Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

That DICK! posted:

Listing the nazi named guys up front, then going alphabetically and getting bored the second i hit B

lmfao I was scrolling down the WWE's roster website man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

homeboy you dont need to lurk more you gotta get outta here, now

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You know you could just stop.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

delightful posted:

I'm litigating my stupid opinion way too much as it is, but my opinion boils down to "Is everyone guilty because Vince is?". So let's talk about THAT specific point because that's where I think a lot of your opinions are coming from. What percentage of WWE employees do you think were accomplices/complicit/in-the-know-but-didn't-say-anything. If you believe EVERYONE in the company turned a blind eye, then I will change my opinion 100% and say burn the whole loving company down. Someone earlier in this thread said I am naive, I'm willing to admit that's the case. I *want* to believe that the majority of people working for WWE weren't involved. If I'm wrong I'm willing to accept that.

You're just gonna gobble it up when a couple of heads roll from this, at best, and pretend things are all better, aren't you?

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

delightful posted:

I'm litigating my stupid opinion way too much as it is, but my opinion boils down to "Is everyone guilty because Vince is?". So let's talk about THAT specific point because that's where I think a lot of your opinions are coming from. What percentage of WWE employees do you think were accomplices/complicit/in-the-know-but-didn't-say-anything. If you believe EVERYONE in the company turned a blind eye, then I will change my opinion 100% and say burn the whole loving company down. Someone earlier in this thread said I am naive, I'm willing to admit that's the case. I *want* to believe that the majority of people working for WWE weren't involved. If I'm wrong I'm willing to accept that.

according to the lawsuit, vince shared the victim's videos/pictures with a referee. the referee shared it with his friends, who shared it with their friends. vince showed a dozen tech people the poo poo he'd gathered and goaded them to talk about the sexual things they'd do to her while they looked at her videos. vince forced her to have threesomes with himself and a personal trainer at a medical practice he refers employees to. vince gave her to one of his execs as a sex slave. vince shared this content with other wrestlers and forced her to make more for brock lesnar, one of the highest paid and most consistently featured wrestlers of the last decade or so. vince nearly had the victim brutalized by brock by promising that she would service him.

these are the details concretely shared in the lawsuit that one person is bringing against him. she is not the only victim of sexual abuse at vince mcmahon's hands to ever exist in the company; vince has been vince for four decades.

how many innocent people do you think there are, when just one woman was directly or indirectly exploited and abused by - conservatively - dozens of people? when people who didn't partake in her mistreatment but knew about it did nothing to stop it?

the whole thing can burn and the ashes can be sorted out by whoever has enough money to buy them.

Vellius fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 26, 2024

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Man, it’s always the ones you most suspect, isn’t it?

DavidCameronsPig
Jun 23, 2023
Every single person in this thread who had ever watched a WWE show has done more to enable Vince McMahon than any random camera person or sound engineer. At least they took money from Vince, you all gave it to him.

Let’s maybe just reserve the ‘evil fucker’ tag for the actual evil fuckers, eh? Glass houses and all that.

Re; Endevour, this is probably barely a scandal to the poo poo their talent agency IMG covers up on the daily. The entire entertainment industry takes already damaged people and turns them into monsters at an industrial trillion dollar scale. Wrestling is only unique in how exceptionally loving dumb everyone in it is, and it’s not like most actors are rocket scientists on the side.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

mask off moment but the guy wasn't wearing a mask and actually just ran out of the woods covered in poo poo and screaming

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Is that right, DavidCameronsPig

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

delightful posted:

lmfao I was scrolling down the WWE's roster website man

Maybe go back and just keep on scrolling, for like a really long while

A new challenger to the ":actually: WWE is good" throne appears!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Whole lotta words some of you are typing just to say “Yeah, I’m going to keep watching”

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DavidCameronsPig posted:

Every single person in this thread who had ever watched a WWE show has done more to enable Vince McMahon than any random camera person or sound engineer. At least they took money from Vince, you all gave it to him.

Let’s maybe just reserve the ‘evil fucker’ tag for the actual evil fuckers, eh? Glass houses and all that.

Re; Endevour, this is probably barely a scandal to the poo poo their talent agency IMG covers up on the daily. The entire entertainment industry takes already damaged people and turns them into monsters at an industrial trillion dollar scale. Wrestling is only unique in how exceptionally loving dumb everyone in it is, and it’s not like most actors are rocket scientists on the side.

they just keep coming out of the wood work, guess we now know what really rallies the WWE troops lol

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

DavidCameronsPig posted:

No one itt is actually oppressing the hypothetically non-guilty employees you dork

And no, thinking the company is irredeemable also isn't an act of oppressing them

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Alan Shores troll alt makes good points

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they just keep coming out of the wood work, guess we now know what really rallies the WWE troops lol

It'll be like that scene in World War Z, where the Vince apologists just flood into the thread and pile on each other, in order to eventually breach PSP's wall of not defending rapists

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

edit: nvm

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

#STANDUPFORWWEcameramen

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Don’t think it was a dog

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I really feel it’s not the time for the most brain dead epic rereg permaban alt guys to try to stir poo poo up.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I really want to stop watching but I’d be taking food out of the mouths of Cameraman Number Five’s children.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I don't even know what anyone's trying to argue anymore, I haven't watched the product in years and I'm not starting anytime soon but I also don't care if somebody else does. Like I don't think that's "standing up for rapists" or whatever.

As for who else is complicit, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a few more names leaking out of this.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

We’d love to shut down the Heinous Crimes Factory but these people need jobs! What are they supposed to do, work somewhere that doesn’t have a terrible history of absolutely disgusting abuse? Get real!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

I don't even know what anyone's trying to argue anymore, I haven't watched the product in years and I'm not starting anytime soon but I also don't care if somebody else does. Like I don't think that's "standing up for rapists" or whatever.

As for who else is complicit, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a few more names leaking out of this.

The argument is "sure WWE is a lovely company, but they have wrestlers I like working there", which is a justification that has been used on these forums for years by WWE stans to rationalize why they continue to support a horrible company run by soulless monsters.

Or they could just be trolling, I dunno :shrug:

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it's unethical if we do anything besides immediately consoom all sources of WWE content and merch

there are families depending on this business that has aggressively done everything it could for decades to be the only source of a viable income in this industry, nothing to be done!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean I own a copy of Rosemary's Baby. We all have our faults.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

If a wrestler you like works for WWE then that wrestler is a bad person, sorry but that's just how it is. Nobody is forced to work for WWE.

It'll be interesting to see if Maven says anything about this on his YouTube channel, given how much he's stood up for Vince in his recent videos.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

"not entirely sure what's happening in the thread but i just wanted to let you guys know that i am a roman polanski fan"

???????????????????

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean I own a copy of Rosemary's Baby. We all have our faults.

Why would you admit to this, given the context of the current discussion

E: like seriously, I don't get what point you're trying to get across here with your posts

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

stan up for wwpee

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is Smackdown live tonight ? Wonder if there’ll be anything noticeable on there after the news. Crowd wise or who turns up

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Gotta watch regardless, we’re keeping people employed.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Apparently I had not realized just how difficult it is to not watch WWE, or to stop supporting companies run by rapists, or to stop supporting artists or whoever once it comes out that they are rapists

Like, gently caress "separate the art from the artist" when it turns out the artist is a complete monster, just stop supporting them, it's actually not that hard to do

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I really feel it’s not the time for the most brain dead epic rereg permaban alt guys to try to stir poo poo up.

I agree and I think we're gonna let the thread take the night off and come back to it in the morning.

Look: This poo poo sucks. Vince McMahon being a monster who got away with it for decades sucks. The number of people who looked the other way sucks. The likelihood that a bunch of the people who enabled his crimes will completely get away with it sucks. It's impossible not to feel infuriated by it and being fuckin' mad about it is outright necessary.

But we've skated pretty far past the line into just kind of turning it into yelling bullshit now. No one's getting anything out of figuring out who's alt-trolling, deciding if Ilja Dragunov is culpable for executive sex crimes or fantasizing about Vince McMahon being drawn and quartered.

So we're gonna lock the thread and cool off for the night. Erin and MRT talked about starting a thread specifically for the investigations and subsequent fallout just to keep the information contained somewhere easier to read and understand than a near-600 page thread, but to be clear that doesn't mean it cannot also be discussed here when we reopen, we just have to do it with slightly less wishing for death and slightly less jumping down each others' throats.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Turns out those Hot Dad songs about wrestlers being weird pee-obsessed monsters were correct

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Reopening this thread for discussion, but definitely go by Carl's post there. Don't defend this poo poo, but try to post more than just active death wishes and bloodlust. I'm with you all there - it's a situation that's beyond disgusting. There should be a dedicated thread going up with :nws: warnings used for talking about the situation, as well as everything that is known about it, and please try and tag the really horrific stuff with the appropriate tags, of which there is a lot.

Also, yeah, anyone trying to Hand It To Em or defend this company and the complicit nature of it all will be eating a probe at the very lightest. Overall, please direct your ire towards the situation and the people involved.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Edit: I don’t think I said anything against mod request but deleting just to be safe

fart blood fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 26, 2024

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
was up all night wracked with crippling anxiety thinking about how "the viper" randy orton would provide for his family if wwe suddenly went under.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I wish WWE went out of business and Vince and everyone involved had nothing but bad days for the rest of their lives until they die and early death

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Also, yeah, anyone trying to Hand It To Em or defend this company and the complicit nature of it all will be eating a probe at the very lightest. Overall, please direct your ire towards the situation and the people involved.

Thank you EMF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Sugar Blaster posted:

was up all night wracked with crippling anxiety thinking about how "the viper" randy orton would provide for his family if wwe suddenly went under.

Not enough people are thinking of CM Punk. If WWE dies because it's full of monsters and monster sympathizers will he have to go back to getting his nuts smashed by Satoshi Kojima???? Is that fair to the ol Punker?