Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
here is my main issues with mining pals

the reptyro is mining 3, eats a lot, and doesn't mine faster than a tombat

You either manually do it, use a personal pet to do it, or use tom bats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Reptyro also loves to get caught on everything. Especially getting out of hot springs seems to break his brain.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The one I posted a little bit ago has 8 ore, 6 coal, and no raids, but stone is annoyingly distant so you'll have to teleport in with it. Good forward base for exploring the north too. You can probably get to it without a flying mount but it'll be a real trek.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I know the discourse is a lot of hot gossip and bullshit but there's a quote in this article that I could not stop laughing at

https://www.gamesradar.com/game-dev...lly-impossible/

quote:

Game developers aren't buying that several Pokemon and Palworld creatures look alike by mere coincidence.

Since Palworld launched in Early Access last week, the survival game has frequently drawn comparisons to Pokemon for various reasons—some of the initial focus of comparisons focused on the similarities in several creature designs. While several Pals and 'mons look alike, the prevailing sentiment was that some homework was likely copied, but legal trouble was unlikely to follow – you can't copyright a sheep, after all.

VGC has spoken to two other experienced AAA game artists, with one of them saying, "You cannot, in any way, accidentally get the same proportions on multiple models from another game without ripping the models. Or at the very least, tracing them meticulously first," before adding: "I would stand in court to testify as an expert on this."

bro Nintendo is not going to gently caress hire you

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Third World Reagan posted:

there are a lot of good ore spots on the map but this one has 1 coal as well as 2 stone that you can get into your base

wait where's the coal rock?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pentyne posted:

I know the discourse is a lot of hot gossip and bullshit but there's a quote in this article that I could not stop laughing at

https://www.gamesradar.com/game-dev...lly-impossible/

bro Nintendo is not going to gently caress hire you

Yeah I’ve seen that quote flying around and it’s absolutely hilarious every time I read it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

third base is dedicated to making medicine

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Here's a good base location with 8 ore rocks that's immune to raids

deep dish peat moss posted:

Something that might help folks: this base location is 100% immune to raids:

It's up on a high cliff, and the spawn location for raids is at the bottom of the cliff to the north, instead of towards the south where the actual path is. So when raids spawn they can't path to your base and get stuck just standing there, eventually despawning:

It also has 8 Ore spawns :shrug:

Here's where my palbox is in case it needs to be in a precise location to bug out raids:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

third base is something most goons'll never reach

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

cumpantry posted:

third base is something most goons'll never reach

And that's why we have nude mods for Palworld

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I have updated my pokemon mining tier list

SSR - You, you with a boars equipment, you with a turtles equipment, you with an elephants equipment
S - Tom bat
F - everything else

You clearly have not caught a Anubis who absolutely demolishes rocks, but its a level 47 pal and so tombats are def better until then. I did manage to get a rank 4 mining pal but im saving him for murder because he was a extremely rare find.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

pentyne posted:

Game desperately needs more then 3 bases. 5 is probably optimal unless they introduce some kind of shared stash across all bases.

I've got 3 ranches running with 12 alpacas total to stack up as much wool as I can to make all the high quality cloth and get off of wasting ingots on armor.

Then if you want to breed you need cakes, so that's farming milk, eggs and honey, so 4 Chikipi, 4 Beegardes, 4 Mozzarina in a single base.

Based on Cattiva's improvement to level 2(+10 carry weight), using the condenser going from 0 to 1 Star is a 20% improvement, but trying to find 116 Beegardes or Mozzarina's is going to be a loving chore.
Get rid of those alpacas, the moths with the big hats in the snow area produce high quality cloth directly.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Zoig posted:

You clearly have not caught a Anubis who absolutely demolishes rocks, but its a level 47 pal and so tombats are def better until then. I did manage to get a rank 4 mining pal but im saving him for murder because he was a extremely rare find.

I found a huge dragon egg early, managed to breed jump that into a billion mining dog men and it's been fantastic.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Zoig posted:

I prefer gathering to handiwork

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there a setting I can change in an INI file somewhere to drastically reduce durability damage? Because this is ridiculous lol

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Fajita Queen posted:

Is there a setting I can change in an INI file somewhere to drastically reduce durability damage? Because this is ridiculous lol

There are nexus mods out, you just need to randomly hit a button and it refreshes durability.
Basically never needs repair as long as you remember to hit the key.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I have updated my pokemon mining tier list

SSR - You, you with a boars equipment, you with a turtles equipment, you with an elephants equipment

do you mean the mammoth? when i ride it, its attacks simply destroy the ore deposits leaving just a single ore piece behind. what am i doing wrong?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lunatic Sledge posted:

this would also be cool to shoot at your own guys, and ties in good with my big silly want, which is more ways to be active in combat that are not pow-pow bang-bang

but specifically I want a gun that shoots drugs, like a syringe launcher, with which I could shoot buffs and debuffs and otherwise be a drug wizard. I want to help my pals but I am bad at fortniting

kind of curious if poison / the poison bow is worth a poo poo now that I've reached the gun stage, I have no idea how poison is tuned in this game

Yeah I really love support roles but shooting guns is like, low tier videogame activity to me. The only mo fps I enjoy are ones where I can be a healer, or support, or a shield.

Dodging attacks and drawing aggro is cool but I wish ranged weapons were restricted to pals combos. I like the player attacks as a low damage way to poke and prod enemies, to whittle hp slower than pals to get better catch rates.

Plenty of support weapons and tool concepts that would work well in the combat flow. I think healing support directly would be bad since the current system encourages you to rotate your team so they can recover while the active one fights. Helps they are bound to your level so one can't just become a high level steamroller nullifying the need for anyone else.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

OgNar posted:

There are nexus mods out, you just need to randomly hit a button and it refreshes durability.
Basically never needs repair as long as you remember to hit the key.

That should be how durability functions anyway. Give us that big recraft bill if it breaks, but if we poke our heads into camp and repair every now and then just let it be maintained. If nothing else reduce the costs to repair early.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Rinkles posted:

do you mean the mammoth? when i ride it, its attacks simply destroy the ore deposits leaving just a single ore piece behind. what am i doing wrong?

It should drop resources

The earth impact works better against trees but things like grass tornado and seed machine gun are fine against ore

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
At the very least you should be able to craft portable repair kits for weapons and armor.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hopper there aren't even steel type pals in the game. At least keep the thread title on brand. :colbert:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mr Scumbag posted:

At the very least you should be able to craft portable repair kits for weapons and armor.

I was really surprised to learn that the Repair Kits are for your buildings lol.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Rinkles posted:

Are raid types based on your level?

From a while back, but I really don't think so. When my friends were around level 20 and still working with wood we had a base set up and were literally just discussing where to build our now stone base when we got a raid of level 37 bushi that just ran in and burned the whole base down.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I want to believe raid levels are based on your base level progress but I can't be certain.

20 is the max level for bases and I was getting 40-50 raids when I got to around base level 18.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The only QOL I want is for pals coming out of a capture fail not to hit you with an attack instantly with no telegraph.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Elendil004 posted:

The only QOL I want is for pals coming out of a capture fail not to hit you with an attack instantly with no telegraph.

Same but also for when they go in the ball.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

FireWorksWell posted:

If someone could crop depresso swinging its pick there for an avatar I'd greatly appreciate it

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Elendil004 posted:

I'd like for breeding pen pals to stay assigned to the pen and not randomly leave.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

socialsecurity posted:

I'd like for breeding pen pals to stay assigned to the pen and not randomly leave.

The game's assignment system is pretty jank. I throw a deer down in the logging thing and it's fine. Then after like an hour it just forgets the logging thing exists and no amount of throwing it on it works, it just keeps saying no applicable jobs or whatever. So I have to tear it down and rebuild it then it works fine.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Oh man thank you so much, it's great! I'm gonna pass on using it; it's not worth getting into but I've lost interest in the game. If another goon wants it as their AV I'll happily pay for the change, title text too if they want.

Let That Sink In
Jan 24, 2024

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica

deep dish peat moss posted:

I initially refunded this game because I'm not that into survival crafting games but now I have covid so I bought it again to keep myself busy. Not having much experience with survival crafting games or nostalgia for pokemon I'm not really sure what it does that makes it so much more popular than the rest of the genre but I'm having fun and it is nice automating all the gathering/crafting.

Something that might help folks: this base location is 100% immune to raids:

It's up on a high cliff, and the spawn location for raids is at the bottom of the cliff to the north, instead of towards the south where the actual path is. So when raids spawn they can't path to your base and get stuck just standing there, eventually despawning:

It also has 8 Ore spawns :shrug:

Here's where my palbox is in case it needs to be in a precise location to bug out raids:

I guess there's a few of these immune base locations then, I placed mine on a beach right next to a really steep mountain, and the npcs just kind of stayed up top for a few minutes and eventually ran away.

Let That Sink In fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 25, 2024

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
how many copies of the game must I buy for them to add conveyor belts

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

FireWorksWell posted:

Oh man thank you so much, it's great! I'm gonna pass on using it; it's not worth getting into but I've lost interest in the game. If another goon wants it as their AV I'll happily pay for the change, title text too if they want.

Me. i want Him

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Google/Bing is being stupid and I'm not finding information on making jelly sandwiches. How do you do it?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

They really need to work on the dedicated server memory leak. drat thing crippled my home server until I tracked it down to PalWorldDS consuming 100% of the entire boxes memory and CPU.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Korean Boomhauer posted:

how many copies of the game must I buy for them to add conveyor belts

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000

Potato Salad posted:

Google/Bing is being stupid and I'm not finding information on making jelly sandwiches. How do you do it?

Berries plus flour (milled wheat)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

flour and beans

mill wheat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Welp.

https://corporate.pokemon.co.jp/media/news/detail/335.html

quote:

Inquiries Regarding Other Companies’ Games

We have received many inquiries regarding another company’s game released in January 2024. We have not granted any permission for the use of Pokémon intellectual property or assets in that game. We intend to investigate and take appropriate measures to address any acts that infringe on intellectual property rights related to the Pokémon. We will continue to cherish and nurture each and every Pokémon and its world, and work to bring the world together through Pokémon in the future.

The Pokémon Company

Guess we'll get an answer one way or another