Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Zedhe Khoja posted:

what spices do yall put in your beanjuice? cardamom is the classic go to in the muslim world, but I think the mexicans were on to something with that star anise

i bean wanting to try this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan 23, 2024
now on tap: MAXIMUM SEDATION

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Bless every day with a little sprinkle of bean juice

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
So Ive been getting these headaches throughout the day and whenever I get them I noticed that I sort of start sweating and feeling feverish. I was worried because this has been going on for weeks now and I thought maybe it was COVID or something, but I realized recently that all I have to do is drink a coffee and it's like I'm cured for a few hours! I love coffee so much

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Coffee makes you feel win and it monetarily supports the small hold free trade peasant farmers of the Global South. Un fact it's Direct Action to drinkncoffee, which I am doing right now

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Might have to whip up a caramel latt... :lofty:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Anyone else here down with the Smeg? https://www.smeg.com/us/products/MFF01PGUS

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

coffee numnber 4 or 5. i really dont know

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

making some afternoon coffee

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

+1 coffee

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zedhe Khoja posted:

what spices do yall put in your beanjuice? cardamom is the classic go to in the muslim world, but I think the mexicans were on to something with that star anise

i think the "warm" spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, etc work really well with coffee

in the winter i like to add about a gram of it to my coffee for espresso shots

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

neither of my kids was very interested in either sleeping or letting me sleep last night so i am drinking some extra coffee today

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
coworker brought in some flavored Kona beans and lmao this is what a Wawa smells like

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Flavored beans gtfo

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
on to bean juice #2

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

RadiRoot posted:

on to bean juice #2

:cheersbird:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

Might have to whip up a caramel latt... :lofty:

hello fancypants

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dokapon Findom posted:

Flavored beans gtfo

flavored beans and gtfo

:sludgepal:

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

coworker brought in some flavored Kona beans and lmao this is what a Wawa smells like

extremely upsetting thing to do to kona

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'll drink it but this poo poo is not getting into my personal bean grinder. absolutely not.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

snack soul posted:

extremely upsetting thing to do to kona

it's probably 10% actual Kona beans anyway

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

this might make me unpopular here, but I've switched to half caff (I buy two sets of beans & mix em together) and I feel pretty good about my decision, I'm sleeping better while still enjoying the taste of #coffee every morning

fellow actual coffee addicts take note! it worked for me :)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Cafe bombón... what a Creation, what an Idea, what a Concept!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/clubmoss_/status/1749432471345635526

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Vox Nihili posted:

it's probably 10% actual Kona beans anyway

the big islands barely in the climate belt for coffea arabica and they always roast the beans as dark as possible because dumb american tourists think dark = strong. cant taste anything but the roast!

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

uber_stoat posted:

i bean wanting to try this stuff.

grains of paradise is a misnomer its actually grains of selim aka djaar aka moor pepper aka negro pepper

i wasnt able to find any in america i had to order some from senegal on etsy (for making the cafe touba-inspired coffee rum infusion drink from Liquid Intelligence)

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
gotta milkwash that coffee-infused rum

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

good lord

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

reminds me, i once had coffee from beans that were aged in old burbon casks and it was vile. grinding it stank like an old still, and it tasted about the same.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

onto my second cup

might have a third later

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Vox Nihili posted:

onto my second cup

might have a third later

poo poo yet?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

poo poo yet?

you know it

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
had a pre coffee dump here. might get some coffee and go back for seconds

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

why not try for a hat trick

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

got the coffees

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

Mr. Sharps posted:

reminds me, i once had coffee from beans that were aged in old burbon casks and it was vile. grinding it stank like an old still, and it tasted about the same.

yeah i tried something like this years ago when a coworker brought in a bag and can confirm it fuckin sucked

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

what's the consensus on McDonalds coffee

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

smoobles posted:

in a crunch ill drink it sure. usually iced though

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

smoobles posted:

not great, not terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

coworker made some espresso whipped cream :discourse: