Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

lol wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

T-Square posted:

Yeah I feel bad about it because he seems like a cool dude but I just straight up didn’t even try S2 of Altered Carbon because he’s just so meh to me as an actor

You didn’t miss anything. I couldn’t even make it through the first episode. Even after I watched the first season again - couldn’t do it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
:vince: being into :metis: doesn’t surprise me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In Chuck Berry voice

did I poop on your head

I do that sometimes

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

fartknocker posted:

why am I not surprised that SA has an emote for that

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

fartknocker posted:

Seriously wondering if it was on purpose or because he just shits himself everyone once and a while.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

saintonan posted:

why am I not surprised that SA has an emote for that

Vince’s reaction or the goon lore that is Metis, cause the SAclopedia on that is something…

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

fartknocker posted:

Vince’s reaction or the goon lore that is Metis, cause the SAclopedia on that is something…

Metis, and I'm not going to click on that link while sober.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Breetai posted:

Thanks again for the advice, everyone who responded, got the new tv delivered finally, mounted, and spent 2 afternoons hooking everything up.

How it started:

How it's going:

LG C3 85 inch, taking up pretty much zero space instead of reducing the room size by a meter due to the old TV's cabinet. Built in PVR means that we can chuck our old massive unit and instead we just have a hard drive mounted in the small cab under the tv. DVD is in there too, fed by HDMI cables via the wall, and computer is hooked up for gaming.

Excellent tv so far, frankly better picture quality than any I've seen and I'm noticing details that weren't even clear in theatres.

Also definitely bright enough ever for a well lit room. Even just the 4k demo video from YouTube we looked at just after mounting just popped out of the screen.

Stuff not recorded in digital or stuff that's low res and not a divisor of 2160 looks blurry as expected, but all in all I can't complain.

10/10, would definitely recommend.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

TV is too high.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

trilljester posted:

Are there any Civ-like games for iOS?

there's a very bad civ game

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

FizFashizzle posted:

there's a very bad civ game

Oh I see it. Civ 6 and yeah after reading reviews it seems very bad.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

:laffo: at what he's watching

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

In insane cheapskate foods today: took the leftover Tostitos Scoops crumbs, salsa con queso, and guacamole and made the some hobo Mexican cereal for lunch.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Timby posted:

Apropos of nothing, any medical goons know anything about eyesight and possible diabetic retinopathy? I was diagnosed as diabetic in December 2022, and while I am not currently on insulin (I very closely manage my blood glucose, and I was put back on metformin as opposed to insulin, and right now I only weigh 171 pounds from my biggest at 289 a while back), but for the past two or three months, I've been having vision issues and needing to take my glasses off to read fine print, even when trying to read something on my phone, or when doing a crossword in the paper. I'm only 39, but is it time to go back to Shopko Optical and possibly talk with the doc about bifocals / transition lenses?

Before someone comes in to snark at me and say "dur hur don't ask for medical advice on a dead gay forum," I have appointments scheduled at the diabetes clinic, the nephrology clinic and with my cardiologist. Just wondering what to expect moving forward.

Not an optometrist, but have you been seeing additional floaters or splotchy vision? I think that's the early symptoms of diabetic retinopathy. Since it sounds like you're controlling your sugar well, I'd kinda be surprised if it was more than that.

Could also just be you're in for bifocals... My wife wears them and she got them in her late 30s.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Timby posted:

Apropos of nothing, any medical goons know anything about eyesight and possible diabetic retinopathy? I was diagnosed as diabetic in December 2022, and while I am not currently on insulin (I very closely manage my blood glucose, and I was put back on metformin as opposed to insulin, and right now I only weigh 171 pounds from my biggest at 289 a while back), but for the past two or three months, I've been having vision issues and needing to take my glasses off to read fine print, even when trying to read something on my phone, or when doing a crossword in the paper. I'm only 39, but is it time to go back to Shopko Optical and possibly talk with the doc about bifocals / transition lenses?

Before someone comes in to snark at me and say "dur hur don't ask for medical advice on a dead gay forum," I have appointments scheduled at the diabetes clinic, the nephrology clinic and with my cardiologist. Just wondering what to expect moving forward.

Late to this, and missed to earlier, but diabetic retinopathy has some pretty clear signs on otoscopic exam, so when they look in your eyes they will have a good idea whats going on. Also, even though it's on the younger side, you could be losing your ability to accommodate your pupils (i.e. need reading glasses) which is a totally natural process. Your chronic illnesses may also be contributing to the early onset.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ZsLudtfjI

Roadhouse remake looks just as cocaine fueled as the original.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Huh Dani from Ted lasso plays Zorro in the new Prime show. I might actually check it out now

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Huh Dani from Ted lasso plays Zorro in the new Prime show. I might actually check it out now

Vengeance is life!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Android Apocalypse posted:

In insane cheapskate foods today: took the leftover Tostitos Scoops crumbs, salsa con queso, and guacamole and made the some hobo Mexican cereal for lunch.

I've been there. Minus the guac.

Guac is barf. :barf:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

:hf:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

BlindSite posted:

If they can capture the insanity of living in Florida like they did with Missouri in the original then I'm in.

Quiet Feet posted:

I've been there. Minus the guac.

Eh, normally I don't add guac but it was there sooooo :shrug:.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Guac is a vast land of contrasts. When it's bad it's real bad, but man when it's good

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Fifty Three posted:

Guac is a vast land of contrasts. When it's bad it's real bad, but man when it's good

Short of unripe or bad avocados its pretty hard to gently caress up. Unless you get some white mom adding asparagus and poo poo.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've had guac that was like, separating, with watery stuff coming out of it, yuck
or totally unsalted, which was easily fixed but also baffling, at least add lime

but yeah good guacamole is not hard to make and it's sooo good

sure are a lot of finicky eaters in TFF really

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I only trust guac that I make or that my Dad makes.

Everyone else fucks it up

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

chunky guac please

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Endless...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

Much like Point Break, this was something no one was asking for because the original was perfect.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fifty Three posted:

but man when it's good

tell me more of the "when it's good" it's a foreign concept to me

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

A local grocery store (Tony’s) has pretty good guac and salsa that they make in store. Honestly, I like it so much I usually don’t bother making my own fresh stuff because it’s easier and fairly cheap.

I get people who don’t like guac because the texture isn’t for everyone, but I love it. Has to be fresh though. 1-2 day old guac is no bueno.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Bird in a Blender posted:

1-2 day old guac

Does not compute

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I like these little avocado cups I get from Sam's Club. Each cup is half an avocado. Tastes fine with a dash of lime and salt. Just smear that on some toasted bread and it's yummers. I'll buy real avocados when I make actual guac tho.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Leperflesh posted:

I've had guac that was like, separating, with watery stuff coming out of it, yuck
or totally unsalted, which was easily fixed but also baffling, at least add lime

but yeah good guacamole is not hard to make and it's sooo good

sure are a lot of finicky eaters in TFF really

I'll admit to being weirdly picky about things but I've always given food I dislike multiple shots.

My sister-in-law hated me for years because her, my now-wife and I all went to a Mexican place fairly early on in the relationship, and SIL would not stop pestering me to try the guac. Like not even asking or suggesting, just full on telling me to. Politely declining I think four or five times in a row did not work. By that point I'd tried guacamole and avocado a bunch of times in my life and just didn't care for it, so I reached into the bowl with my finger and took a swipe. I recognize it was childish but I'd absolutely had it by then. We both came away with bad first impressions of each other and didn't talk much for a few years. Which was awkward because wife and I got serious pretty quickly.

I've tricked myself into scallops and bacon a bunch of times because, hey, it's got bacon on it so it must be good, right? Nope. Can't stand them. Onions are impossible to avoid so I've had them plenty of times, raw and cooked, and can say I dislike them in any variety. Carrots literally make me gag but I can tolerate them in tiny amounts and I'll even put a little bit in soups or salads I make just for variety.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

You're my kind of petty, QuietFeet. Respect.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Quiet Feet - did you actually tell your SIL you didn't like guac/avocado after multiple tries in the past?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Me with raw tomatoes and everyone on earth saying that their home grown tomatoes are so much better than store bought, as if the last 50 people did not say the same thing. Every year I humor someone and eat their fancy garden tomato, and it just tastes like a tomato, which I do not like.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Me with raw tomatoes and everyone on earth saying that their home grown tomatoes are so much better than store bought, as if the last 50 people did not say the same thing. Every year I humor someone and eat their fancy garden tomato, and it just tastes like a tomato, which I do not like.

Me with mashed potato. Makes me want to gag immediately. Even tried some at a very expensive restaurant and probably offended the staff. No your mum's recipe isn't different, yes I know how to make them to a high standard.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

well that's strange coming from Oz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1750669926816182408?t=IX7c6LQV83DXI2aUKgApsQ&s=19

I know collectable popcorn things from movies are a thing now but this is a weird one.