My gut says that better playcalling helped Allen not throw as many ints but I do not have anything to back that up.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Thats a good point. My gut says that better playcalling helped Allen not throw as many ints but I do not have anything to back that up.
No, Brady definitely called better games and made exotic innovations like utilizing pre-snap motion, getting blockers out in front of swing passes, and running the ball frequently, including with Josh (he occasionally needs a good hit to knock sense into him) and using Dalton Kincaid more.

The offense became less predictable, stayed on the field longer, went three-and-out less, and relied less on Allen and Diggs in a sensible way.

Advanced stats are wrong here, Dorsey is a trash OC who will be exposed even worse by a QB that’s worse than Josh Allen.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AndrewP posted:

He threw less picks, which everyone says doesn’t matter for some reason but I remember them swinging some early games

Threw less picks? He threw exactly as many touchdowns as picks in his last five games

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Threw less picks? He threw exactly as many touchdowns as picks in his last five games

Doesn't Josh have a fumble issue too

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Why are local folks in Nashville hollering about getting Thomas Brown as OC?

The Panthers stunk, do people just put all of that on Reich and Bryce Young? Was the offense really good, they just couldn’t execute what he put together, or what?

It's a mystery to me. I'd be viewing any element of the Panthers' coaching as a plague carrier.

They got shut out the last two games, and only scored above 18 points once all season. I don't see how anyone can make the argument that the Panthers' offense had any element of being good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Doesn't Josh have a fumble issue too

He does, but it was down this year for what it's worth.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kurgarra Queen posted:

No, Brady definitely called better games and made exotic innovations like utilizing pre-snap motion, getting blockers out in front of swing passes, and running the ball frequently, including with Josh (he occasionally needs a good hit to knock sense into him) and using Dalton Kincaid more.

The offense became less predictable, stayed on the field longer, went three-and-out less, and relied less on Allen and Diggs in a sensible way.

Advanced stats are wrong here, Dorsey is a trash OC who will be exposed even worse by a QB that’s worse than Josh Allen.
Ok great, thank you for confirming.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Kurgarra Queen posted:

It's interesting because Joe Brady was the architect of some dog poo poo NFL offense before. Turns out a second chance in a better environment can lead to a coach being better than they were before.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Being an OC for Joe Burrow and Josh Allen leads to people thinking higher of your work than when it's for Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold. Weird.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Diva Cupcake posted:

Being an OC for Joe Burrow and Josh Allen leads to people thinking higher of your work than when it's for Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold. Weird.

Same for Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. :lol:

Head coaches Joe Philbin, Adam Gase (twice!), and Nathaniel Hackett! :doh:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

A.o.D. posted:

It's a mystery to me. I'd be viewing any element of the Panthers' coaching as a plague carrier.

They got shut out the last two games, and only scored above 18 points once all season. I don't see how anyone can make the argument that the Panthers' offense had any element of being good.

Yeah, it's hard to determine just how bad Brown is or isn't considering the trashfire that was the 2023 Panthers, but to give him some credit we did start running the ball better once Reich was gone. It didn't matter much in the end, however, so :shrug:

I do agree that no one should really be going after anyone on the Panthers coaching staff unless you think it was all Reich/Young/Tepper at fault

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Same for Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. :lol:

Head coaches Joe Philbin, Adam Gase (twice!), and Nathaniel Hackett! :doh:

Byron Leftwich shoulda taken that head coaching job before he revealed his true form.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
If I'm not mistaken, the Packers will give their answer about our DC situation in the next 48 hours.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A Sneaker Broker posted:

If I'm not mistaken, the Packers will give their answer about our DC situation in the next 48 hours.

What are you seeing/hearing? My feed of Packers beat journalists hasn't mentioned anything on that front so far today.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

SKULL.GIF posted:

What are you seeing/hearing? My feed of Packers beat journalists hasn't mentioned anything on that front so far today.

I have a friend who works in the building for the Packers. He said there were lots of staff meetings today and tomorrow. They're trying to finalize who will be here and who won't now because LaFleur expects major dominoes to start falling as soon as today for coaching changes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Badass.

So Harbaugh, Vrabel, Belichick to Falcons, Seahawks, Chargers (in some mix). Then Ben Johnson to the Commanders. That leaves one head coaching job (Panthers)?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Okay, so the remaining vacancies are:

Atlanta
LAC
D.C.
Carolina
Seattle

Belichick, Vrable, and Jim Harbaugh likely slot into three of those spots. It's beginning to look like Baltimore may actually keep one of their coordinators. Personally, if I'm Mike MacDonald, I'd take any one of those jobs except Carolina.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm not sure Vrabel gets a gig this offseason based off the interviews and I doubt he takes a DC somewhere. Probably a year off candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the panthers are probably going to hire the buccaneers' OC. his name is poo poo eater. jk. dave canales. really cute guy