Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

They did that and it was the best time

True beginnings of the rear end Boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

apophenium posted:

I'd sit on the hard cam side if they'd let me seems like a fun place to be

Same tbh it’s the side everyone plays to so way better for watching than the other side

The only reason to be on the other side is if you’re real eager to be on tv in the background to show off your clever sign about some dead game franchise nobody cares about

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I was tempted to try and sneak into some of the empty hard cam seats when the crowd started to empty out for the ROH matched the two times I went to Collision but I chickened out :(

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I was tempted to try and sneak into some of the empty hard cam seats when the crowd started to empty out for the ROH matched the two times I went to Collision but I chickened out :(

I did this in Phoenix last year for Rampage and had the time of my life. 10/10 highly recommend.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sisal Two-Step posted:

i've been watching aew more or less weekly since august 2022 and haven't seen that guy once. so uh happy trails i guess.

e: oh re-signed not resigned. well cant wait to see him. happy trails to my tv screen.

He was resined. He has been encased in resin.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

He was resined. He has been encased in resin.

lol I can totally hear a JR call "The Resinous Ogogo"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

There are times I'm thankful the worst thing we know about TK is that he is cringe

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
All this dead weight on the roster and TK cut bait on my main man Trench so fast, just not right

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sisal Two-Step posted:

i've been watching aew more or less weekly since august 2022 and haven't seen that guy once. so uh happy trails i guess.

e: oh re-signed not resigned. well cant wait to see him. happy trails to my tv screen.

He acquits.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

There are times I'm thankful the worst thing we know about TK is that he is cringe

He hired a known rapist

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
is this heaven or is it hell

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

He hired a known rapist

oh right. hooray

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

have you seen the roster, i’m not sure they could get much smaller

We're putting Adam Cole on a diet.

projecthalaxy posted:

What is the correct number of wrestlers per minute of television?

The rule of thumb I had always heard was an average of 3 per segment/15 minutes. So 24 per 2 hour show, or 60 for the 5 hours of TV that AEW has weekly. AEW could get away with more as they have a heavier focus on tag teams/stable and don't have anyone who can justify multiple segments of attention on a regular basis, like Austin back in the day.

Counting people on the IR I'd say AEW's ideal roster size should be about 75-80 people. Big enough that people won't get overexposed and can be cycled off TV as necessary, but not so big that people are signed and forgotten about. I would also say that people on prospective/developmental deals wouldn't count against that number.

If AEW really does have 160 people under contract, they genuinely need to cut about half the roster.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

The rule of thumb I had always heard was an average of 3 per segment/15 minutes. So 24 per 2 hour show, or 60 for the 5 hours of TV that AEW has weekly. AEW could get away with more as they have a heavier focus on tag teams/stable and don't have anyone who can justify multiple segments of attention on a regular basis, like Austin back in the day.

Counting people on the IR I'd say AEW's ideal roster size should be about 75-80 people. Big enough that people won't get overexposed and can be cycled off TV as necessary, but not so big that people are signed and forgotten about. I would also say that people on prospective/developmental deals wouldn't count against that number.

If AEW really does have 160 people under contract, they genuinely need to cut about half the roster.

Very cool to advocate for 80 people to lose their jobs.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

We call it the Video game industry playbook

:sigh:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t mind Tony paying a whole bunch of people to do gently caress all as long as they’re happy

It’s my own personal employment dream to cash some billionaire’s fat cheques just for sitting on my rear end, who am I to deny others that opportunity

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

C. Everett Koop posted:

I feel the need to inform you that projecthalaxy was asking a rhetorical question in a sarcastic manner. You weren't actually supposed to answer.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you can do what you like, in the hell thread

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MJeff posted:

I feel the need to inform you that projecthalaxy was asking a rhetorical question in a sarcastic manner. You weren't actually supposed to answer.

I was at least moderately wondering.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Rename this thread AEW Purgatory.

Because VKM is the devil.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I know Billy Gunn is a little tired but I would hardly call both halves of the Voodoo Kin Mafia the devil

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I was at least moderately wondering.

And I moderately answered.

If I seriously answered I would have said everyone needed to lose their jobs :evil:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

AEW: Flawed Humans Trying Their Best

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

no

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dont wanna talk about that poo poo in here

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This thread is a walled garden for saying Bung Cucks, don’t bring the outside world into here.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

lol bung cucks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

dont wanna talk about that poo poo in here

Fair enough.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

No…

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Also Wardlow is boring.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also Wardlow is boring.

Boredlow???

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

He's so boring he doesn't deserve a nickname, that would make him interesting.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

wart load 😔

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
on the way up we thought Wardlow would be like a break out hoss similar to Batista in Evolution getting over with his charisma... and then it turned out he didnt have it and now hes a glorified Tyson Tomko

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Snored-blow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Remember when MJF blew off that signing session in vegas and they told the war dog to stiff him in response

the shoot powerbomb symphony