Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Woke Mind Virus posted:

the president is back to being one of our very own posters

https://twitter.com/GlennKesslerWP/status/1750144517171220784

He's back baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

super sweet best pal posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if Boeing went bankrupt after this. The airlines are going to claw back all the revenue they're going to lose from these planes and will likely follow UA in refusing to deal with Boeing.

nothing will change and nobody will be held responsible

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Wouldn't be surprised if Boeing went bankrupt after this. The airlines are going to claw back all the revenue they're going to lose from these planes and will likely follow UA in refusing to deal with Boeing.

They make fighter jets or baby killer missiles or whatever, they're not going vankrupt

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

lmao kaiser already has had electronic medical records for years. reinventing the wheel in the greater municipal area of pittsburgh.

The issue is that nobody's electronic records work with anyone else's

Apr 7, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of poor people's money.

not if the treasury wll just print money for you forever *taps head*

A perfect system of computers trading commodities back and forth as values skyrocket forever, no need for customers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you can fax records.

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The issue is that nobody's electronic records work with anyone else's

this is called job creation

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

euphronius posted:

you can fax records.

yeah but then you gotta pay some HUMAN to use their EYEBALLS to READ and then they gotta WRITE that poo poo into their own records

versus service integration. see how much shorter the words are there? that means money.

piss guzzler 420 posted:

this is called job creation

iggzackly.

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

you can fax records.

the legal profession has poisoned your brain forever

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
euphronius is right

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

euphronius posted:

you can fax records.

So this is how you learn about your German ancestry

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

move over learn to code, it's time to
Learn to Roll (a burrito)

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Emerging from my snow shelter as spring has sprung, fully recovered from SADS, I MUST get a chipotle burrito...!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Netflix up nearly 10% since they announced they were axing their cheapest ad-free tier

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how long until Netflix starts charging for individual channels on their service

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Netflix is now an even more important member of MAANA

Apr 7, 2003

Cable is dead, all hail new cable

Just like Uber, the plan was to always kill the incumbent and replace it

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Going to have to figure out how to setup an adblocker on a Roku every 6 months when I resubscribe to Netflix for 2 weeks

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Uber destroyed the cushiest job in hospitality and turned it into another hustle. Remember taxi drivers protests? Neither does anybody else.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

the legal profession has poisoned your brain forever

The IRS and state taxing authorities also make you fax in everything to deal with issues with them, so it's not just attorneys and judges.

Apr 7, 2003

accountants are just money lawyers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sort of

but like all the new professions they lack any serious ethical standards

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Uber destroyed the cushiest job in hospitality and turned it into another hustle. Remember taxi drivers protests? Neither does anybody else.

You don't say "I'm taking a taxi" you say "I'm taking a uber" now. Tech wins again.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of poor people's money.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

KirbyKhan posted:

These are 3 months old planes

Front end of the bathtub curve baby!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nonsense posted:

Ten years ago I could walk outside my house, go a few hundred feet to a busier street, and generally at least one open cab would drive by within 2-3 minutes. There are now virtually zero cabs unless you're leaving the train station or airport and most rideshares take 5-10 minutes to show up and cost at least twice as much.

It loving sucks.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

I work in manufacturing on physical goods.

You forgot to tighten the bolts on Wheel #17-0981A

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

You don't say "I'm taking a taxi" you say "I'm taking a uber" now. Tech wins again.

I don';t say either of those things I say 'I'm calling a cab'

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DaysBefore posted:

I don';t say either of those things I say 'I'm calling a cab'

I tell people "I am summoning a car with my cell phone"

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

very cool labor developments in the west happening:

https://x.com/benjaminnorton/status/1750077935376310329

https://x.com/moreperfectus/status/1749885068133450171

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

webcams for christ posted:

https://x.com/moreperfectus/status/1749885068133450171

I was working full time for Kroger when I was 16 and in high school roughly 25 years ago, so it just sounds like Florida is a lazy rear end state!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

They can't be allowed to because of the amount of military aircraft they're responsible for, including parts and maintenance.

The capability can't be lost, but on the other hand, it's ideologically impossible for the state to directly take control of it.

So the only solution is to just keep giving them money.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Turns out the restaurant industry is only viable via wage theft or slave labor, shame we've built our entire culture around going out to eat.

Apr 7, 2003

Nothus posted:

Turns out the restaurant industry is only viable via wage theft or slave labor, shame we've built our entire culture around going out to eat.

The modern restaurant industry has only been a thing since the late 1970s, USDA says 1977 was the tipping point where spending on food away from home outstripped food at home. Probably a deliberate policy choice to paper over manufacturing employment making GBS threads the bed, shame it’s a load-bearing pillar of the economy now.

Apr 7, 2003

I’m shocked states haven’t started leasing out incarcerated slave labor to the hospitality industry tbh

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The gently caress is burrito season.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

What is going on with all these airplane disasters? Could it be something in the air? :dadjoke:

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1749949238593937864?t=JBReOa_wYnvurlY_GxRo2w&s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://x.com/benjaminnorton/status/1750077935376310329
https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1614077084250550273

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nothus posted:

Shame we've built our entire culture around going out to eat.

This isn't actually true, and only really took off when home cooking was obliterated, on top of a lot of social engineering work to create this pattern of consumption.

Hotels had restaurants, and there were restaurants for social events and work meetings, but eating at a restaurant often is only decades old.