Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Freaquency posted:

I think you’ll find that the pooping happens in Baltimore, actually.

Look, there's enough poop to go around. Both cities can have pooping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1957_NFL_playoffs

:tinfoil:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Cool, now do the 1983-84 season championship game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Freaquency posted:

I think you’ll find that the pooping happens in Baltimore, actually.
Por que no los dos?

e: Coldforge got me

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Coldforge posted:

Cool, now do the 1983-84 season championship game.

No need to worry about that, my friend. You aren't facing the Chiefs!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The writers seem to be ignoring week 1 call backs this year. The veteran Ravens beat up on the upstart Texans week 1 in Baltimore. The divisional round had those same Texans, strengthened over CJ Stroud's hero's journey rookie year, returning to Baltimore to avenge their inaugural defeat. They still got pasted.

If anybody has the narrative juice it's the blue collar cast off Lions beating two supposed elite juggernauts in SF and KC/BAL in route to their first ever Championship. Now that's a sports doc in the making.

Personally, I think it's great writing then the good guys get smashed and destroyed unambiguously.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

How did the 49ers become the heels? They're eternally opposed to the cowboys ffs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mustached Demon posted:

How did the 49ers become the heels? They're eternally opposed to the cowboys ffs.

Always have been.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

enemy of my enemy is my friend,

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Mustached Demon posted:

The Cowboys are jobbers to the stars that their fans swear are gonna get the big push. But they're still jobbers.

theCops
Aug 13, 2004
News: Buffalo choked against KC, again.

Views: Wide Right 2.0 is a net good because it saved us the embarrassment of seeing the Buffalo defense let KC march straight down the field in approximately 41 seconds in OT.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Mustached Demon posted:

nobody wants to see a team who made it to the nfc championship a 4th time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

Quarterback Bobby Layne had been lost for the season two weeks earlier,[6] and backup Tobin Rote led the Lions' rally, scoring 24 unanswered points in the second half to win, 31–27.

Tobin Rote. e: Tobin Cornelius Rote

Teddy Bridgewater would be a suitable name to replicate this. Hendon Hooker would be even better for future generations looking up really old stuff.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 24, 2024

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Pro wrestling when it was real drew crowds of hundreds of people. Fake pro wrestling draws tens of thousands. Relatively minor edits to NFL games will produce the winner that the marketplace desires. Why do you hate capitalism?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Sono posted:

Pro wrestling when it was real drew crowds of hundreds of people. Fake pro wrestling draws tens of thousands. Relatively minor edits to NFL games will produce the winner that the marketplace desires. Why do you hate capitalism?

Vince tried to take the business lessons he learned from pro wrestling to do football but failed spectacularly. which is a shame bc i really want players to have entrance music and finishing moves

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

famously upscale and elite coastal city, Baltimore Maryland

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Baltimore is exactly like The Wire in my head

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Wow. That's insulting.

The Wire was 20 years ago. Now it's exactly like David Simon's new show about crime and Po-lease in Baltimore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig9BcW7gXvE

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Lamarr comin'

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Wow. That's insulting.

The Wire was 20 years ago. Now it's exactly like David Simon's new show about crime and Po-lease in Baltimore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig9BcW7gXvE

Call me when it’s like how they showed it in The Expanse.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think KC will win because:

It is more likely that Lamar will poo poo the bed than Mahomes based on their history.
It is more likely that Mahomes will ball out than Lamar based on their history.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you, a normal person when you think of baltimore: "wow its just like the wire"

me when i think of baltimore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esl_wOQDUeE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZuN0xXWLc

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Waltzing Along posted:

I think KC will win because:

It is more likely that Lamar will poo poo the bed than Mahomes based on their history.
It is more likely that Mahomes will ball out than Lamar based on their history.

these are my exact feelings

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dirty-rear end Baltimore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeNKuLjgVrI

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Last time I was in Baltimore, my buddy took me on a walk along the inner harbor past the Johns Hopkins business school, and then we found a nice bar and watched Manchester United lose. The waterfront is a little sterile, but the pub was cool, and overall it seemed like a pretty alright place. Then we walked back a few blocks inland through a project that they’re rebuilding because the old one got so rotten it had to be condemned, and a squatter in an abandoned school building emptied his pissbucket while we were passing by. In conclusion, Baltimore is a land of contrasts.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://x.com/realmravens/status/1749263372934074517?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

Views:
That's a level of petty I appreciate.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I think you’re probably being wooshed by a random on Twitter.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Yeah, if the Ravens want to win, they wouldn't ban Taytay, because otherwise that team will see a Swifties Blitz that would have made the 1939 Wehrmacht blush.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think you’re probably being wooshed by a random on Twitter.

But it has a blue check, which means it's a very important person who... Oh. Oh. Yeah, that's not good.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hahaha can u imagine not giving a gently caress about Taylor Swift as a football fan, reclining in my easy chair and having a big fat chortle over it at everyone's expense

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Thread on that whole Warren Sharp ref thing

https://twitter.com/PFF_Moo/status/1749879119456633258#m

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Sports Illustrated may be dead, yet they’re going out with a bang

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/24/troy-aikman-didnt-book-vacation-cowboys-nfc-championship

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Can you provide a summary for non Twitter havers?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Victorious Radia posted:

Warren Sharp is talking as if you’d expect every ref to give the home team a roughly 50:50 record against the spread. Statistically, though, you should actually expect refs to fall into a binomial distribution: if every game is decided by flipping a perfectly fair coin (and remember that we’re talking about the spread here, so 50% should be about right), random chance means that almost certainly there will be some refs who happen to preside over a lot of home-team wins and others who preside over a lot of home-team losses. The Twitter thread says that the observed distribution is very plausible for a binomial process and the ref in question is not a significant outlier.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

rjmccall posted:

Warren Sharp is talking as if you’d expect every ref to give the home team a roughly 50:50 record against the spread. Statistically, though, you should actually expect refs to fall into a binomial distribution: if every game is decided by flipping a perfectly fair coin (and remember that we’re talking about the spread here, so 50% should be about right), random chance means that almost certainly there will be some refs who happen to preside over a lot of home-team wins and others who preside over a lot of home-team losses. The Twitter thread says that the observed distribution is very plausible for a binomial process and the ref in question is not a significant outlier.

That is an excellent explanation and I appreciate it.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I was watching 59-0 and realized that the refs have red striped uniforms. Is that for visibility reasons or something else?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I was watching 59-0 and realized that the refs have red striped uniforms. Is that for visibility reasons or something else?

One of the throw back weekends for some kinda anniversary the refs iirc were wearing AFL throw backs. Pats were in their originals and iirc the Titans were in maybe their old oilers ones.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Victorious Radia posted:

I use nitter.net to read Twitter btw, I just changed the URL back to Twitter so it would embed here

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The deaths from the weather didnt happen at the game...

https://nypost.com/2024/01/22/news/3-kansas-city-chiefs-fans-found-frozen-outside-home-of-friend-who-had-no-knowledge-of-deaths-lawyer/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Coldforge posted:

Look, there's enough poop to go around. Both cities can have pooping.

Gonna need some physical proof of this claim.