Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

weg posted:

V*gina lmao thx for protecting my sensitive eyes

It's probably so he doesn't get suspended by Twitter's weird Elon-centric arbitrary autoban triggers, like how you can post Nazi stuff in the clear but if you type "cis" or whatever secret word of the day, you get perma'd.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Jelly posted:

I really wanted this guy to have a funny name but it's exceedingly normal.

His name is Cheung Booted

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vire posted:

So what happens when he absolutely ignores this and does it anyway. I know this is different from the state court trial with no jury. Does he just immediately find him in contempt and make him leave the court room?

It looks real bad in front of a jury that gets to determine damages, but he doesn't understand that because he's treating it like a criminal trial

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

She's gonna get Bad Court Thingie'd, isn't she? :haw:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

loving hell

All that stupid hand wringing over a ruse, as usual

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

vaginite posted:

What pisses me off about the Fani Willis thing is all of the real news guys, lib pundits, etc. took it at face value and wrung their hands about how Fani made a giant mistake.

Like just chill out, these guys are liars, all of them. Don't assume they're telling the truth without compelling evidence, ever.

Lots of posters too. Many such cases!

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

She only has 3 questions

Oh Habba

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
My body is ready but my balls may not be. Buckle the gently caress up.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's almost like the judge knows that Trump is incapable of not running his big fat mouth and wants to make sure that when he is smacked down for running his big fat mouth it will be clear that he was warned about the consequences of running his big fat mouth.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:lmao: ROFL :what:

That’s, uh, some pretty serious defamation if none of it is true.

Lmao if this ends up on ANOTHER defamation suit

Just lmao these loving clowns

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lmfao

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

For those of you who aren’t regular federal trial attendees: “I’m not going to testify for my client” is legalese for “I have no idea what the crazy mofo is about to say.”

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

loving hell

All that stupid hand wringing over a ruse, as usual

it's okay, popehat probably made a podcast about it with that anti-trump conservative guy

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

If I may?
No.

:lol:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

_____! posted:

Don't you have to state why you're objecting, or is it obvious enough to all involved that it's unnecessary?

"yes"

you do have to have a reason for objecting, but 9 times out of 10 the judge will see the same thing you did. if counsel asks a leading question to a friendly witness, opposing counsel doesn't need to spell out that the question is leading. they just object, the judge is like "yeah that's super leading" and they move the point along by simply saying "sustained".

so when habba gets told "overruled" tersely, the judge knows she's objecting not because of any actual procedural point, but because she's basically doing a miles edgeworth "I OBJECT.... THAT WAS... OBJECTIONABLE!". the judge is under no compunction to fully hear people out on every objection, so if he knows it's bullshit, he just says "overruled" and keeps things going.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

"Legally, you may fuckin not" lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
dammit i want to watch this live

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Trump gunna Alex Jones himself.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

NoiseAnnoys posted:

it's okay, popehat probably made a podcast about it with that anti-trump conservative guy

podcasts.....!! :mad:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Trump is going to accuse Judge Kaplan and Roberta Kaplan of being related and in cahoots

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I love that he just keeps muttering poo poo under his breath but loud enough to be heard by the judge.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This is either going to be really great or really disappointing

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Escape From Noise posted:

I love that he just keeps muttering poo poo under his breath but loud enough to be heard by the judge.

Roberta Kaplan is the prosecutor, different than Judge Kaplan

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Trump: I thought it was my wife’s rear end I was putting my fingers in. But you know, it’s all lies anyways, when they told me I passed that cognitive test, the doctor, the doctor with tears in his eyes, said “sir, this is a perfect score, in fact I should be taking this test to see if I am dumb” doctor said that, he did. When they tell me that the US isn’t reliant on foreign oil I said, Obama. Obama got us here. And now he’s in power again. You can look at the TV and it says Obama care, that’s just a dumb word, he doesn’t care. We got caravans coming in and all they’re doing at the border is giving them phones, jobs, and a bus to a job from a working American. I honestly believe that.

Judge: Mr. Trump we just asked if you needed a moment to speak with your counsel before coming to the stand.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I'm sure Kim Guilfoyle and Alina Habba's groomingmakeup and fashion show on OANN is gonna be a hit

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Philthy posted:

Trump gunna Alex Jones himself.

Objection!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Sketch artists better make fuckin' hay out of this if it's going to be brief.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

kazil posted:

ira kaplan from yo la tengo will answer for his anti-trump crimes!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jesus he is like a loving toddler.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He's just going to bray "I never did anything wrong" over and over and over

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence
Goddamn this needs to be on TV.

I'm tapping refresh like a rat pressing the dopamine lever.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

for sure going to be a shitshow

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Imagining Trump just yelling from the table at this point

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

kazil posted:

KAPLAN CRIME FAMILY

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Trumbo gonna perjure himself on the stand

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He will never never never shut up

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence

Data Graham posted:

He will never never never shut up

Many such cases!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my client is just like you. A poor, down on his luck, hounded former, and some say still rightfully, president.