Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Roth posted:

Newgrounds sums it up pretty well I had literally never heard of it before she suggested it.

That's chill. We all do some dumb poo poo for our partners, like rooting for the Eagles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That's chill. We all do some dumb poo poo for our partners, like rooting for the Eagles.

I bought tarot cards.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i hate the fuckin eagles man

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

w/TB12's Authentic Auto-Gains Muscle System Nutrients flowing thru my body: No, they can still come back from 6 - 42.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

w/TB12's Authentic Auto-Gains Muscle System Nutrients flowing thru my body: No, they can still come back from 6 - 42.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mycophobia posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mycophobia posted:

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mycophobia posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://tb12sports.com/

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdXrkUPcWro&t=12s

lmfao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mycophobia posted:

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

mycophobia posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Best ever.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Best ever.

It's the best movie ever made

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Super Mario RPG (switch remake)
Baldur's Gate 3
Out to Lunch (SNES, original hw)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Just wrapped up Britney Spears vs. Cartman.swf - Decent little fighter. Not even close to a BLAM, hovering around a 4/5.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
While the Iron's Hot

Gay little Game Pass pixel indie game where you're a blacksmith gathering materials and making items for people in town. The crafting was actually pretty engaging and discovering new recipes felt cool. The game has two distinct endings and only one save slot so to experience all the postgame stuff you've gotta play the game twice which was a real bummer because I was having fun with it. Wanted to get it out of the way before I started IW anyway so I'll just call it here.

15 hours, 7/10

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Tetris Effect Connected
2. Alan Wake 2
3. Mega Man
4. Mega Man 2
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
7. Crash Bandicoot: Warped
8. Crash 4: It's About Time
9. Super Mario Bros Wonder
10. Super Mario RPG
11. Donkey Kong Country
12. Ib
13. Pikmin 4
14. Donkey Kong Country 2

Pikmin 4: All around excellent, might be my favorite of the Pikmin games. Oatchi kinda ends up breaking the difficulty of combat, but I think the addition of the Dandori challenges gives a nice way to add difficulty without just having a frustrating enemy encounter.

Donkey Kong Country 2: I liked it more than the first game, but I feel like it has the same problem as the first where it just starts over relying on gimmick levels over good platforming challenges.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Just wrapped up Britney Spears vs. Cartman.swf - Decent little fighter. Not even close to a BLAM, hovering around a 4/5.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

3. Meccano

my kindergartener got some "300 video games in one device!!" for 20 bucks at a Walgreens. they're all inscrutable 8-bit mysteries. in this one, you move some shapes from the bottom of the screen to an area outlined for them above to build a house. if you miss with the shape it honks at you. you get three tries and there are five levels. truly and indie treasure worthy of Bob's attention. 0/5

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

10) sonic adventure (dreamcast, all character stories complete)

sometimes in life you need to sit down for 11 hours and play sonic adventure from start to finish. anyway game good

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

absolutely anything posted:

sometimes in life you need to sit down for 11 hours and play sonic adventure from start to finish. anyway game good

hell yeah

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

dreamcast version ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've had many such days

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Many such cases. Sad!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

4. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dragonquest monsters: the dark prince

this game is very cheap and crude. it performs terribly even though it could run on a ps2, and there is no depth to the monster collecting/fusing. its all very arbitrary

cutscenes are nearly all basic characters talking. your chances of capturing a monster are abysmal until you beat the area, so the game is telling you to run past everything and get to the boss (???). most bosses are easy, but there are some wild huge difficulty spikes. what a rushed terrible game lol gently caress square

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
FEAR Extraction Point

its fine, but it has too many open arenas, which are kinda cool in their own way but in a game with a shotgun as good as FEAR it runs counter to the way i like to play. the interior arenas arent as circuitous as the ones in the base campaign so the enemies cant really flank you, and timegate did some tweaking cause either the AI is more accurate now or the damage values on weapons got adjusted. in base fear i finished it on the highest difficulty no problem but two chapters in Extraction POint i had to lower it to expert, and even then they still killed me in a single volley of fire from a regular smg. that poo poo did not happen once in FEAR.

the new weapons are really fun to use, and i wish they gave you more reflex boosters so you could really go ham with the minigun in slomo. pretty solid all around.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Tetris Effect Connected
2. Alan Wake 2
3. Mega Man
4. Mega Man 2
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
7. Crash Bandicoot: Warped
8. Crash 4: It's About Time
9. Super Mario Bros Wonder
10. Super Mario RPG
11. Donkey Kong Country
12. Ib
13. Pikmin 4
14. Donkey Kong Country 2
15. Donkey Kong Country 3

Feels nice to get through this trilogy at last.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Anbennar Wesdam -> Dameria -> Anbennar

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Like a Dragon: Gaiden.

Fully sick game, it's crazy that this whole game was basically made just to make Kiryu's appearance in 7 feel like less of an rear end-pull and yet they put in a full-fledged story in probably 10 hours or less if you rush it that can stand up to most others in the series. The combat feels maybe the best it's ever been, I wasn't super crazy about Agent style even though it did have some fun toys to mess around with but Yakuza style feels just as good as any in the series but also a little slicker with some more options available to you. Lots of great story moments capped with an extremely sick final boss and a deeply heavy emotional beat. I was worried about the series without Nagoshi but I think it's safe to say that the team still has it.

I was planning on platting this and would have if I got it wrapped up before Infinite Wealth, but now that Infinite Wealth is already out I think I'll shelve that for now and come back to it either after IW or if I start missing the brawler style during it.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 28, 2024

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Punished Chuck posted:

Like a Dragon: Gaiden.

Fully sick game, it's crazy that this whole game was basically made just to make Kiryu's appearance in Gaiden feel like less of an rear end-pull and yet they put in a full-fledged story in probably 10 hours or less if you rush it that can stand up to most others in the series. The combat feels maybe the best it's ever been, I wasn't super crazy about Agent style even though it did have some fun toys to mess around with but Yakuza style feels just as good as any in the series but also a little slicker with some more options available to you. Lots of great story moments capped with an extremely sick final boss and a deeply heavy emotional beat. I was worried about the series without Nagoshi but I think it's safe to say that the team still has it.

I was planning on platting this and would have if I got it wrapped up before Infinite Wealth, but now that Infinite Wealth is already out I think I'll shelve that for now and come back to it either after IW or if I start missing the brawler style during it.

Agreed w/everything here. I even thought about platting it before I saw it involves mahjong & shogi. No thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Actually I take that back - Agent style rules. Upgrade Spider & Serpent Gadget to make every fight a joke. Hella fun