Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

dr_rat posted:

The reason is because it would be funny to see? I mean not a great reason from her perspective but a good one none the less.

I dunno, seeing Haley do well would’ve been funny. Seeing Trump romp all over the field is just making me uneasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lol trump easily pwns another noob

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He has an effect of turning out voters who don’t turn out when his name’s not on the ballot. That might be why polling is broken; you run 2022 and 2023 based off 2020 numbers and Republicans are way over sampled/weighted. But then the danger is that if you poll 2024 based off 2022 and 2023 numbers, you’re actually undercounting Republicans and think that Nikki Haley is within 2 points of TRUMP. :doh:

Most of the polling had Trump winning by double digits; the +2 poll was an outlier that got over-hyped by the media.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Shishkahuben posted:

some surprise chud will rise through the ranks in two months to pose a new challenge?

I think the next surprise GOP candidate that SHOCKS the political world is HERE!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Just shows that there probably a lot more republicans that will refuse to vote for Trump in the general than there are democrats who won't vote for Biden

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

But it works for TRUMP all the time! :confused:

Trump won the primary, no one new is parachuting in. It’s logistically impossible. These campaigns have been raising money and building infrastructure for well over a year, you can’t start from square one now.

Shackling the republican party to a 24 karat crime golem, in the worst shape of his life, in the middle of uncountable court cases, and whose network of friends henchmen, fixers, flunkies and yes-men are all going to prison, spilling their guts to avoid going to prison, and writing memoirs about how corrupt he and everyone around him is.

Bold strategy! We'll see if it pays out for them.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I think the next surprise GOP candidate that SHOCKS the political world is HERE!

The shock jebster!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wow he sounds really happy about his win

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749965675890982994

is she drunk?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

Wow he sounds really happy about his win

I’m not watching, is he humping the podium?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Durf posted:

the GOPs only hope is to turn him into a martyr one way or another. its only trump or revenge for trump

Oh yeah after he dies GOP candidates are going to be screaming at each other about who he would have liked more

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I'm not buying it though

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

I'm not buying it though

Yeah, they always say they're not going to drop out, right up until the second they drop out

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

I like how over 1/3rd of the screen there is banner ads

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

I'm not buying it though

Nope, her donors are going to be telling her she’s cut off tonight and she’ll probably drop out tomorrow.

It’s not getting any better anywhere else.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

It's endlessly amusing (sad, pathetic) how class and grace and humility have always been foreign concepts to that sack of poo poo.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

kazil posted:

I'm not buying it though

I believe in u Nikki

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
On the plus side, Haley's probably set herself up nicely for a potential '28 run, assuming Trump loses the general

She could be the "what might have been" candidate

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I’m not watching, is he humping the podium?

maybe mtg is finally getting that hog she wanted, but from trump

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

General election season has officially started :smith:

This is going to suuuuuuuuck.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

On the plus side, Haley's probably set herself up nicely for a potential '28 run, assuming Trump loses the general

She could be the "what might have been" candidate

can't wait for the Haley vs Vance primary

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

FuturePastNow posted:

Oh yeah after he dies GOP candidates are going to be screaming at each other about who he would have liked more

ya all the brand legacy with none of the baggage or unpredictability

Reagan 2.0

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

General election season has officially started :smith:

This is going to suuuuuuuuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBZP5bXAUVg

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Now anything at all that these people don't like - even when the larger story is favorable - is simply dismissed as "fake."

Thus, I proclaim here for the masses to finally know the truth: Marjorie Taylor Greene doesn't exist.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

is she drunk?

It’s amazing that even when they’re winning it’s simply not enough. Any votes that didn’t go to trump have to be fake because who wouldn’t vote for him?

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
I like that its okay to call the primary with less than 25% of the vote in since its in Trump's favor instead of it being RIGGED AND STOLLEN, RECOUNT THE BALLOTS

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Ardemia posted:

I like that its okay to call the primary with less than 25% of the vote in since its in Trump's favor instead of it being RIGGED AND STOLLEN, RECOUNT THE BALLOTS

If this isn't a joke, I just want to point out that making accurate predictions of how ballots are going to go is pretty easy these days. Look at Fox News calling Nevada way ahead of everyone else and being completely right and this really hurting peoples feelings.

Nikki Haley has absolutely no chance in NH.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Complete humeeliayshun

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

Nelson Mandingo posted:

If this isn't a joke, I just want to point out that making accurate predictions of how ballots are going to go is pretty easy these days. Look at Fox News calling Nevada way ahead of everyone else and being completely right and this really hurting peoples feelings.

Nikki Haley has absolutely no chance in NH.

Can confirm it was indeed an attempt at a humorous statement based on Trump's narcissistic tendencies and track record of being a whiner.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

PuttyKnife posted:

Man, I was just telling a friend how much that lady hosed me up as a kid. It wasn’t as bad as Ernest Scared Stupid, but it was close.

I can see the line between the troll in the Ernest movie me Trump. Scary.
i can not see any line.

trantor the troll from "ernest scared stupid" was a very good villain and kind of a tutorial on how villains like this should be done.
first off the threat is established early: he will steal children to raise a troll army. he is a simple villain with a clear threat established early on

then the brilliant scene of ernest summoning trantor by...doing the thing it was prophesied he would do. word for word and beat for beat. to show how unlikely it would be if for him to do the thing it was prophesied he would do...
this is both the laziest and most brilliant way out of this very specific problem they very specifically wrote themselves into. so many other movies go with "a drop of blood" or "find a book", those type of coincidences that are never satisfying. "hocus pocus" did a very similar thing but sort of maybe bobbled it a bit? that movie had a few tiny issues but was very well made as well, i'm glad it is finally getting the recognition it deserves.
point is that scene is brilliant and should be shown in movie schools for movie fools.

now trantor is on the loose. we get full orchestra and dramatic lighting and a rooooooar that shakes the screen. trantor's intro is EPIC.
we get the scenes of him killing children! he grabs them and they turn into little screaming wooden statues! the children twist in fear! they scream! trantor is moving forward with his goals and not fooling around. he's not kidnapping children for later, he's turning them into chunks of wood and we have no idea how they'll change back!
getting around the "polly tied to the train tracks" plot of children's movies is also something that elevates this movie. we don't get repeated scenes of people being held hostage just to assure us that the characters are ok, no, we see a screaming child turned into wood, his face twisted in agony. all before the adults even know there's a problem!
during these early scenes we just get glimpses and glances at the costume but it is really good as well. it's properly aged, the eyes are human-like while everything else is exagerated to give it that "off" look it's a solid costume. but, mostly, the filmaking works it. it's never shown at an unflattering angle, or in situations where it looks ridiculous, they never over show movement which would be a weakness in a little person in a costume type way. just in general watch how they film trantor, it's like the dshark from jaws or the alien from alien, they use it effectively and sparingly.

then trantor fights ernest in his truck and we learn, in one of my favorite jokes of the entire ernest oeuvre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxsWAW9Q-jw where ernest silently calculates how many horsepower trantor is pulling against. but trantor defeats ernest and, more importantly, doesn't engage in his poo poo. ernest is goofing around even during this threat but trantor is just coming for him. he don't give a gently caress. trantor is focused, strong, determined and is not around too much.

none of which can be said about trump.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The "Caught cheating on your taxes? We can help!" ads are very on brand.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

FuturePastNow posted:

that was literally every GOP primary with Reagan between 1988-2015 before Trump descended the golden escalator

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Man, I remember growing up and thinking IRS audits were a normal and constant part of life the way chuds bitch about them non-stop.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Nope, her donors are going to be telling her she’s cut off tonight and she’ll probably drop out tomorrow.

It’s not getting any better anywhere else.

Yeah if she had a clear path to some significant victories in the next couple states maybe. But, you know, the fact she's going to lose her own home state next.... she's done.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shishkahuben posted:

Shackling the republican party to a 24 karat crime golem, in the worst shape of his life, in the middle of uncountable court cases, and whose network of friends henchmen, fixers, flunkies and yes-men are all going to prison, spilling their guts to avoid going to prison, and writing memoirs about how corrupt he and everyone around him is.

Bold strategy! We'll see if it pays out for them.

Don't forget that every day Trump's brain is turning into more mush.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

yeah she drunk
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749973768544616671

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749974721167565175

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The "Caught cheating on your taxes? We can help!" ads are very on brand.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
the chad trantor vs the virgin dolnald

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

“These political consultants should go to jail for continuing this campaign,” - spokesperson for the Party of Freedom :911:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Hang on, isn't Trantor the galactic capital in those old Asimov books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Top issues facing the country don't include "woke." This poll is RIGGED!!!