Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
N: 90% chance of heavy rain in Baltimore Sunday.

V: I loving hate rain games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Ghost Dog posted:

i also think the 49ers suck and who do i blame? the fans for not rooting good enough

I hope Lamar refuses to sign a long term contract with the Ravens after the way they treated him, and signs with the Steelers instead.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Whats his draftkings account name?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

N: 90% chance of heavy rain in Baltimore Sunday.

V: I loving hate rain games.

Man that's annoying. It wasn't showing anything like that the other day

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Relevant:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Man that's annoying. It wasn't showing anything like that the other day

The forecast models are all over the place, some of them have a wintery mix and some have actual snow, and it's going to be like 65 degrees on Friday.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

lol 65 degrees, bruh we grilling

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

What’s wrong with Pacheco, why didn’t he practice?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Correct rooting order:

Lions
49ers
Ravens
Chiefs

This is just based on recent success.

Based on QBs:
49ers
Ravens
Lions
Chiefs

Based on city or area success:
Lions
Ravens
49ers
Chiefs

So, what I am saying is root against the Chiefs.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Coldforge posted:

I hope Lamar refuses to sign a long term contract with the Ravens after the way they treated him, and signs with the Steelers instead.

i guess i gotta worry about this coming true in 30 years

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Ghost Dog posted:

i guess i gotta worry about this coming true in 30 years

Hopefully sooner! :argh:

Edit: Seriously, I don't know what to say about the Ravens other than they're stupidly well run and have a few weird fans. Hard to talk poo poo about y'all :smith:

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 25, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We went twenty years without a playoff win and that was just a couple days ago according to my memory

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
49ers fans in their seventh NFCCG since 2011:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF9LP-9uG_k

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AndrewP posted:

What’s wrong with Pacheco, why didn’t he practice?

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1750218928947696034

not turf toe

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MJeff posted:

49ers fans in their seventh NFCCG since 2011:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF9LP-9uG_k

Another nfccg appearance for the niners involved defeating a scandalous Saints team.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Mustached Demon posted:

Another nfccg appearance for the niners involved defeating a scandalous Saints team.

Nick Bosa has seemingly chilled out, but he was right on the edge of Aaron Rodgers territory for a while. I don't know.

Saints are obviously poo poo and always will be after Bountygate, but they're still not Nazis.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My biggest problem with the 49ers is if they win we get a Superbowl re-run. Ravens/49ers had all different players and the Harbowl thing, but it's still pretty recent history. Chiefs/49ers, hell. We did that just a few years back with basically all the same dudes. The biggest difference is no Tyreek, and we upgraded to Jimmy G Premium Edition.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

Nick Bosa has seemingly chilled out, but he was right on the edge of Aaron Rodgers territory for a while. I don't know.

Saints are obviously poo poo and always will be after Bountygate, but they're still not Nazis.

We'll see how Bosa ages. Rodgers didn't seem like a poo poo head but slowly veered that way then went crazy town in 2020 it feels like. Bosa yeah didn't get off to a good start. Since, though, he just seems like a big football doofus: all he cares about.

Ravens/Niners rematch would be funny if only power suddenly gets cut from the stadium.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/schultz_report/status/1750303511286255637?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

My biggest problem with the 49ers is if they win we get a Superbowl re-run. Ravens/49ers had all different players and the Harbowl thing, but it's still pretty recent history. Chiefs/49ers, hell. We did that just a few years back with basically all the same dudes. The biggest difference is no Tyreek, and we upgraded to Jimmy G Premium Edition.

Hey that's my line.

I guess Tucker would be the only player from that game wouldn't he? But yes I agree I want a fresh matchup for franchises.

Chiefs/Ravens is pretty new for the playoffs and has never been played here plus it's conference title game at home.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Congrats Ross

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Chargers (and Herbert) with a real head coach is going to be fuckin’ terrifying.

Again, congrats Ross!

I love Jim and I am perpetually thankful for that Natty. I hope he goes and wins a ring in LA.

SHERRONE MOORE COME ON DOWN

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mustached Demon posted:

gently caress Vernon Davis with a ten foot cactus.

And that wasn’t a NFCCG.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Silly Burrito posted:

And that wasn’t a NFCCG.

No, but it was a great ending.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sorry raiders and broncos. You guys are hosed for even longer now.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Silly Burrito posted:

And that wasn’t a NFCCG.

That was a great game. I know it was a divisional or something but it involved the niners going to a NFCCG.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Waltzing Along posted:

Sorry raiders and broncos. You guys are hosed for even longer now.

The Raiders are (probably) spunky but not good enough. The Broncos are in a really weird place and I have no idea what happens there. I suspect nothing good in the short term, but I don't know how that rebuild works.

They do have Payton, so maybe he gets by the cap by residual osmosis and builds something or other rather quickly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man how Raiders would it be if Antonio Pierce turned out to be an awful hire?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://x.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1750270762873704631?s=20

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mandrews was a full participant at practice today so we can blame the vibes and weather and refs and Harbaugh and interview distractions and refusal to get Sisqo if the Ravens lose and by god I am going to, loudly and annoyingly.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

David Simon to perform the national anthem.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

stavros halkias will announce the game

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

MJeff posted:

Man how Raiders would it be if Antonio Pierce turned out to be an awful hire?

It would be perfectly appropriate because Davis is a poo poo owner and always fucks everything up, that's why AP was a sensible choice. The fanbase, players and media were all aboard the AP train so if it goes wrong then he just says "I did what EVERYONE wanted but it just didn't work out" and moves on to the next bad coaching hire.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

Mandrews was a full participant at practice today so we can blame the vibes and weather and refs and Harbaugh and interview distractions and refusal to get Sisqo if the Ravens lose and by god I am going to, loudly and annoyingly.

We need Harbaugh to step down after this year so bad. We have to win it all so there's a chance of that and we can retain MacDonald as HC

Reid vs Harbaugh has always been a mismatch but Harbaugh's got two solid cronies this time who can hold their own.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Blaming the NFL for any flag against the ravens for the sole reason of getting tay tay to the big game

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Kawalimus posted:

We need Harbaugh to step down after this year so bad. We have to win it all so there's a chance of that and we can retain MacDonald as HC

Reid vs Harbaugh has always been a mismatch but Harbaugh's got two solid cronies this time who can hold their own.

John as Jim’s ST coordinator, I like it

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Despera posted:

Blaming the NFL for any flag against the ravens for the sole reason of getting tay tay to the big game

I will always be grateful to Travis Kelce and the Chiefs for saving us from a world where Swifties are Eagles fans.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Where he belongs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Eminem vs. Swift bowl has already been decided, sorry folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Despera posted:

Somehow I forgot about Taylor add her to the list as well