Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah the releases with the 5.1 audio just sound wrong with the super crisp sfx

Gundams need to have ultra compressed, crunchy gun sound effects and random ratcheting sounds whenever they stand up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Awesome, Freedom's OST sounds like it's just travelled through time directly from 2005 (compliment) with some added guitar riffs

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Current Gundam (battle Operation 2) status: Pay 200$ to get the Freedom in game.

loving lol.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The most important thing confirmed for Freedom:

It has a Z'gok. that is apparently the new upgraded Justice.

Apparently Cagalli gets Akatsuki back.

Lol, lamo.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 25, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This is going to be so dumb.

I can't wait.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fivemarks posted:

Current Gundam (battle Operation 2) status: Pay 200$ to get the Freedom in game.

loving lol.

Isn't that game set in the UC exclusively? That's kind of weird. I'd think that'd mildly annoy the Japanese grogs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spoilers are kind of all over the place but

Freedom's upgrade involves new wings, a for-real actual katana, and a ZZ Gundam head-mounted cannon
Akatsuki gets a new backpack which apparently may combine with Destiny later on?
Justice has a Z'gok outer armor ala the Mars armor for Red Frame
Duel and Buster appear with Meteor units
Archangel gets destroyed
DOM pilots get killed off.
Flay apparently appears as a Newtype Ghost
Mass Production Impulses

Early reception seems to be positive with the side note that 'early reception is positive' is from the kind of people who lined up to see the very first showing of the movie and post about it on Twitter afterwards. Apparently it is a lot like Cross Ange so uh... warning signs.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 25, 2024

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

lol the hell is that flight suit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

chiasaur11 posted:

Isn't that game set in the UC exclusively? That's kind of weird. I'd think that'd mildly annoy the Japanese grogs.

They're running out of UC suits people care about so I think they're beginning to branch out

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Apparently the villain faction has the power to read/control minds.

Kira is unstable early on and gets caught off guard but eventually overcomes it.
Athrun overcomes it by being horny for Cagalli. (This is apparently not an exaggeration)
Shinn obtains Meikyo Shisui and can overcome it by emptying his mind.
Lacus apparently has the willpower to resist mentally and when the main villain attempts to assault her she berates him until he leaves.

This is going to be a fuckin' messssssss

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
This sounds like such dogshit I can't wait to learn more

ImpAtom posted:

Kira is unstable early on and gets caught off guard but eventually overcomes it.
Athrun overcomes it by being horny for Cagalli. (This is apparently not an exaggeration)
Lacus apparently has the willpower to resist mentally and when the main villain attempts to assault her she berates him until he leaves.

This is just Cross Ange! All those people are right!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That all sounds incredible.

Arc Hammer posted:

This is going to be so dumb.
I can't wait.
Better a fun mess than something boring, and we can maybe get some dope model kits out of it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Apparently it's very 'super robot' from how people are describing the action.

Apparently it's incredibly horny. Which, uh, you saw Lacus' suit, you're not surprised.
Cagalli and Athrun end up back together.

ZGOOOOK.

Edit:
Apparently the villains wanted to enact Destiny Plan 2.0 but Shin is the one who takes out their big weapon this time, so hey, Shin gets an actual arc.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 25, 2024

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Important SEED Freedom news: There is yet another flashback to Nicol's death. No time in this film for a coherent plot, but gotta make sure everyone remembers he was 15 and loved the piano.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Apparently the upgraded Akatsuki.

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

chiasaur11 posted:

It still is, kinda. Only the PC version is getting Freedom, apparently because a poll of PC players said they'd like to see non-UC suits. Playstation players wanted to stick to UC purity, so they're getting Engage suits instead. First major split between the two platforms.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

ZGOOOOK.

Movie worth it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, if stuff about the ending is true The series ends with Kira and Lacus just chilling out naked on the beach.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Unspoilered images that are totally from SEED Freedom.

https://twitter.com/marvel_tonton/status/1750427198404931989?t=7CZ4_QcUy1QhuWBUhF3E2w&s=19

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

ImpAtom posted:

Man, if stuff about the ending is true The series ends with Kira and Lacus just chilling out naked on the beach.

Leave us with maximum horny sure SEED why not

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Having just gone through Seed and Destiny

Yeah, that’s a pretty apt way to end the series

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

To be unreasonably fair to SEED psychic powers have been a Gundam thing since '79.

And now I'm thinking again of other non-psychic Gundam settings, and the sheer amount of "that boy just ain't right" Mikazuki could draw from Newtypes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this sounds like the best a seed movie could be tbh

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

This sounds really, really bad but also really funny and has at least some brief flashes of competence with Shinn.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The post-WFM gundam releases continue to deliver exactly what they say on the tin.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 25, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just find it hilarious that apparently the way to overcome evil mind control is to be horny for your significant other, except for Shin who gets past it by looping Baby Shark in his brain.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I just find it hilarious that apparently the way to overcome evil mind control is to be horny for your significant other, except for Shin who gets past it by looping Baby Shark in his brain.

Honestly on-brand.

Sounds like SEED took Kill la Kill's evil clothes stuff too literally.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

These don't make me think the movie is good but it 100% is gonna get me to watch it

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 25, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't tell if Duel and Buster are new units that connect to Meteors or if they seriously just repaired the old-as-poo poo mech and stuck them to a Meteor unit and I'm not sure which is funnier.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Edit: rip hit quote instead of edit

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

ImpAtom posted:

I can't tell if Duel and Buster are new units that connect to Meteors or if they seriously just repaired the old-as-poo poo mech and stuck them to a Meteor unit and I'm not sure which is funnier.

You probably have to buy whole new gunpla for that too

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

chiasaur11 posted:

This has just been a thing they've been doing lately. UCEngage had a collab with WFM too. It makes people bad but it makes them more money.

Also lmao the SEED movie looks so bad and horny

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

These don't make me think the movie is good but it 100% is gonna get me to watch it

Yup, it sounds like a great experience.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

... I was going to say "Hey those missile launchers on the eternal look familiar" before I saw that it IS AC6

Holy poo poo I never registered how much that tank leg looks like a gundam type ship

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/PixelFerret_/status/1750627227463516588?t=0LeGamrVdCIrqHRVIRt1gA&s=19

This is... unbelievably cursed.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Welp, there’s a name with some of the new SEED suits now

Mighty Strike Freedom, Z’Gok (yes really), Infinite Justice Type II, and Destiny Spec II, Duel Blitz, Lightning Buster

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/Medusanon/status/1652367969874243587

Tem Ray circuit: not even once

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Apparently Mighty Strike Freedom is created when Strike Freedom combines with a piloted backpack called the Proud Defender.

Also the Infinite Justice's new backpack is an X-Wing.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

ZGOOOOK.

god this is so awful ahahaha