Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

sinky posted:

Ian McCollum thought it would be a great idea to publish a memoir by a neo-nazi, so maybe don't give him any money.

And he did that eyes open from the start, had to unsubscribe from the plonker. :argh:

edit: 178 bus route towards Lewisham, in memory of god damnedtwisto... don't know if he hated Lewisham or not.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
My older brother got me a sweet-looking mall katana when I was like 7. It had no edge to it whatsoever, but ninja poo poo was huge back then and I was the only kid in the neighborhood with a sword.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
For the record, there was actually a term for lovely mass-produced katanas in the Sengoku era - kazuuchimono, which were expected to last one or two battles (which may have been an improvement on the life expectancy of the conscripted farmers they were handed to).

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Something awful should offer 2 dollar kazuuchimono accounts.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

forkboy84 posted:

Wasn't this a Labour line in either the late Brown or early Miliband days? One that it turned out they'd half-inched from the BNP?

The human centipede of policy.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

I'm having in Koos pile-on in the I/P thread that some of you might find cathartic. Join in if you don't mind being sent to posting prison.

In related news, I might be sent on a posting holiday soon. I'll be lurking if so, and contactable via PM here and via discord if need be. :toot:

RIP

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Oh dear fuctifino

I mean, obviously the d&d thread about Israel/ Palestine is going to be terrible, why not just avoid looking at it, instead of heroically throwing yourself onto the moderator's bayonets?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

I mean, obviously the d&d thread about Israel/ Palestine is going to be terrible, why not just avoid looking at it, instead of heroically throwing yourself onto the moderator's bayonets?

Viewed it at the start and gave it my :yikes: "abandon all hope, ye who enter here" status. :nono:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah it's a bunch of Netanyahu apologist freaks o'er there, best not

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

big scary monsters posted:

I thought I owned the normal number of swords, none, but based on responses here I'm starting to think maybe I'm the weird one.

I don't have a sword, but I do have a pretty vicious looking spear thing.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

when a man has a complex it must be fed. simply Not Posting does not offer food

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Pistol_Pete posted:

Fuctino sucked deep on his techno bong and threw himself over the top for great justice

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Angrymog posted:

I don't have a sword, but I do have a pretty vicious looking spear thing.

Got a long 12in chefs knife and a long handle billhook.

For gardening; long handled loppers(large two handed secateurs) are much better than flailing around with a billhook. :kiddo:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I respect very much the relentless hatred of authority, but for the same reason I would miss you if you got permabanned, and unfortunately you can't get rid of moderators just by telling them they're idiots.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The worst terrorist attack of the 21st century was carried out by guys armed with these:

If you own anything sharp enough to cause a mild paper cut you should be extra-judicially sent to your nearest CIA black site.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

thats not even a box cutter. box cutters to me are way less deadly

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Just Another Lurker posted:

Got a long 12in chefs knife and a long handle billhook.

For gardening; long handled loppers(large two handed secateurs) are much better than flailing around with a billhook. :kiddo:

I can recommend the cleaver from Sainsburys. It has a good heft to it that's great for going through bones. Freshly stoned with custom grips in case your hands get... wet.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

thats not even a box cutter. box cutters to me are way less deadly

I was having a conversation with our warehouse health and safety person about how they get more people injuring themselves on 'safety' knives than they did with actual stanley knives because they just assume the blade wont cut them or something.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I reckon I could do with a good cleaver. Don't really have much call for chopping through bones but seems like it'd be useful for sweet potatoes. A normal knife always gets stuck in the middle when you're trying to halve a big one.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I probably don't need this many fingers anyway.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

fuctifino posted:

I'm having in Koos pile-on in the I/P thread that some of you might find cathartic. Join in if you don't mind being sent to posting prison.

In related news, I might be sent on a posting holiday soon. I'll be lurking if so, and contactable via PM here and via discord if need be. :toot:

Hell yeah I’m always down for piling on that little fascist oval office

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

I was having a conversation with our warehouse health and safety person about how they get more people injuring themselves on 'safety' knives than they did with actual stanley knives because they just assume the blade wont cut them or something.

What is a safety knife for you because the safety knives we had in retail I don't know how you could cut yourself with unless you have micro fingers. The blade is inside a hard plastic jaw. Worst you can do is poke yourself with the plastic, which hurts but won't injure you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pacific-Handy-Cutters-Disposable-Splitters/dp/B0195UWEYK/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Box+Cutters&qid=1706135900&sr=8-5

(I don't imagine the stores buy them at £23 a pop though, we got boxes of them, jesus)

They're honestly really good, you hook them over the thing you want to cut and then just yank it, and the little nub on the back is perfect for tape. Also if you want to get a box off the top shelf you can stick the pointy bit in the side and then drag it off the shelf. Which is probably the most dangerous thing you can do with it :v:

Interesting contrast with THE CLAW we got from claires accessories. Literally looks like a plastic crab claw and was shite because you have to push it through the cardboard from behind, which means the cardboard gashes your hands to bits. Garbage tool, from a garbage company.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 24, 2024

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

thats for 10 but yeah thats what i was picturing

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ah I call that a box cutter.

We use knives that auto retract when you're not holding the blade out.

https://www.martor.com/en/products/safety-knives/product/secunorm-smartcut-110000

That type of thing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh gently caress those things I had a keyring one of them and yeah they're lethal. Cut my fingers a poo poo ton cos yeah you have to hold them weird to keep the blade out.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

forkboy84 posted:

Wasn't this a Labour line in either the late Brown or early Miliband days? One that it turned out they'd half-inched from the BNP?

I believe it was Brown that tried to use "British jobs for British workers" as a slogan, until people pointed out it would be illegal discrimination.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

fuctifino posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

big scary monsters posted:

I reckon I could do with a good cleaver. Don't really have much call for chopping through bones but seems like it'd be useful for sweet potatoes. A normal knife always gets stuck in the middle when you're trying to halve a big one.

I bought a chinese chef's knife from aliexpress based on some goon rec somewhere and it's the perfect knife for cutting a big potato in half

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

lmao

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

josh04 posted:

I bought a chinese chef's knife from aliexpress based on some goon rec somewhere and it's the perfect knife for cutting a big potato in half

One of the big rectangular ones? They do look pretty good. I bet they're fun to chop veg with.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Incredible

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

josh04 posted:

I want one but I'd be terrified of lobbing a finger clean off

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

smellmycheese posted:

Enough big swords. Here’s a massive tool instead…

https://twitter.com/epkaufm/status/1750126306765701518?s=46
That motherfucker organises his books by colour.

By colour.

sebzilla posted:

Peak Roman army was like 150,000 dudes with swords, plus whatever was going on in the rest of the world.
I think I'd like to get a gladius, swords designed to be balanced so any conscript can pick one up and start swinging with as little training as possible. Plus they're a nice size.

I bought a wizard sword years ago that is a knockoff of Gandalf's sword. Supposedly it can withstand re-enactment use but I've never tried. It's surprisingly heavy and I have roughly zero upper body strength.

I have a newfound respect for that lad Cavill swinging them about in the Witchman on the telly.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
rip fuctifenu, he lived by the post and died by the post

poo poo to israel

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

ThomasPaine posted:

I want one but I'd be terrified of lobbing a finger clean off

Get one of those chainmail glove things too.

Ave fuctifino, we who are too cowardly to shitpost in D&D salute you.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

A message from our fallen comrade…

“I regret nothing (except maybe that UKMT post calling for a pile on. That was dumb)”

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
that was very dumb yes. fare thee well brother

Melissa McCarthyism
Jan 18, 2007

https://www.chopchopchop.co.uk/kiwi-knives.html re-- knife chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Ooh that wave knife looks fun. Make fancy chopped veg