Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

The realest poo poo he or any candidate has said so far. He's young though, if there's a USA in 20 years (I think there will be) he could be the terrible, terrible president it deserves

He sucks though and he won't improve, that's just how much further things will have deteriorated from where they are now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/USA_Polling/status/1749921025746178263

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Dokapon Findom posted:

Seriously what's the loving point of that stupid town going before everyone else in the state. If I were governor I would make my state's primary the day before NH because gently caress you

Live Free or Die? Well that's up to you :dukedoge:

I don’t think governors really control it. I think the primary schedule is determined by the party leadership.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

VideoKid posted:

I don’t think governors really control it. I think the primary schedule is determined by the party leadership.

That’s a yes and a no. The states can legislate and regulate it to say the parties have to do them at such and such time. The parties are under no obligation to recognize state primaries that happen out of their preferred order

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I think Iowa and New Hampshire have laws that require them to go first. I think the democrats are clashing with Iowa over their order because of the colossal gently caress up from 2020

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
:nallears: You can't have a state law that governs or restricts the conducts of other states! That's literally unconstitutional!

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

I think Iowa and New Hampshire have laws that require them to go first. I think the democrats are clashing with Iowa over their order because of the colossal gently caress up from 2020

its new hampshire. the DNC wants South Carolina to the first primary but NH law says they get to go first. so NH doesnt get to send any delegates lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

iowa also has a law that says they have to go first but the new hampshire law says the state must schedule their primary before any other "primary". so since iowa holds a "caucus" they are allowed by their law to go after iowa

its all really stupid

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

its new hampshire. the DNC wants South Carolina to the first primary but NH law says they get to go first. so NH doesnt get to send any delegates lol

I only vaguely recall things about US politics now and Im happier for it

Dokapon Findom posted:

:nallears: You can't have a state law that governs or restricts the conducts of other states! That's literally unconstitutional!

Iowa and New Hampshire resolved the problem by Iowa having a caucus

But theoretically if some other state did a 'first in nation' law they'd keep one upping each other until the primary started the day after the general election

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Also the SC government would have to move the date there too, which they’re in no real hurry to do on the dems behalf

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think im going to dump all my haley nos for haley yeses and try to ride haleymentum up until right before the polls close

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 23:48 on Jan 23, 2024

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Nix Panicus posted:

I only vaguely recall things about US politics now and Im happier for it

Iowa and New Hampshire resolved the problem by Iowa having a caucus

But theoretically if some other state did a 'first in nation' law they'd keep one upping each other until the primary started the day after the general election

move it even earlier. start primaries long before the previous term is over. have multiple concurrent primaries at all times. we have the technology

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

put the primaries on the blockchain

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Never forget in the 2008 primary Florida went early and the DNC initially didn’t honor the delegates but Hilldawg won so she fought like hell to get them included and I think they finally did after apply some math penalty to the total

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

The non-MAGA republicans aren't happy with tup - that's okay, they'll still keep voting for that garbage

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

If states get to pull shenanigans like this then we should get to declare war on each other! :mad:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Give New Hampshire's delegates to Old Hampshire a la PRC/ROC

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
laws aren't real, states can do whatever they want, if they want. who's gonna stop them? joe biden?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Unrest in the cantons... the paramount leader is weak... the people yearn to break free from the cruel and implacable yoke of New Hampshire :911:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

haley crashing again

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

NH Primary = Nikki Haley Primary?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i am joining the maga movement :letsgo:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm a Nikki supporter, so I typically go to bed at 7 PM on the dot, but tonight I can barely sleep! I'm so excited for Nikki-Nation!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm a nationalist for the Nikki Nation!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/Alex_Day11/status/1447153374437289985?s=20

me when I'm getting ready for #NikkiNation

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

you're right sir

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

polls close in like 20 minutes so im going to stop trying to squeak out a few pennies as price bounces around and instead go back to all-in on trump winning

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The whole Nikkination genre of the Nikki fandom is far inferior to nikkification

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Reverse nikkification where she picks up the book and starts goose stepping

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Four years ago, during the NH primary, I had just gotten done canvassing in the snow for Bernie Sanders with my best friend.

Now I'm all in on #NikkiNation! I've seen the light!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nichael posted:

Four years ago, during the NH primary, I had just gotten done canvassing in the snow for Bernie Sanders with my best friend.

Now I'm all in on #NikkiNation! I've seen the light!

that best friend? nikki haley

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

that best friend? nikki haley

hee hee i wish ^_*

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1749940011657515340
... Dislike opponents: 39%

:sad:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pathetic

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

kaitlan just tell me how many trump voters and haley voters there wre

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

kaitlan just tell me how many trump voters and haley voters there wre

I voted several times for Nikki.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Trump is the only candidate that matters. You're either voting for him or against him

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

9 minutes until the polls close and all the networks instantly call it for trump like they did in iowa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

lol, and also: lmao