Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
well she can't run Florida through him anymore so she might as well shed him like a disgusting skin and go for it herself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Failed Imagineer posted:

A guest on a recent Chapo episode mentioned a story where apparently on a flight to Israel, Ron just sat staring straight ahead, no screen no headphones saying nothing the whole time, like Puddy from Seinfeld

That reminds me, remember when he went around the world shaking hands with people who had no idea why he was there?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Pyrtanis posted:

well she can't run Florida through him anymore so she might as well shed him like a disgusting skin and go for it herself

He’ll just become her little Droopy Dog husband who follows her around while saying, “Yes dear.”

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Trump wants a VP he can push around

:laugh:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1749885068133450171?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Silly Burrito posted:

That reminds me, remember when he went around the world shaking hands with people who had no idea why he was there?

It was the exact opposite of Presidential - the last two presidents have gone around the world shaking hands but they themselves had no idea why they were there

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Harald posted:

Everyone is allowed one conspiracy theory, but if you choose "lab leak" that's some basic rear end theorizing.

Thread moves too fast, but I choose to believe that all Stegosaurus had wonderful singing voices. Palaeontologists aren't telling us about it, cause they're waiting for our birthday to tell us the news.

Also, did y'all hear this theory that the failed steak guy actually ran the US for a bit?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

also he reposted all his E Jean Carroll truths again

Hope he takes the stand today and opens himself up to more charges

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

mobby_6kl posted:

Six million is almost certainly bullshit but lol 40k isn't even the same order of magnitude

Wow, that note on the chart. Basically, 2021 is the highest ever because they’re including additional things that didn’t used to be part of the total.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mobby_6kl posted:

Six million is almost certainly bullshit but lol 40k isn't even the same order of magnitude

Again, its important to keep in context - while a large portion may be seeking citizenship, another large portion just makes up seasonal workers who used to come up on migrant visas.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

kazil posted:

Hope he takes the stand today and opens himself up to more charges

Well, he has the right to prove that he's innocent

of the thing he's already been found guilty of, lol.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
His lawyers are so lovely/afraid of him that no one even bothered to inform him that this particular case was already tried, a verdict was reached, and that everything from here on out is just determining what additional damages she’s owed.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I mean yeah that reads like a joke but for Trump that literally would be a feature

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

BigglesSWE posted:

If I had the money to fly private I’d settle for Business/1st Class, to show everyone how down to Earth I am!

I found out that Eric Trump travels American Airlines because the CEO is friends with Don Sr. and the whole Trump family flies business class for free. According to the guy who was telling me about this, Eric will start conversations with that fact if you ask him why he doesn't use his dad's plane.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Almost Smart posted:

His lawyers are so lovely/afraid of him that no one even bothered to inform him that this particular case was already tried, a verdict was reached, and that everything from here on out is just determining what additional damages she’s owed.

The only lawyers he has left are just grifters out for money and attention. They only care about keeping Trump happy, and if they lose the case, they'll just tell him it's because of ELECTION INTERFERENCE, and he'll believe it completely.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Almost Smart posted:

Joey Tacos 100% quit because he knew Trump's a guilty loser and doesn't pay

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Konosuke Takeshita: same height as Trump, but a whole 15 pounds heavier at 230 pounds.

"Switchblade" Jay White. Shorter than Trump at a mere 6 foot, and also heavier at 223 pounds.

Kazuchika Okada (in the middle). Same height as Trump, but a real tub of lard at 236 pounds. Hell, the guy on the left (Hiroshi Tanahashi) weighs in at 215 the same as Trump.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Konosuke Takeshita: same height as Trump, but a whole 15 pounds heavier at 230 pounds.

"Switchblade" Jay White. Shorter than Trump at a mere 6 foot, and also heavier at 223 pounds.

Kazuchika Okada (in the middle). Same height as Trump, but a real tub of lard at 236 pounds. Hell, the guy on the left (Hiroshi Tanahashi) weighs in at 215 the same as Trump.

A lot of people are asking questions about Trump's weight already answered by my gangtag.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol it's amazing really, we live in a world where the Republican candidate can outright lie about anything and everything - including his weight - and he just moves on as if nothing matters.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ralepozozaxe posted:

He’ll just become her little Droopy Dog husband who follows her around while saying, “Yes dear.”

Literally what the GOP spent the 90s saying about the Clintons

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Muscle is denser than fat, have we considered the fact that Trump could be 215 lbs if he were composed of mostly fat?

One pound of fat is roughly the size of a small grapefruit. Is he the size of 200 or so grapefruits???

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

An ugly bag of mostly grapefruit.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

A Fancy Hat posted:

Muscle is denser than fat, have we considered the fact that Trump could be 215 lbs if he were composed of mostly fat?

One pound of fat is roughly the size of a small grapefruit. Is he the size of 200 or so grapefruits???

He's the size of at least 300 grapefruits.

Explodingdice
Jun 28, 2023

A Fancy Hat posted:

If he's actually just grapefruits in a badly fitting suit, is it even legal to charge him with crimes? Sounds like a bold new angle for his lawyers to pursue.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TVs Ian posted:

Wow, that note on the chart. Basically, 2021 is the highest ever because they’re including additional things that didn’t used to be part of the total.
The more detailed chat here shows the increasing trend starting before this change

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/01/13/monthly-encounters-with-migrants-at-u-s-mexico-border-remain-near-record-highs/

The "additional things" are expulsions, which seem to only decline as a % of the total over time:

68% of 206k is 140k in one month or 1.6 million per year. Of course these are the ones that are caught. So it might be possible that only like 2% actually make it through but I kind of doubt it.

CommieGIR posted:

Again, its important to keep in context - while a large portion may be seeking citizenship, another large portion just makes up seasonal workers who used to come up on migrant visas.

Would probably need some sort of net migration number for that here but I doubt everyone is just going to walk back to Honduras or Venezuela after harvest.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Trump set up his own social media platform so that he could just constantly remind people he's a rapist.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Grapefruits are too healthy for Trump. What about candlepin bowling balls?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Right now there's a room of idiots in some Texas government building planning how Texas could totally win Civil War 2.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why has the amount of border crossings increased so much.

I guess I don't have a high awareness if the political situations in central and south America but are there humanitarian crises leading to more refugees? Is it economically really bad right now?

Because just in general this seems like a period in time where people would least want to be in the USA, it sucks here right now especially for immigrants.

Is it just we are employing far more jackbooted thugs, or have blocked the border into choke points so the amount of immigration is not substantially different but the rate of encounters is a lot higher?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Stoatbringer posted:

Yeah, if Biden does nothing "He's weak and pathetic and not a strong leader!" and if he does deal with it "He's an out-of-control dictator!"

Which doesn't matter because the GOP just argued the president is immune from crime.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Trump wants a VP he can push around

I figured he wanted someone he could hang with.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
“Ca-ca-caravans!!!” are big attention-grabbers on Fox News and a lot of these people just want to be on TV.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mobby_6kl posted:

Would probably need some sort of net migration number for that here but I doubt everyone is just going to walk back to Honduras or Venezuela after harvest.

A lot of them end up resettling in Mexico, and Mexico remains a large portion of that flux based on your own chart.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Which doesn't matter because the GOP just argued the president is immune from crime.

total presidential immunity AND it's okay to just defy SCOTUS

hell yea

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Waffle House posted:

He's a massive loving idiot, OP, and I wouldn't let it get to you.

Some guy like Abbott being in a seat doesn't necessarily mean he's smart, or good at things, and statistically/ontologically, it's just better if you make fun of him until he cries and fucks off, because all he has to show is that he didn't deserve his power.

He do always be in a seat though

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
He weighs the same as a duck.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Mods can we make a Divorcepool 2024 thread and can I claim the top spot for Casey DeSantis dumping Go-Go's rear end by the end of the calendar year based upon her thirst for power and his complete and utter gently caress-up that was his failed presidential campaign? Thaaaaaanks.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

I used to kindof have a sense that right wing propaganda would pull from some nugget of truth to harp on, but seein rapist trumps deranged truths about the rape case its clear he or some chud grifter just made up stories about the victim

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That wouldn't get her any closer to power, it isn't like she can marry a different Republican who is going to beat Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Chief McHeath posted:

He do always be in a seat though

heh