Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Let me tell you about the food options we have here in Chicago. You're not going to believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Coldforge posted:

California Pizza Kitchen gave you the options, you chose to go with Peking duck.

Kudos to you for having courage, though.

What can I say, weeks of dining hall food and ramen punctuated by my parents visiting and buying lunch did hosed up things to my palette I guess.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Dak lol.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Edit: beaten

AP sports writers must be 90% Cowboys fans.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

One of the puppies in this year's Puppy Bowl is named Snack Prescott and I can't wait to see how he flames out.

There's also a Bark Purdy and Guy Fureiri

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

I got Peking duck pizza from California Pizza Kitchen once back in college.

I think that was the only time I've ever said "why did I eat that pizza"

One time I ordered a mussel pizza and I was excited about it, until the fucker came out and the mussels were still in their shells. Like how the gently caress are you supposed to eat a pizza with shells on it?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/24/baltimore-ravens-mark-andrews-kansas-city-chiefs-afc-championship-game

Let's loving go!

My t1d son and I are gonna rock our Andrews jerseys all weekend.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

Edit: beaten

AP sports writers must be 90% Cowboys fans.

Dak had a really good season and voting happens before the playoffs start.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah Dak absolutely deserves to be on there above Purdy at the least

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ghost Dog posted:

stavros halkias will announce the game

Stavvy is a better superfan then Swift. Get him on radio row

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1750226358628647294

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

Detroit, Baltimore and Kansas City. World renowned culinary meccas.

KC has a surprisingly good food scene. It's obviously not New York or anything like that, but it's at least as good or better than a lot of larger cities.

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

Borsche69 posted:

If you want to go outside the box for Baltimore, since blue crabs are outta season, I personally really want to try making my own pitbeef at some point. But I almost feel like I gotta get a deli slicer for that.

You're more creative than me, I was thinking shrimp alfredo since that's Lamar's pregame meal. Would probably include Old Bay.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Dak had a really good season and voting happens before the playoffs start.

Did you miss the part where he was on both the MVP and Offensive Player of the Year lists, along with Lamar Jackson and Christian McCaffery?

Or do you think he really had a similar impact this year?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yeah I think any urban center above a certain size is going to have respectable food almost by default, just as a numbers game.

I hope Gibbs and LaPorta at least get a few votes for OROY because Stroud feels like a lock there.

Also I'm gonna be contrarian to my fellow Lions fans and say that if Detroit loses on Sunday, DeMeco Ryans should be COTY for essentially doing in two one (lol) years what Campbell did in three.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 25, 2024

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

No Butt Stuff posted:

As someone who tries to make a food representing the opposing team every week, SF would be at the bottom of my list.

Otherwise it would be a toss up because Detroit pizza, crab cakes, and burnt ends all rule.

Tri-tip
Carne asada burritos
It's It ice cream sandwiches
Sourdough bread, of course

Now, if Miami had beat KC or the Bucs beat the Lions, then you'd have probs trying to figure out which 4Loko flavor pairs with alligator

Professor Moriarty fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 25, 2024

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Yeah I think any urban center above a certain size is going to have respectable food almost by default, just as a numbers game.

I hope Gibbs and LaPorta at least get a few votes for OROY because Stroud feels like a lock there.

Also I'm gonna be contrarian to my fellow Lions fans and say that if Detroit loses on Sunday, DeMeco Ryans should be COTY for essentially doing in two years what Campbell did in three.

This is DeMeco Ryans' first year with Houston

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Quote is totally the new Edit

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Papercut posted:

This is DeMeco Ryans' first year with Houston

Well poo poo, I stand corrected. Even more impressive then!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

C-Euro posted:

Well poo poo, I stand corrected. Even more impressive then!

He's had a crazy fast ascent, joined the 49ers coaching staff in 2017, was a position coach the next year, then DC after two or three years (when Saleh left for the Jets job).

Head coach of Houston after only two seasons as DC. He's really good.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coldforge posted:

Did you miss the part where he was on both the MVP and Offensive Player of the Year lists, along with Lamar Jackson and Christian McCaffery?

Or do you think he really had a similar impact this year?

He lead the league in TDs, and kept his Int rate down. He was efficient and produced a lot of points. I think that’s pretty impactful.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He lead the league in TDs, and kept his Int rate down. He was efficient and produced a lot of points. I think that’s pretty impactful.

Okay.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

All of that was offset by his FTC numbers, tho

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Black Lighter posted:

All of that was offset by his FTC numbers, tho

I know he's a divisional rival, but accusing him of trade fraud is egregious.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Waltzing Along posted:

The mai tai is from right across the bay from San Francisco. That's a drink.

I'm so happy there's a Trader Vic's in SJC. Always love their mai tais at 7am before flying off to San Diego or Vegas.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

I know he's a divisional rival, but accusing him of trade fraud is egregious.

The MVP should factor in any kind of fraud and I’m sick of it being ignored

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
We still don't know exactly what "Comeback Player of the Year" is yet, right? Do you give it to Damar who literally died on the field and came back but didn't really do anything, Mayfield who put up a decent season after getting fired again, Flacco showing he still has it, Tua who got his brain scrambled but is still a good young player so I don't know what people expected, and... Stafford for some reason, I don't think he left?

Nov 6, 2002

Mayfield seems like the no-brainer choice.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lifespan posted:

We still don't know exactly what "Comeback Player of the Year" is yet, right? Do you give it to Damar who literally died on the field and came back but didn't really do anything, Mayfield who put up a decent season after getting fired again, Flacco showing he still has it, Tua who got his brain scrambled but is still a good young player so I don't know what people expected, and... Stafford for some reason, I don't think he left?

It's an extremely nebulous award. As one goon put it, Geno won last year for "coming back from being rear end" which I honestly love being a thing. If I had to guess the Damar Hamlin story is too big to ignore, even if his biggest impact on the field this year was a terrible fake punt (that occurred after voting closed anyway). Flacco is easily the most fun but did he play enough games? Agree Baker is the one you can't really poke any holes in.

I don't really know why Stafford is on the list, I guess they had to pad it out to 5 with someone :shrug: I mean he was banged up and had a down year but nothing crazy

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Comeback player clearly implies that there’s degrees of success involved. Baker or Flacco are amazing examples. Damar is a feel good story about the amazing abilities of medical professionals starring a fringe roster player.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Stafford was more than just banged up last year. He had a spinal cord contusion that drat near everyone assumed was going to force him into retirement. Almost no one thought he was going to be able to play at all this year, let alone still be ridiculously good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I guess I feel like when you comeback like Alex Smith did, which required an unfathomable amount of suffering and struggle it really is a feat.

This might sound a little insensitive but Damar kind of just...didn't die? I dunno I might not be phrasing this well

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

I don't really know why Stafford is on the list, I guess they had to pad it out to 5 with someone :shrug: I mean he was banged up and had a down year but nothing crazy

Philip Rivers won Comeback PotY in 2013 after a down 7-9 year in 2012 where his stats weren’t awful.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I prefer comeback being an award you have to earn rather than something you get for not getting injured twice in a row

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

No Trent Williams? For shame.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Kayshon Boutte's career keeps going downhill.

https://x.com/tkyles39/status/1750591518396514432?s=20

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

I guess I feel like when you comeback like Alex Smith did, which required an unfathomable amount of suffering and struggle it really is a feat.

This might sound a little insensitive but Damar kind of just...didn't die? I dunno I might not be phrasing this well

Yeah that’s the exact scenario I’m picturing for comeback player of the year - the Alex smith route.

Flacco coming off the couch and leading the browns to a playoff game was amazing tho he literally came back from the couch

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

kiimo posted:

I agree with you. However it's funny, at the start of the season we were all saying there was no way Hamlin wouldn't/shouldn't win the comeback award, now we're coming up with reasons not to give him the award.

Nov 6, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah that’s the exact scenario I’m picturing for comeback player of the year - the Alex smith route.

Flacco coming off the couch and leading the browns to a playoff game was amazing tho he literally came back from the couch

and the Jets!

MakaVillian posted:

I agree with you. However it's funny, at the start of the season we were all saying there was no way Hamlin wouldn't/shouldn't win the comeback award, now we're coming up with reasons not to give him the award.

The reality is if he hadn't almost died on them the Bills would have cut him last offseason because he's not a very good NFL player. Seems like you should have some marginal utility as a player to win CPotY.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Hamlin ruined a great game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Kayshon Boutte's career keeps going downhill.

https://x.com/tkyles39/status/1750591518396514432?s=20

What an absolute dumbass.