Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
People on reddit/twitter literally begging for HHH to not be involved but there's like genuinely no way he wasn't at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Both Stephanie and HHH had to have been involved or had knowledge.

You know what actually might be the outcome of this if they do clean house?

Head booker Cody Rhodes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEBckT9ewyg

I know this is like, the least important thing to comment on at this time, but I just noticed how dark Vince dyed his hair for his New York Stock Exchange photo-op. His hair has never been that black. Also, the media is going to get a lot of mileage out of decades of footage of Vince looking angry or perverted on TV.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

just got caught up and fuckin' yikes

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Rhonne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEBckT9ewyg

Also, the media is going to get a lot of mileage out of decades of footage of Vince looking angry or perverted on TV.

and when he had that mustache

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
How many WWE wrestlers will feign ignorance about Vince's well-documented history of being a piece of poo poo after this?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

All of them

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Long-Time Lurker posted:

How many WWE wrestlers will feign ignorance about Vince's well-documented history of being a piece of poo poo after this?

personally im waiting to see CM Punk deny it as given his promos from a decade ago are on this very topic but, much like Daenarys, he kind of forgot

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I regretted reading the actual complaint...it's horrific beyond belief. I don't understand how anyone can still watch the product at this point and earnestly use the usual talking points as justification.

Really makes you think about how most of the company seemed to know about this. Vince openly showing it off to a dozen tech guys, using her as a bargaining chip with Lesnar, multiple execs being somewhat involved, texting wrestlers photos and even texting a former referee.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Literally all of them except Eric Young apparently

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’m not holding my breath for anyone but Vince to get in trouble for this, betting that Hunter is gonna wriggle out of this one for a while. Only way I see him getting any form of heat is if there’s concrete, named accusations of him doing something as heinous as any of the Vince ones, him knowing about it or even being a non-participating accomplice isn’t gonna take him out. The Matt Demott stuff didn’t even put a dent into his legacy, he has an overwhelmingly positive narrative surrounding him leading up to this.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Really makes you think about how most of the company seemed to know about this. Vince openly showing it off to a dozen tech guys, using her as a bargaining chip with Lesnar, multiple execs being somewhat involved, texting wrestlers photos and even texting a former referee.

The parts about Vince texting her photos to everyone made me even more pissed at the WSJ for including a picture of her in the article. Scum.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Drakkel posted:

Literally all of them except Eric Young apparently

Side effect is the people who aren't in WWE but we're actively looking to go back, Andrade and Miro for example, now are going back with this as a shadow and public so...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MJeff posted:

This is 100% gonna end with them booting HHH and Vince out and Khan just controlling everything.

I hope HHH gets divorced too.

I just really think it'd be really cool if HHH lost his dream job, was completely exiled from his children's lives and then after he realized the breadth of the suffering he'd caused for decades just to gain power for himself, all of which he's now lost, his steroid-enlarged heart finally killed him.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I won't watch it to find out, but how goddamn awkward is the Rumble going to be? Philly fans, for the love of all that is right, please bring some batteries to the stadium.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I’m not holding my breath for anyone but Vince to get in trouble for this

I would love for this to be a world where he doesn't just keep getting away with this and finally gets what has been coming to him for like five decades now but the unfortunate reality is he's rich

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

The parts about Vince texting her photos to everyone made me even more pissed at the WSJ for including a picture of her in the article. Scum.

I really doubt this article was done without her knowledge.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

super macho dude posted:

I won't watch it to find out, but how goddamn awkward is the Rumble going to be? Philly fans, for the love of all that is right, please bring some batteries to the stadium.

I do not think the crowd still going to the Royal Rumble will give one iota of a poo poo

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

If Vince showed up at the Rumble they would all bow down to him like they always do

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I do not think the crowd still going to the Royal Rumble will give one iota of a poo poo

Word. A reminder that the WWE crowd chanted "Thank you Vince" the first time this came out sans the sordid details.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Philly fans are mutants.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ARMBAR A COP posted:

All the wrestlers who love Vince always seem to see him as a father figure

this always felt like a deliberate manipulation of his relationship with the wrestlers as a whole especially with his tactic of hiring a bad cop to do the releases/fines so when they're gone from the company they always have that perspective of "Well Vince loved me and was boys with me but that GOD drat jim ross/john laurenaitis/nick khan had it out for me! they're the reason i lost my job!!!".

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

the rot runs deep and is systematic

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i believe the rumble is in florida.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

STONE COLD 64 posted:

this always felt like a deliberate manipulation of his relationship with the wrestlers as a whole especially with his tactic of hiring a bad cop to do the releases/fines so when they're gone from the company they always have that perspective of "Well Vince loved me and was boys with me but that GOD drat jim ross/john laurenaitis/nick khan had it out for me! they're the reason i lost my job!!!".

On his podcast Jarrett talks with great respect and sincerity how thoughtful Vince was to give him time off when his wife had cancer and in like the next sentence talks about how all that time off meant he was going to make less money and that was trouble and did not seem to put two and two together.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Dawgstar posted:

On his podcast Jarrett talks with great respect and sincerity how thoughtful Vince was to give him time off when his wife had cancer and in like the next sentence talks about how all that time off meant he was going to make less money and that was trouble and did not seem to put two and two together.

Wrestlers are deeply stupid.

The fact that the wwe locker room almost unanimously seems to agree that Kane is just the smartest guy they’ve all met tells you everything you need to know

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Optimist with doubt posted:

Vince McMahon is a gross monster and he texts like a Reddit edgelord

As grotesque as the allegations are (and they are very grotesque) the texts that look like they were made by a horny maladjusted teenage virgin takes it to a deeper psycho level for me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I really doubt this article was done without her knowledge.

I suppose that would make sense with them going forward with naming Brock.

1glitch0 posted:

As grotesque as the allegations are (and they are very grotesque) the texts that look like they were made by a horny maladjusted teenage virgin takes it to a deeper psycho level for me.

It goes back to that truly weird "I wanted to shove leaves in her" thing that always creeped me the gently caress out about Vince. (Just being extra careful with spoilers here in light of everything)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

WWE and anyone that bends over backwards to support/praise them can go gently caress off forever.

If you bend over backwards far enough you can poo poo on you own head

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Wrestlers are deeply stupid.

The fact that the wwe locker room almost unanimously seems to agree that Kane is just the smartest guy they’ve all met tells you everything you need to know

I'm fully convinced the reason so many wrestlers think Kane is smart is because he was the only person they'd ever met who reads books. Maybe the only person they'd ever met who could read period.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

People on reddit/twitter literally begging for HHH to not be involved but there's like genuinely no way he wasn't at this point

The best he can hope for is claiming (and having people believe) blissful ignorance that he assumed all of Vince’s relationships were consensual and never thought about them beyond that, which is of course total and complete bullshit.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's also insane that none of this would be happening if Vince hadn't gotten so full of himself he decided he could get away with refusing to keep paying the hush money payments.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

super macho dude posted:

Wrestling fans don't go to WWE shows. And the WWE fans who do I'm sure are going to love the slop

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
On the topic of getting Vince out, I knew he was insulated but I forgot he was this insulated. Will depend on how hard it is to change the articles of incorporation in the state they are incorporated in. Would be fitting if they are stuck with Vince.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1750728548355092961

Still think it's more likely than not he ends up gone.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Drakkel posted:

I'm fully convinced the reason so many wrestlers think Kane is smart is because he was the only person they'd ever met who reads books. Maybe the only person they'd ever met who could read period.

I still remember that backstage footage from back in the 80's that some guy made with a camcorder. He talks to the Road Warriors and Luger who are coked out of their mind and everyone else is having a wild party. Then they come across Cornette who is just sitting there reading a book and they all act like he is Einstein.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The people that go to the Rumble aren't gonna care about any of this. It's not like Vince is gonna show up so you're not gonna have a situation like Jericho getting "NDA" chants at him.

Then after tomorrow WWE is gonna push hard on the winners and any surprise returns to drown out this story. Eventually in a few months Vince will quietly resign and everyone else will have quietly gotten away with it. Vince will never face serious consequences because rich people get away with everything and the world sucks.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

On the topic of getting Vince out, I knew he was insulated but I forgot he was this insulated. Will depend on how hard it is to change the articles of incorporation in the state they are incorporated in. Would be fitting if they are stuck with Vince.

If Vince decides to fight this and claim she is lying, he could be around a long time.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Stay out of the comments in social media about it. The amount of victim blaming and gold digging comments is just sickening

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

i would genuinely be very surprised ari didn't engineer some kind of out for this exact type of situation blowing up with what he knew about before the purchase and his background as a talent manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The entire reason they sold to Ari was so Vince could keep his spot, I really don't think they have any recourse besides saying pretty pretty please.