Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Got hit with a busy hands bug last night. Could reload, ADS, pick stuff up and move/remove it from my inventory, but I could not eat, drink, or use any meds. Made me wish my teammate could do first aid on me. Had to book it to extract with a heavy bleed and narrowly made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ROFLburger posted:

i came across a mountain of corpses on one of my scav runs and i had a hard time figuring out which weapons to take. are there any obvious indicators that a weapon is a particular keeper beyond personal preference? i guess this question also extends to body armor and rigs

western guns are worth more, pulling off attachments rather than taking full guns is usually the way to deal with having to go thru a ton of bodies etc an d nicely sidesteps having to know which guns are wroth more.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Stux posted:

western guns are worth more, pulling off attachments rather than taking full guns is usually the way to deal with having to go thru a ton of bodies etc an d nicely sidesteps having to know which guns are wroth more.
Just don't forget to survive - I regularly get back attachments that were insured. :D

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

socialsecurity posted:

Yeah this is why I quit, I don't have time to see if a person is a PMC/Scav because most people will kill me instantly so my options become lose karma or die.

This is overly reductive to the point of petulance.

My scav has a 70% survival rating in 100+ raids. Mostly I don't see anyone. If I do see a scav, mostly they're cool. Calm down and don't worry about fighting as much. Just voiceline when you hear a noise and based on that decide if it's time to fight or run. I mostly choose run, and have made millions on my scav runs.

Your scav is designed to be bad at fighting and bad at stealth. So trying to force it into those boxes is going to cause some pain.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Is there a bug where sometimes some one is tagged and cursed despite having gear on them? I loaded into a customs map and all the scavs came running to me, I killed 9 before I was overwhelmed by numbers

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Stevefin posted:

Is there a bug where sometimes some one is tagged and cursed despite having gear on them? I loaded into a customs map and all the scavs came running to me, I killed 9 before I was overwhelmed by numbers

i've wondered about this myself. I'm pretty sure i've been marked several times where they just keep flooding me. someone said it could be from making too much noise? idk. Once was in dorms and i killed 14 scavs while just sitting in the hallway on the third floor, also on interchange once and streets another time. they just wouldn't loving stop coming it was so weird, i was fully geared every time.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
An important distinction is having enough gear on their person *when they load in* Picking up more gear doesn't remove the tagged/cursed status if you originally loaded in with not enough gear.

That said, one time a friend and I definitely had a seemingly neverending wave of scavs pushing us in interchange in the garage under the hole in the floor.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
scavs spawn in groups now generally and there's some peculiarities with the spawning system (mostly if you're either one of the only pmcs left or only pmcs in a large area and/or area with a lot of scav spawn points) you can get gangbanged by as much as 20+ scavs. if you're using loud guns you also are basically summoning every single scav within like 100m, which in certain places can be a dozen or more scavs, too.

this is all separate from tagged and cursed, too.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

scavs spawn in groups now generally and there's some peculiarities with the spawning system (mostly if you're either one of the only pmcs left or only pmcs in a large area and/or area with a lot of scav spawn points) you can get gangbanged by as much as 20+ scavs. if you're using loud guns you also are basically summoning every single scav within like 100m, which in certain places can be a dozen or more scavs, too.

this is all separate from tagged and cursed, too.

it's been great because I'll kill one scav then be able to farm 8 more instantly.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
yeah it owns. it's kinda wild sometimes because you'll get like full gangs of scavs flanking you while another pushes you from the front and then the noise will draw in some player scavs

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I’ve seen streamers like willerz intentionally use loud guns to draw in more scavs and pmc’s. Silencers are too boring, some say.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

I’ve seen streamers like willerz intentionally use loud guns to draw in more scavs and pmc’s. Silencers are too boring, some say.

Go loud with 2/3rds of a 95 round drum to lull your opponent into a false sense of security

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Finally got around to trying SPTarkov, and it's the most fun I've had with the game in several wipes. Looking forwards to them updating it for the newest patch

Anyone know if these major SPTarkov updates wipe your progression?

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

Bohemian Nights posted:

Finally got around to trying SPTarkov, and it's the most fun I've had with the game in several wipes. Looking forwards to them updating it for the newest patch

Anyone know if these major SPTarkov updates wipe your progression?

Yeah major updates almost always require a profile wipe, if not a complete reinstall of SPT, not that it's a tricky task. I wouldn't stress though, 0.14 is a few months out for SPT as there's a tonne of new stuff to integrate and they have to wait for live players to get through it first so they can use their profiles to work from.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Good to know, thanks!

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/1adag0s/infinite_money_glitch_teach_your_6_year_old_to/

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Watch his account get banned now for "account sharing"..

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
Trying to unlock Jaeger as a newbie is pretty frustrating. I think I've done 15-20 runs today. Most end with me getting domed by someone that know what they're doing.

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.

Jakosa posted:

Trying to unlock Jaeger as a newbie is pretty frustrating. I think I've done 15-20 runs today. Most end with me getting domed by someone that know what they're doing.

Are you in the discord? I, or someone else, can lead you there. It would be pretty unlucky to die once doing that if you know where you're going, let alone fifteen times.

e: knowing where the gently caress you are is the hardest part of being a newbie in tarkov imo. just having someone who knows the map around to tell you which spawn you have, where your extracts are, and when/where you need to look out for other PMCs is so incredibly helpful in this game

Vayra fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 29, 2024

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

finally getting the hang of woods and i've been building a ton of stuff in my hideout. really enjoying this game even though i'm getting my poo poo rocked just about every time i run into other PMCs

is there an easy way to find compatible magazines and ammunition from traders for random guns i haul out of raids? i keep thinking i'm buying the right stuff for guns only to find out it's the same caliber but wrong manufacturer, etc

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Linked search on the weapon

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Jakosa posted:

For some reason I managed to do this on 1st run of Woods this time. I dry practiced finding the letter offline, then didn't saw a single enemy during the actual raid.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

For some reason I managed to do this on 1st run of Woods this time. I dry practiced finding the letter offline, then didn't saw a single enemy during the actual raid.

I got lucky this wipe and spawned just south of Jaeger's campsite. I started real late though so now I'm dealing with the clusterfuck of doing early leveling quests while everyone's in mid-wipe gear and hosing me down with AP ammo out of suppressed guns.

Also this loving snow needs to gently caress off already.

BONESTORM
Jan 27, 2009

Buy me Bonestorm or go to Hell!

Ihmemies posted:

I got lucky the first time as well, although I took a round to the arm on the last second of extraction at Outskirts. I was prone at the time, so I also got super lucky that whoever shot at me didn’t have great aim or was using a lovely gun and the round didn’t strike me in the head instead. Was also a quiet raid up to that point, only came across one AI scav and heard a few grenades explode way off in the distance, and that was it for action.

The recoil and armour changes are so good, holy poo poo. Getting into gunfights with other PMCs feels way more skill based rather than being a case of who has the best meta kit. I had written off the live game, but my buddy and I are having a blast, taking out multiple PMCs in a raid and surviving more than we die, which was definitely not the case when played in previous wipes.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
some interesting stuff about current state of headset audio + the binaural pop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH-HSLNVWoU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLTcVhXLJNk

big thing: headset audio is directional, you have unaugmented audio in every other direction

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is it a waste of time to use something like the RPK-16 since it's classified as a LMG? I wouldn't be leveling assault rifle skills or whatever.

Also it seems like it's outclassed by something like the base AK-12 when I'm looking at the numbers. Am I missing something here?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Jakosa posted:

Quests like that I just try to run in and out with no gear. its also been made harder to do cause of the snow as the letter is also white and flat on the ground. it can be very hard to spot even when you are given the time

poe meater posted:

Is it a waste of time to use something like the RPK-16 since it's classified as a LMG? I wouldn't be leveling assault rifle skills or whatever.

Also it seems like it's outclassed by something like the base AK-12 when I'm looking at the numbers. Am I missing something here?

RPK used to be really good many wipes ago. however its been trash since. It could be good again with the recoil changes and armour system as I think it has a better rate of fire than the AK's, but its attachments are very limited still compared to them

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 30, 2024

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021

Jakosa posted:

I finally managed to do it. One thing that helped was that I managed to kill a level 4 guy on Ground Zero that had some of the best gear I've even seen, including an AK 545 with the ELCAN 1x/4x scope. I took that into Woods and it helped me spot at least one PMC and avoid him.

Just before Jaeger's camp a scav attacked me and I killed him. But the noise attracted a player and he took some shots at me before I could get the letter. I retreated and waited a bit and had some players run really close to me, but they didn't see me. Then I got the letter and ZB-16 was open and I got out.

I'm beginning to get my bearings on the map and that helps make it more enjoyable. I still haven't figured out the mine field at the USEC camp. When I spawn there, I run into it every time :)

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Jakosa posted:

I finally managed to do it. One thing that helped was that I managed to kill a level 4 guy on Ground Zero that had some of the best gear I've even seen, including an AK 545 with the ELCAN 1x/4x scope. I took that into Woods and it helped me spot at least one PMC and avoid him.

Just before Jaeger's camp a scav attacked me and I killed him. But the noise attracted a player and he took some shots at me before I could get the letter. I retreated and waited a bit and had some players run really close to me, but they didn't see me. Then I got the letter and ZB-16 was open and I got out.

I'm beginning to get my bearings on the map and that helps make it more enjoyable. I still haven't figured out the mine field at the USEC camp. When I spawn there, I run into it every time :)

It's the backside of the hill. Stay away from that and you're golden

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

The easiest way is to find the trash cans on the road, that part is not mined and I think the part facing the pond too

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Getting to these crashed drones on shoreline is such a loving pain. Started running shoreline a couple days ago since I have so many quests on it. It’s not too bad, though I’ve avoided the medical resort completely so far lol. But yeah this drone quest is proving really hard to get done. Do I have to grab both of the drone pieces in one raid? Or could I get one, extract and turn it in, then do the other one later? Just curious.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
i just cheese quests with sj6s

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Tetramin posted:

Getting to these crashed drones on shoreline is such a loving pain. Started running shoreline a couple days ago since I have so many quests on it. It’s not too bad, though I’ve avoided the medical resort completely so far lol. But yeah this drone quest is proving really hard to get done. Do I have to grab both of the drone pieces in one raid? Or could I get one, extract and turn it in, then do the other one later? Just curious.

You don't have to get them all in one raid.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Player Scav gun fights never get old.

I was scavving interchange, and noticed Emercom had been opened so ran in to see if anything had been missed with the assumption a pmc probably only went in to grab their quest item and that's it. As I'm looting a player scav starts shooting me through the glass with is 9mm pro rounds, he actually headshot me but my tanker helmet saved me lol. He then pushed in and ate 5 rounds of buckshot from my saiga to his face.

I'm guessing the blur of the glass made him think I was a pmc.

I also had a factory scav where I ran into a geared 3 man camping gate 3 killing any scav that approached. I threw a flash bang in and wiped all 3, then another player scav walks in and just starts looting my kills while wearing a pilgrim. I VoIP at him to try barter for his pilgrim because I needed one fir, but he just ignored me and kept looting the pmcs (he might of just had VoIP disabled).

So I just killed him too, took his pilgrim and took all the loot. The karma from the pmc kills meant I came out with no karma change anyway.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

just had some dude on streets appear all around me with mirror images of himself then melt me with his mind i guess?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

rap music posted:

just had some dude on streets appear all around me with mirror images of himself then melt me with his mind i guess?

Stalker crossover event

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Give controllers or bloodsuckers a 0.5% chance to spawn into raids, but absolutely do not add it to the patch notes

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
It doesn’t fit their deep and stupid lore for Tarkov but stalker mutants would honestly own in Tarkov

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Tarkov but it's STALKER would own honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Tibbeh posted:

Tarkov but it's STALKER would own honestly

Agreed, but luckily S.t.a.l.k.e.r:: Anomaly: Gamma isn't too far removed from exactly that! And it's free!

e: I imagine there's already quite a bit of crossover between stalker and tarkov goons, but if there's even one of you that haven't given gamma a go, do yourself a favor and check out the how-to-install guide on the discord link, and the stalker thread is mostly people playing anomaly anyway, so if you run into any problems :justpost:

Did I mention it's free?

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 31, 2024