Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Got a weapon with the Ancestral Charge Aspect to drop. So now I have the screen clearing Charge that goes off cooldown almost instantly. Hah! I was failing the Masteries of dungeon events, but now I'm sweeping the waves away easily.

Also fought a Wandering Death with all level 30-40 people and it took like 5 minutes to beat. Whole lotta Barbs out here lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You clearly accused me and anyone else that says the simple basic, seen-in-every-videogame-thread-on-this-forum, statement "The devs dont play their own videogame" of being racist because some assholes on the internet also said the same thing. You can gently caress right off.

Not only did I not accuse you, the firmest thing I said was "be mindful", and I said the underlying argument was valid

If you're feeling attacked, then ... ?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Its like you said nazis like dogs and then told people to be mindful of enjoying dogs also.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Not only did I not accuse you, the firmest thing I said was "be mindful", and I said the underlying argument was valid

If you're feeling attacked, then ... ?
I'm not feeling attacked, I'm pissed off that people have to explain this to you. This post sums it up nicely:

SHISHKABOB posted:

Its like you said nazis like dogs and then told people to be mindful of enjoying dogs also.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You can be pissed, I don't mind

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Gee whiz guys all I said was nazis like dogs and then to be mindful of enjoying dogs also. If you're defensive over that maybe you really are a Nazi.

fuckin moron

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SHISHKABOB posted:

:iiaca:

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

So the big fight at the end of the dumb trap dungeons doesn't even give XP or loot. :dafuq:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't care about the feelings of the incompetent loving Blizzard devs lol. Can we stop talking about this?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
please attack the lazy odd-number-season devs and not each other

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Always blame management.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Always side with labor.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
What is the best way to manage your XP gain in season 3 with the lowest amount of labor?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

SHISHKABOB posted:

Not everybody who hates Star Wars the last Jedi is a shithead but “lady general purple hair tumblerina” means I’m pretty suspicious of everyone with that opinion.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

What is the best way to manage your XP gain in season 3 with the lowest amount of labor?

From 1-50 or from 51-100?

I was pleasantly surprised that the seasonal questline got me to level 30, I will say

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's unbelievable to me that Blizzard would publicly release that video. Like if you're going to show some fake puff piece about the developers playing Diablo to the internet they better be 250 APM crack fiends.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Per the chat on that video, the devs are in fact avid users of crack

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
can you please stop being weird

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I think they should've spared the 5 minutes to tell the players how the game worked but what fun is the internet if you can't take everything to an extreme? :shobon:

... Seriously tho. "Left click until you can empty your fury bar with right clicks, press 1-2-3-4 to flavor." Not a big ask of the marketing goon that set it up.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

can you please stop being weird

Turn on your monitor

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They should let you pet the spider bot.

i swear the dev thing last week said you could...

e: nvm i just need to catch up

Paying2Lurk posted:

Use the Hello emote when the bot is near and you can pet it!

Hit level 30 yesterday, splitting time between the season quest, whispers, and grabbing Aspects. Charging elites or big groups of enemies into walls is pretty fun.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Is the bad odds versus good evens devs thing some kind of joke? There’s only been one even number season!

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I can promise you with absolute certainty the devs of Diablo 4 do in fact play the game Diablo 4.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's just a joke, although season 2 was definitely the best. Season 0 was the weakest but I don't remember my maths and I think zero is one of those numbers that's not even or odd

doomfunk posted:

I can promise you with absolute certainty the devs of Diablo 4 do in fact play the game Diablo 4.

Even the crisis actors?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ultrachrist posted:

Is the bad odds versus good evens devs thing some kind of joke? There’s only been one even number season!

The theory is based on the knowledge that they have two teams working on seasons and they alternate team 1, team 2, team 1, team 2, etc.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Here to clarify that saying 'the devs don't play their own game, lmao' does not in fact make you racist or adjacent to racists. WTF.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

The theory is based on the knowledge that they have two teams working on seasons and they alternate team 1, team 2, team 1, team 2, etc.
It's an actual quote by Rod Fergusson in a Game Informer interview:

Rod Fergusson posted:

Right now, if you look at where we are today, we have a live team swim lane, which is the people who are focused on balance and the things that are happening today in the game. We have another swim lane, which are the odd seasons – so, season one, season three – and we have another swim lane which is even – season two and season four – we have an expansion one swim lane, and we have an expansion two swim lane.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Swim lanes. Lmao, his brain is a flowchart.

A REAL arpg brain should be a skill tree!

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Here to clarify that saying 'the devs don't play their own game, lmao' does not in fact make you racist or adjacent to racists. WTF.

But it is hilarious how those 3 or so dipshits LEAPED up to yell about how they weren't racist, even when nobody said such.

It's almost as if they (still) don't realize that GGGC usually posts joke posts not to be taken seriously

Almost as if they make a stink on purpose, for whatever reasons that may be.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Paying2Lurk posted:

Always blame management.

Yeah when I say it feels like they don’t play their own games I mean the directors and not the poor QA contractor who probably had to spend hundreds of hours grinding trap dungeons or whatever

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

queeb posted:

im not sure what it is but i hate double swing, i feel like it locks me in longer than HoTA does, and my walking arsenal charge/hota barb is hitting for like 25-30k at level 30 and it feels fast as gently caress compared to double swing

there's something about double swing where it gets stuck or hitched for some reason. it's especially noticeable after using chains to pull everything in. i'll frequently have bees and succubus mobs pull in and then fly back out of range before double swing goes off. with HotA, the smash can come out so early that it does it before the mobs are finished pulling in.

same thing happens after a charge, leap, or ground stomp. i initially thought it was an animation lock to the leap/charge/chain/stomp but it works just fine with a variety of other builders and spenders

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That makes conceptual sense but honestly I would like them to move FURTHER from "Dodge traps to get more loot"

Just take a Pearl and let me unlock the chest. gently caress that mess

also i'm beyond over having to get a thing to take to a pedestal to open the door. besides removing it entirely, just like, if i have the mcguffin picked up, just let me through the door. don't make me channel putting it on the pedestal, do an animation, allow me to click on the door, do an animation, and then teleport me 2 feet forward. let me in. LET ME IN

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

does not seem to have changed much

do the seasonal quest line if you want to see it. it can take you to from 1 to somewhere like 20-40 depending on how much side stuff you do.

if you want to just get XP as fast as possible, grind dohamine tunnels entryway over and over. if you have a group of 3-4, apparently the pillars that spawn mobs in the overworld poo poo out way too many mobs. they are not worth engaging with solo (only taking into account the XP they give)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I need a gang tag that identifies me as a supporter of the swim lane working on even numbered seasons

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Rod Fergusson posted:

Right now, if you look at where we are today, we have a live team swim lane, which is the people who are focused on balance and the things that are happening today in the game. We have another swim lane, which are the odd seasons – so, season one, season three – and we have another swim lane which is even – season two and season four – we have an expansion one swim lane, and we have an expansion two swim lane.

:discourse: vs :dafuq: vs :coolfish:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Rod has incredible nepotism hire/promotion energies as everybody else in the office smiles and nods at his buzzwords and try to get their work done while hoping his next suggestion doesn't add a lot to the workload, lol.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
activision has that mentality with call of duty right? treyarch and uh, hammer? or something? would alternate which year they would release a CoD. i'm not surprised it got brought over to other companies under the same umbrella

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
The like 5 simultaneous lanes is wild. like yeah companies split resources between things, sure, but lol that they're already working on the second expansion.

It does explain why it takes 9 months to get a new stash tab I guess

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Notably he didn’t mention a dedicated team responsible for coordinating and integrating across lanes

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
I hope in the next campfire talk they discuss the game from a risk analysis standpoint. Maybe they can share their control documents and bowtie graphs.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

Notably he didn’t mention a dedicated team responsible for coordinating and integrating across lanes

I think that's built into the corporate-brained swim lane analogy because it's all one big pool and all their piss still mixes together in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Grow some balls and show me an MS Project export