Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

La Costeña. I tasted between cans after blending, ultimately pretty hot but not scorching and it's seasoning 4 pounds of chicken. Worst case scenario I eat it with a lot of sour cream

Ah ok, yeah two cans for 4 lbs of chicken is good. I was thinking you were making just a small pot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hollismason posted:

Yeah I honestly can't imagine adding 2 whole cans of chipotle in adobo sauce to anything.

I make chili once or twice a year and I make this mistake every time. I open the can and give the adobo a taste (not the jalapeno) and it's not that hot so I toss it in. Let it go in the slow cooker a while and decide that it still isn't hot enough so I toss another in.

A few hours later after the heat is distributed throughout the chili among the other hot stuff I threw in, I am panicking and throwing extra cans of beans/etc. to dilute it, brown sugar, corn starch or was it baking soda or other things that I read somewhere a long time ago about how to cool down spicy stuff.

I gotta make another batch soon. But like... pay attention to what I'm doing and not just throw stuff in and to be patient.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I make chili once or twice a year and I make this mistake every time. I open the can and give the adobo a taste (not the jalapeno) and it's not that hot so I toss it in. Let it go in the slow cooker a while and decide that it still isn't hot enough so I toss another in.

A few hours later after the heat is distributed throughout the chili among the other hot stuff I threw in, I am panicking and throwing extra cans of beans/etc. to dilute it, brown sugar, corn starch or was it baking soda or other things that I read somewhere a long time ago about how to cool down spicy stuff.

I gotta make another batch soon. But like... pay attention to what I'm doing and not just throw stuff in and to be patient.

I made that mistake when I was making chili and using real dried chili and making a chili paste. I was like okay I'll just make this chili paste. Okay guess I better add two tablespoons of adobo sauce and two chipotles. Made the chili incredibly spicey.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i made 3.5 kg of jambalaya for dinner

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
making lots of food at once because its more economical ftw

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
*shakes bag of food*

who wants supper? you want supper lil smuggies? ready to eat?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i made 3.5 kg of jambalaya for dinner

Going to need some details on this jambalaya. As someone from Louisiana I will use what you say to judge you in all future interactions.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

making lots of food at once because its more economical ftw

its bulking season brother

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

i'm going to eat everything

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Going to need some details on this jambalaya. As someone from Louisiana I will use what you say to judge you in all future interactions.

celery, onion, green pepper. chorizo sausage cause andouille is hard to find. garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme, and a grip of cayenne peps. 3 cups of broth and hand crushed tomatoes from the pantry (San marzanos due to italian). rice cooked all together. finished with green onion and cilantro at service

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

no shrimp cause everyone in my family is afraid of seafood

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

celery, onion, green pepper. chorizo sausage cause andouille is hard to find. garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme, and a grip of cayenne peps. 3 cups of broth and hand crushed tomatoes from the pantry (San marzanos due to italian). rice cooked all together. finished with green onion and cilantro at service

That sounds good and I have heard of Chorizo being used in Jambalaya before its a common substitution. Sounds good!

A trick and "secret" ingredient I'd suggest in making it is using arborio rice. Kind of makes a jambalaya risotto.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just tried an 18 year old aged sharp cheddar that I got today from the famous Mars Cheese Castle. Very good, very very strong, but kinda of a bad aftertaste. That's the oldest cheese I've ever saw for sale that was affordable so I had to try it. 0.17lbs (basically a thickish slice) was $8.50.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I made Taco Bell style crunchwraps for dinner

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hollismason posted:

It has beans in it.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

I posted a comment on this guy's page about how I had a dream about leading an ambush against hospital workers with machine guns with him and he immediately deleted the comment. I forgot he was a child soldier. I want to shoot myself in the face lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just tried an 18 year old aged sharp cheddar that I got today from the famous Mars Cheese Castle. Very good, very very strong, but kinda of a bad aftertaste. That's the oldest cheese I've ever saw for sale that was affordable so I had to try it. 0.17lbs (basically a thickish slice) was $8.50.

That's too old for cheese

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 25, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

timefly posted:

I posted a comment on this guy's page about how I had a dream about leading an ambush against hospital workers with machine guns with him and he immediately deleted the comment. I forgot he was a child soldier. I want to shoot myself in the face lol

Huh

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Smugworth posted:

That's too old

I didn't know pugs could be libertarian

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

timefly posted:

What

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wendigee posted:

I'm a man

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

That's too old

Ok Elon. :jerkbag:

Wendigee posted:

My favorite goon quote describing libertarians is:

"A republican who likes weed and hates age of consent laws."

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

timefly posted:

repost the story but replace the machine guns with paintball guns so it’s child friendly.

you can also turn on big head mode or make one of the characters oddjob to lighten the tone a bit.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ok Elon. :jerkbag:

My favorite goon quote describing libertarians is:

"A republican who likes weed and hates age of consent laws."

Oh. Oh no. Not like that. :smithfrog:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

poor puggles is really taking a beating lately

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

not interested in 18 year old cheddar, but i’d take a mature swiss with well worn holes in a heartbeat

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

timefly posted:

Maybe you both were and you've just repressed it :ohdear:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bad Purchase posted:

not interested in 18 year old cheddar, but i’d take a mature swiss with well worn holes in a heartbeat

I love a good stanky swiss cheese

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
also PICANTE provolone. now that's some good stuff right there. That's smellin' cheese

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bad Purchase posted:

But it's extra sharp!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
All old dry age cheese tastes the same to me. I've eaten really old cheese like 5 and 10 year old cheddar and it all has that same salty tart taste. I don't dislike it but it kind of just taste the same.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

18 year old aged kraft singles

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

A wine cellar but it's just that weird cheeze spray stuff.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Saalkin posted:

18 year old aged kraft singles

in my area???

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

kntfkr posted:

in my area???

Cum play my lord

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Neither cheese nor hot sauce is a personality type.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

redshirt posted:

Gonna be a banana guy. All day, every way, banana.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

redshirt posted:

Water on the other hand, is

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Water on the other hand, is

Big water drinking guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
if'n you want to gently caress the cheese, you can say you want to gently caress the cheese

its fuckin weird but its also 2024 and people will just be like "well thats fuckin weird" and get on with their day