Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Oh dude don't be sorry, I'd be pissed AF

It's a sincere go off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

ili posted:

Martin Molloy was pretty sick hey. Think Mick Molloy turned out to be a bit of a wanker but. Maybe Tony Martin too idk.

Molloy is a a wanker, but played the media game well and got rich.

Tony Martin was the comedic genius.

The falling out between the two was Tonys faux documentary about the making of Boy Town for the dvd special was funnier than the movie turned out to be, and everyone who worked on the movie agreed.

At least the split between the duo gave us Get This, the best radio comedy show for two years as Tony went on to do his own stuff. Tony still does comedy gigs and has his sizzletown comedy podcast (with Pete Smith) while Molly does corporate gigs, the footy show he produces and owns multiple pubs.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Man, early 90s comedy sent me on a Youtube binge of Fast Forward, Comedy Company and Full Frontal. gently caress there was some great sketches in there, didn't even see any blackface which is a big plus

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

webmeister posted:

Man, early 90s comedy sent me on a Youtube binge of Fast Forward, Comedy Company and Full Frontal. gently caress there was some great sketches in there, didn't even see any blackface which is a big plus

Tell me if you find Skithouse anywhere.

It's the Australian Fast Bowler!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't pull that!!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://youtube.com/@skithouse3443?si=s-9E6ZLXr3caGrd-

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I was hoping for full episodes, but I'll take it.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

drunkill posted:

They needed each other, yes Tony was the genius but he's also a terrible culture nerd who would go over the heads of the MMM audience. He needed Mick there yelling about "funbags" and "bogcatchers" to get it down to drivetime level.

Tony got rich also, but decided to sink all that commercial radio moolah into making his own not-so-succesful movie. Hopefully he's doing ok money wise these days. I saw a video where him and the wife were attempting to walk every single street in Melbourne. Wonder how that went?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

webmeister posted:

Con the Fruiterer is Greekface

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
That's a good face, give it a coupla days

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
There was a bit of Blackface on the Late Show with Rob Sitch doing impressions of Desmond Tutu among others. Still one of the best sketch shows from the 90s though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EUG4qlTr0o

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Greek like italian is okay to do

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback

Wrageowrapper posted:

There was a bit of Blackface on the Late Show with Rob Sitch doing impressions of Desmond Tutu among others. Still one of the best sketch shows from the 90s though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EUG4qlTr0o

Imran Khan & Yasser Arafat too, they seem to have been completely cleansed from the internet tho - can't find clips anywhere

GrandMaster fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 23, 2024

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Just wanted to share a Pete Smith clip from Poop Chute but go off kings

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

drunkill posted:

The falling out between the two was Tonys faux documentary about the making of Boy Town for the dvd special was funnier than the movie turned out to be, and everyone who worked on the movie agreed.

I think it went something like Molloy asked Martin to make the mockumentary to put into the extras for his movie. Molloy was going to pay him for his work after the DVD for the film went into stores. Martin made his whole mockumentary with his own money expecting to be paid at the end of it.

Then, for no reason*, Molloy decided to bring up the cutoff date for submitting the mockumentary by a month or something, meaning there was no possible way Martin could finalise all the filming and editing in time and wasn't able to get it into shape to put on the DVD.

So Martin ended up spending a tonne of money making a movie and then not getting paid for any of it because Mick Molloy is a piece of poo poo.

Also, if you ever want to remember the sort of comedian Mick Molloy actually is, remember the first episode of his solo TV show where he was just drunk and pissed into a fake fireplace. It was painfully unfunny.

* jealousy

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jan 24, 2024

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Was that the one where Kerry Packer literally rang the station mid-show and said "get this poo poo off my channel"

e; no, that was Doug Mulray apparently

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

webmeister posted:

Was that the one where Kerry Packer literally rang the station mid-show and said "get this poo poo off my channel"

e; no, that was Doug Mulray apparently

Kerry Packer did that about Australia's Naughtiest Home Videos, which was apparently almost entirely just animals loving.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
My aunt just flew in from her farm in Armidale, and told me she woke up to this tippy tap sound a week or so ago

Turns out it was this guy walking around

Northern Funnel Web. Sydney Funnel Webs have a bigger cousin that I never heard of ... no good

What a hosed animal. You can be big and scary aggressive and camouflaged all you like but why also be some of the most venomous poo poo on earth, rude behaviour

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 24, 2024

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Also, if you ever want to remember the sort of comedian Mick Molloy actually is, remember the first episode of his solo TV show where he was just drunk and pissed into a fake fireplace. It was painfully unfunny.

The signs were there even on the late show. He did a bit where he would get angry and rant at some current notable person or event and it was just embarrassingly unfunny.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Peccadillo posted:

My aunt just flew in from her farm in Armidale, and told me she woke up to this tippy tap sound a week or so ago

Turns out it was this guy walking around

Northern Funnel Web. Sydney Funnel Webs have a bigger cousin that I never heard of ... no good

What a hosed animal. You can be big and scary aggressive and camouflaged all you like but why also be some of the most venomous poo poo on earth, rude behaviour

I'd gently caress it.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Cyclone Kirrily has just intensified into a severe Cat#3 as it bares down on Townsville and will pass over late tonight.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Rain from Bowen to Port Douglas. Frickin massive.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Rain from Bowen to Port Douglas. Frickin massive.

Yup, she's big on the sat image!

In WA there is the declassified tropical low from the last week, and off to the northwest I noticed Anggrek has developed an eye since the last time I looked at the sat, it too is going through rapid intensification as it was a Cat#1 yesterday (for some time beforehand, too) and is a Cat#3 now, going to #4 tomorrow. Luckily it's just going to continue loving off further out to sea...

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Luckily it's just going to continue loving off further out to sea...

Ah that's not good for *checks googles maps* um, absolutely no one it seems. Maybe Madagascar if it somehow makes it that far?

Kirrily is actually not great though. I remember yesterday the BOM was saying it was very unlikely to go beyond a cat 2. Guess storms just gonna rapidly intensify these days.

Least it seems a bit further down than where Jasper mainly hit.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

dr_rat posted:

Ah that's not good for *checks googles maps* um, absolutely no one it seems. Maybe Madagascar if it somehow makes it that far?

Maybe it’ll pull a Cyclone Freddy and make it that far

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Wow that one really got lost at the end, looked like it knew exactly where it was going for so long, than just started wandering all of the joint.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

dr_rat posted:

Kirrily is actually not great though. I remember yesterday the BOM was saying it was very unlikely to go beyond a cat 2. Guess storms just gonna rapidly intensify these days.

Least it seems a bit further down than where Jasper mainly hit.

- It's pretty rare for storms to make it that far, only four have done it since observation was possible. The last was Freddy in '23 (That cyclone was a fkn monster and broke several records including accumulated energy, time lasting, and rapid intensification processes.).

- Today's intensification seems to have caught everyone off guard. Which is actually quite alarming.

- There's a lot of rain being generated around the worst affected areas north of Cairns, unfortunately, as most of it is falling on the north end of the system.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Yeah, Ellie did that just over a year ago after making landfall, just spent two weeks loving about in the Kimberly region flooding the absolute hell out of the place.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

- There's a lot of rain being generated around the worst affected areas north of Cairns, unfortunately, as most of it is falling on the north end of the system.
Ah that really sucks. :(

- Today's intensification seems to have caught everyone off guard. Which is actually quite alarming.
Storm system rapidly intensifying catching meteorologist off guard seems to just be a thing these days. I guess they're still getting used to how the warming seas are affecting their models.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

How will this impact my banana prices.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

dr_rat posted:

Storm system rapidly intensifying catching meteorologist off guard seems to just be a thing these days. I guess they're still getting used to how the warming seas are affecting their models.

I think this is the case, since all their outlook programs are based on past data, there wouldn't be enough to go on as things become more unstable. Like, a "This is how it would be if things weren't so unstable, but the variables at play now are making things much harder to predict accurately." situation.

I have noticed an upswing in inaccuracy in forecasting, and long-range predictions are getting harder and harder to get right. Even today, Sydney's forecast was rain and possible storms today, and a 35 max tomorrow, but by the arvo they changed it to clear for the rest of the day and 38 tomorrow...

poo poo's not right.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Yeah the forecast system is really not doing well. Can clearly see that things are not the normal models anymore.

Half the country is meant to be on fire by the old models at this time of year.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
its good we arent on fire currently though

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

The eye of Kirrily is just heading over Townsville now.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

its good we arent on fire currently though

Is 'underwater' strictly better?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Lone Badger posted:

Is 'underwater' strictly better?

It's different and you know a bit of change is always good?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

drunkill posted:

At least the split between the duo gave us Get This, the best radio comedy show for two years as Tony went on to do his own stuff. Tony still does comedy gigs and has his sizzletown comedy podcast (with Pete Smith) while Molly does corporate gigs, the footy show he produces and owns multiple pubs.

Are you one of the Champagne Comedy/Get This fan tragics (like me)

because goddamn I still cannot believe that it is longer from now to when Get This aired than from Get This to Martin Molloy

what a show

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Get This was the greatest radio show in Australian history.

The time they electrocuted themselves flying a remote control helicopter inside the studio almost killed me from laughing so hard.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Get This was the greatest radio show in Australian history.

The time they electrocuted themselves flying a remote control helicopter inside the studio almost killed me from laughing so hard.

"Now, the antenna's currently touching th-BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH :supaburn: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm pretty sure Pokemon is younger than Australia Day. Just make it Pokemon Day.