Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Party of small government

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1749951076785135964?s=20

She runs social media for Texas Republican group, Defend Texas Liberty.

Also Dusty Deevers

https://twitter.com/tylertalley22/status/1748079496161284230?s=20

The Great State of Oklahoma: where Chaya Raichik will drag your kid out of class and lock them up at the SPCA if they doodle a catboy in their geology notebook and then the cops will come and arrest you if you watch a movie with a sex scene in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Vire posted:

Every time someone links a Fox News clip I know what I am going to see but it still shocks me how nakedly partisan they are and how much of it is just propaganda. Like I know it's coming and I still can't believe how bad these people debase themselves.

Sean Hannity has become conspicuously orange over the last few years lmao

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

RVWinkle posted:

It might be Scorsese's best film and that's really saying something.

It was ok, not in the same stratosphere as Goodfellas or the Departed. At the end he realizes the pacing was too slow and speed runs the epilogue.

Props to Leo for playing maybe the most contemptible character in cinema history tho

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Raku posted:

It was ok, not in the same stratosphere as Goodfellas or the Departed. At the end he realizes the pacing was too slow and speed runs the epilogue.

Props to Leo for playing maybe the most contemptible character in cinema history tho

The older Leo gets, the less and less all his despicable scumbag roles feel like acting, not gonna lie.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Who are these mega MAGA men?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

The Great State of Oklahoma: where Chaya Raichik will drag your kid out of class and lock them up at the SPCA if they doodle a catboy in their geology notebook and then the cops will come and arrest you if you watch a movie with a sex scene in it.

Live Free or Die*

*exceptions apply

_____!
May 2, 2004

redshirt posted:

Live Free or Die*

*exceptions apply

Conservatives want you to choose the latter part of that motto, happy to help!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
in computer toucher worlds, amongst the most technical people - the programmers, the devops workers, the sysadmins - it's not uncommon to find a trump guy in there who will go on rants only slightly more coherent than the orange man's about how trump "gets people talking about the money" or something like that. it fools nobody. there's also a smattering of fygm republican types who basically single issue vote on the topic of taxes, because computer touchers tend to be high earners and can in fact see a few thousand more per year from corporatist tax cuts. they have traditionally liked trump, but many of those idiots have their limits on what else they will stomach.

on a team of 6-7, this will generally average out to 1 trumpist. that 1 trumpist is frequently intimidated into silence by donny's most recent bullshit. many teams do not have any trumpists at all.

the computer toucher interfaces - the scrum masters, the agile coaches, the project managers - universally hate trump. i've literally never met a single one of these professional communicators who thinks that President Goodbrains is fit to do anything but poo poo his own pants.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

armchairyoda posted:

I'm doing my best to not summon Jastiger by posting this local :wtf::lol::wtf:, but here's the purveyor of the local restaurants "Splash" (high-end seafood in, LOL, Iowa) and the "Jethro's" chain just spewing long, hard "facts" to a Young Turks reporter during the caucuses/shitstorm that was last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0vJp6y5Wpo

lol. This guy is something else.

"Biden should be in prison for his climate agenda."
"What climate agenda?"
"Well it goes back to the dinosaurs. It happens. Its the way of life. Think of the lion king and the way that goes. Its the natural way of life.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

vaginite posted:

Yeah same in business stuff, every office has the MAGA guy everyone hates/ignores. Any tech guys? I've been under the assumption tech places are more MAGA but I realized typing it out that it was maybe a faulty assumption based on twitter-brain, those guys are always the loudest so are probably overrepresented in my head.

LMAO most Tech guys are not MAGA, at least not the good ones from what I've seen.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

lol. This guy is something else.

"Biden should be in prison for his climate agenda."
"What climate agenda?"
"Well it goes back to the dinosaurs. It happens. Its the way of life. Think of the lion king and the way that goes. Its the way of life.

It was frankly impressive how in his entire diatribe, there was not one single thing that could be attributed or checked up on

Maybe all of you in factsville are hung up on that, but in Iowa, it’s all about vibes

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

lol Trump is going to just barely win every Republican primary with 51-56% and become the least supported nominee ever

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Uh-oh someone's going to be very mad!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

mobby_6kl posted:

Is that someone "every chud"?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Oh man, the biggest and most obvious “bad optics” trap has been set, I wonder if Trump will fall for it :allears:

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

CommieGIR posted:

LMAO most Tech guys are not MAGA, at least not the good ones from what I've seen.

Yeah I suspected I was wrong, the constant blast of tech-bro maga poo poo that been on X since Musk took it over distorted my perception of the field that I don't personally ever interact with.

Also I've had a bad run of IT guys that were chuds, but I don't know if I'd call them "tech" as they've been shittier at computers than I am, and their skills often involve "installing our software package, distributing VPN logins". Maybe they're just the dumb ones and I got a couple in a row.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The stereotype for tech people is furries and/or trans, not MAGA.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mobby_6kl posted:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

vaginite posted:

Yeah I suspected I was wrong, the constant blast of tech-bro maga poo poo that been on X since Musk took it over distorted my perception of the field that I don't personally ever interact with.

Also I've had a bad run of IT guys that were chuds, but I don't know if I'd call them "tech" as they've been shittier at computers than I am, and their skills often involve "installing our software package, distributing VPN logins". Maybe they're just the dumb ones and I got a couple in a row.

Techbros are poo poo for other reasons, but they are often Conservative, but rarely outright MAGA. That's usually more Investment Bro assholes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CommieGIR posted:

Techbros are poo poo for other reasons, but they are often Conservative, but rarely outright MAGA. That's usually more Investment Bro assholes.

techbros are usually weird andrew ryan types or weird uber liberterian technocrats. so go like elon but not as many as said types pretend.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I work in tech, like big American publicly traded tech, and let me tell you that for every trans furry there about ten NIMBY conservative types who complain about taxes. It sucks, but it’s also an extremely morally bankrupt industry filled with money hoses and nobody has any idea what’s real, what matters, etc. so it’s not surprising that people’s brains go funny

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

FuturePastNow posted:

lol Trump is going to just barely win every Republican primary with 51-56% and become the least supported nominee ever

This would be nice but I think NH was probably the high water mark for Haley.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The true Maga demographic other than angry retired people is Contractors.

The taxes and regulations were one thing, but now they've found their ideal client - the rich guy who doesn't pay his debts. Contractors love guys like that!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

madmatt112 posted:

I work in tech, like big American publicly traded tech, and let me tell you that for every trans furry there about ten NIMBY conservative types who complain about taxes. It sucks, but it’s also an extremely morally bankrupt industry filled with money hoses and nobody has any idea what’s real, what matters, etc. so it’s not surprising that people’s brains go funny

Yeah, I think its real easy for someone that makes a lot of money but doesn't pay a lot of attention to politics to vote conservative. They look at the chunk of their pay that gets taken out for taxes and then vote R

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1750219685004562640

Until she feels he's learned his lesson.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So brave. Hope someone remembers this when she's out campaigning for Trump later this year.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
Yeah I've been in tech now for the last three years and if there are any MAGA morons, they are smart enough to not talk about it. I'm also the only white person on my current team of five and my previous team was also from all over the world so I'm probably not the best anecdotal evidence.

I went back to finish college around 2015-18 at a public university in a red state, there was a pretty high percentage of self identified libertarians in my classes but again, I only ever had one express outright chud views. Most of them were just kids with unexamined world views from their parents who didn't want to pay taxes on their future computer toucher incomes. I only had one incidence of chud behavior happen, at the time everyone sort of froze up like a deer in the headlights when some new guy on a project started telling his ~hilarious~ transphobe stories because they are all conflict averse nerds, but once they regrouped he was very firmly and politely told to not bother coming back

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Raku posted:

It also suffers from Scorsese doingnit as a crime film. I get it, that's his wheelhouse, but the criminals are all the white men so the Native Americans who are central to the film all get sidelined. It's noticeable that in the epilogue it's a white guy (Scorsese himself) who is the voice of those people.

There's a pretty good two hour movie trapped in the meandering structure of Killers of the Flower Moon. The movie that's there wound up being decent, but not really something that I'd say someone waa missing out on by not watching it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

armchairyoda posted:

I'm doing my best to not summon Jastiger by posting this local :wtf::lol::wtf:, but here's the purveyor of the local restaurants "Splash" (high-end seafood in, LOL, Iowa) and the "Jethro's" chain just spewing long, hard "facts" to a Young Turks reporter during the caucuses/shitstorm that was last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0vJp6y5Wpo

This dudes brain is melted.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

ImpAtom posted:

The stereotype for tech people is furries and/or trans, not MAGA.

Couldn't help but read it as your serious looking luigi av saying it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Coolguye posted:

in computer toucher worlds, amongst the most technical people - the programmers, the devops workers, the sysadmins - it's not uncommon to find a trump guy in there who will go on rants only slightly more coherent than the orange man's about how trump "gets people talking about the money" or something like that. it fools nobody. there's also a smattering of fygm republican types who basically single issue vote on the topic of taxes, because computer touchers tend to be high earners and can in fact see a few thousand more per year from corporatist tax cuts. they have traditionally liked trump, but many of those idiots have their limits on what else they will stomach.

on a team of 6-7, this will generally average out to 1 trumpist. that 1 trumpist is frequently intimidated into silence by donny's most recent bullshit. many teams do not have any trumpists at all.

the computer toucher interfaces - the scrum masters, the agile coaches, the project managers - universally hate trump. i've literally never met a single one of these professional communicators who thinks that President Goodbrains is fit to do anything but poo poo his own pants.
Basically this. On my team there was one guy who actually said he voted for Trump and in his case he definitely wasn't MAGA or even (in my opinion) a consciously-FYGM guy, just kind of a dumbass about politics who saw "lower taxes" and jumped on it. The few times I've talked politics with him he's never really argued against me, he just slips into "wow I hate that these are my choices" mode and doesn't really engage. But I'm in California so it's not like his vote will change anything anyway. Absolutely no one else on my team has ever expressed anything approaching pro-Trump views.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Couldn't help but read it as your serious looking luigi av saying it.

Luigi would know! Dude regularly dresses up as raccoons and cats and has an Elephantsona.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The hero America needs right now

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That ought to show him.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

ImpAtom posted:

Luigi would know! Dude regularly dresses up as raccoons and cats and has an Elephantsona.

I think you're on to something here.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

vaginite posted:

Yeah same in business stuff, every office has the MAGA guy everyone hates/ignores. Any tech guys? I've been under the assumption tech places are more MAGA but I realized typing it out that it was maybe a faulty assumption based on twitter-brain, those guys are always the loudest so are probably overrepresented in my head.

In my daily interactions (I work in software dev) it's more the trade workers (primarily men) who are Trumpists. Within my office it's more middle manager types rather than the tech people, but it's a lot more subdued because they need to be careful about what they say in their positions. Most recent Trumper I ran into was an auto mechanic who is doing his own side-gig, like dudes have done for ages, but now this guy, who by any measure is solidly in the upper-middle class, is a victim because of high inflation and interest rates (never mind why he chose to re-fi his house at over 7% variable in order to get money to pay for something else - it's Bidens fault that he is gonna have a 10+% HELOC soon!).

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

This time, FOR REAL, FOR THIS TIME, THIS VERY ONE, THIS SPECIFIC TIME, I'm not lying, I will not endorse him and that's why I'm proud to endorse Donald Trump, thank you, thank you!

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

redshirt posted:

So brave. Hope someone remembers this when she's out campaigning for Trump later this year.

Troubling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

It’s kind of crazy that trumps campaign has become “[Republican candidate] is not one of US. They are one of THEM and will NEVER be one of US.”

And all the voters he and his hfc freaks are calling fake and rinos and dumb or whatever will still turn around and happily vote for him after they have been specifically told they are a traitor to the cult :lol: