Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kennel posted:

Lexis King has a challenger!

https://monthlypuroresu.com/features/kazuchika-okada-korekuen-hall-love/

(not sure if any credibility)

7 stars in the thunder dome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Astro7x posted:

Oh please put the library in a format that is easy to browse and not like the dumpster fire of Peacock.

Really curious how it will work with streaming and ads. Like if I can just click on an episode of Raw, scrub to the only parts I want to watch, and not have loving ads… I could see myself watching more WWE content. If they inject unstoppable ads where I can’t just fast forward to the poo poo I want to see like I currently can with my DVR, I will just give up watching entirely.

One of these things you mention is a huge benefit to the viewer. The other thing benefits nobody but Netflix and their advertisers. Which of the two do you think is more likely to happen?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vince has Guiliani amounts of hair dye in that pic

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

projecthalaxy posted:

way to lose tv, hunter

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Kennel posted:

Lexis King has a challenger!

https://monthlypuroresu.com/features/kazuchika-okada-korekuen-hall-love/

(not sure if any credibility)

I would be very upset if they stuck Okada in nxt!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

hunter will never be able to hit the nyse gavel

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
need that clip of Mike Cole saying the wwe network was like netflix but better

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

I would be very upset if they stuck Okada in nxt!

I would be very upset if he went to the WWE because then I wouldn't see him wrestle anymore.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I would be very upset if he went to the WWE because then I wouldn't see him wrestle anymore.

I don't care if he goes to WWE because whatever it's these peoples lives and they can do what they want. But if WWE makes the decision to take one of the biggest stars in the world who has sold out arenas and stick him in that tiny show it would be disrespectful.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Just :laffo: that WWE figures their audience for Raw, which is comprised mainly of old people who fall asleep with the TV still on the last channel that they turned it to, is going to follow them over to Netflix

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just lol if this WWE move necessitates a Netflix price hike and pisses everyone off

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

need that clip of Mike Cole saying the wwe network was like netflix but better

Oh my god I forgot how often they repeated that :lol:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pillowpants posted:

Given all the incredibly violent Korean shows and movies Netflix has, maybe we will see a relaxation on the rules there and more AEW style wrestling

Netflix bought the product they bought, there’ll be minimal creative difference between Raw on cable and Raw on Netflix.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Netflix bought the product they bought, there’ll be minimal creative difference between Raw on cable and Raw on Netflix.

wrongo. netflix will hash tag bring back attitude era

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Just :laffo: that WWE figures their audience for Raw, which is comprised mainly of old people who fall asleep with the TV still on the last channel that they turned it to, is going to follow them over to Netflix

That’s you

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

5 billion dollars. Christ almighty.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Imagine current Raw pacing, but commercial free. 10 minute walks to the ring, and you're gonna watch.

Dango Bango posted:

Just lol if this WWE move necessitates a Netflix price hike and pisses everyone off

Netflix will probably be $3/month more by January 2025 than it is now. Not specifically due to Raw, but it sure won't help.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Well I mean it's all monopoly money, Netflix is already in $14 billion in debt, what's another $5 billion?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Imagine current Raw pacing, but commercial free. 10 minute walks to the ring, and you're gonna watch.

Netflix will probably be $3/month more by January 2025 than it is now. Not specifically due to Raw, but it sure won't help.

They'll do what they do with Peacock and play a bunch of irrelevant video packages and shill their credit card.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

netflix was already planning to increase prices again this year but maybe it was in anticipation of this. i didn't see how that feller already said this. i'm not removing it. i don't have anything else. empty posts are a waste of resources that full useless posts are not

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Looking forward to Jenna Ortega in Wednesday garb joining the Judgment Day in a crossover story.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's wild how over "$9.99" was for a while there

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Gonzo McFee posted:

Well I mean it's all monopoly money, Netflix is already in $14 billion in debt, what's another $5 billion?

All of these services are just burning venture capital idiot money in hopes of being the last one standing, and it's not going to happen.

And by all of these services, I mean almost any dumb app based product running seemingly pointless ads for whatever reason. Why would anyone need to buy groceries while at a football game? Why is that an idea someone thought would be marketable? Why would people pay extra for something they can do relatively easily in our suburban, car-based culture? How is this making any money at all, much less enough to blanket the NFL playoffs with ads?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mons Hubris posted:

5 billion dollars. Christ almighty.

Only if they do the full ten years or whatever. 500 million for 5 years, with an option to extend after 5.

But still, 500 million a year for loving Raw.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

JethroMcB posted:

In 2030, Netflix will have only Raw and Seinfeld. And a few random rear end Korean romantic comedies.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Red posted:

In 2030, Netflix will have only Raw and Seinfeld. And a few random rear end Korean romantic comedies.

Raw will become a Korean romantic comedy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Raw will become a Korean romantic comedy

let hhh cook

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Vince bought a $2 can of black spray paint on the way to the stock exchange, didn't he?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

They’ll bring back your

So many ppl dying mid post these days

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Like "Shot of Brandi" except with HHH? Netflix might give that a 4 episode pilot.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Go get your number for the rumble from Stone Cold 64
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4052530

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

WWE shipping Baron 'Daebak' Corbin to Korea to compete in variety shows like Jack Black did that one time

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

a.lo posted:

That’s you

I have neither cable TV nor Netflix. Checkmate, I think:smuggo:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That DICK! posted:

So many ppl dying mid post these days

Much like the rest of the world, autocorrect didn’t recognise tout

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
so now, instead of Raw playing in the background because people didn't change their channel before falling asleep on their sofa, Raw will now be playing in the background because It started to auto-play because people didn't log out of Netflix before falling asleep on their sofa.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

enigmahfc posted:

so now, instead of Raw playing in the background because people didn't change their channel before falling asleep on their sofa, Raw will now be playing in the background because It started to auto-play because people didn't log out of Netflix before falling asleep on their sofa.

Ratings are no longer going to be publicly available, are they? Or will they be made public since WWE is publicly traded?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

What does Qoppy think

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He’s going back to watching the fed

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

The Great Khali Bake Off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was told that wwe was going to wb discovery specifically to upset me and ensure that AEW died

Did someone go on the internet and lie?