Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fart blood posted:

It wouldn’t shock me one bit if Cena deliberately went out of his way to never ever know what was going on so that when he says he didn’t know the scope he’s technically telling the truth. Cena ain’t stupid.

Yeah, the guy who showed compromising pictures to the random tech guys and talked about letting them rape her 3 at a time probably didn't say anything to one of his closest friends and top company people, who said how great Vince is and what a Father Figure he was AFTER the first WSJ article came out. Please think for two seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm not gonna lie, I'd be really disappointed if Foley didn't say something. He seems like a good guy, so please don't let me down, Cactus!

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Re:Foley, I posted recently about reading his third book, the Hardcore Diaries, for the first time and I felt his “nice guy with the hot chicks” schtick had long overstayed its welcome. It could all be laughed off as juvenile humour, but there’s so many other stories in the book where Mick is lacking so much self-awareness/reflection that it just made the Divas stuff feel off.

Also back in that book he’s clearly fully bought into Vince as father figure, and I heard he was still making excuses for him in recent podcasts but you won’t catch me Conrading.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

"you should have known" i say as i haul the guillotine out of my rav4 while the 22y/o pa four months out of full sail sobs in front of me "your sins cannot be forgiven"

gently caress you

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

If you do work with a rape charity and it's already public knowledge that your high-profile former boss is a rapist, then you should probably have a statement ready to go and cleared with legal for when more allegations inevitably come to light. So you don't look like a massive hypocrite. I know wrestlers are morons but come on

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It really is nuts how good Vince seems to be at turning that particular screw with wrestlers, the father figure thing.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Open Marriage Night posted:

I help host a Royal Rumble party every year at my friends bar. It’s the only time we ever watch WWE anymore, but now we might just cancel the whole thing.

Also, there’s a lot of people using Triple HGH not being named as an excuse to still watch the fed.

hopefully the identity of corporate officer number 1 comes out publicly

https://x.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1750651440039657579?s=20

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

It really is nuts how good Vince seems to be at turning that particular screw with wrestlers, the father figure thing.

Well yeah. He's an abuser/groomer. Similar vein.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thinking more and more about ashley massaro's incident and cant help but think that is absolutely blood on vince's hands

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
So this could turn into a huge shitstorm if any former employees/independent contractors come forward, is that likely to happen?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
For anyone wondering how Vince has this weird sort of mental hold over his wrestlers, it's helpful to remember that WWE is basically a cult, and that even guys like Jericho and Mox have talked about how hard (but freeing) it was to break out of the WWE mentality when they went to AEW.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
had a guy notice my AEW Elite hat and refer to himself as, and I quote, a "WWE stan." when I told him must be a tough week for him because of the Vince stuff his reaction was "oh, uh yeah...I'm going to the Rumble tomorrow!"

nothing matters.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

fart blood posted:

It wouldn’t shock me one bit if Cena deliberately went out of his way to never ever know what was going on so that when he says he didn’t know the scope he’s technically telling the truth. Cena ain’t stupid.
Total Bellas had John Cena retire to the cigar room with Father-in-law John Laurentius, married to the Bella’s mother, with the old rumours about him sleeping with the Bella’s to get them the job at WWE, I’m sure Johnny Ace had some choice things to say to Cena at some point at the very least.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Zoobtro posted:

So this could turn into a huge shitstorm if any former employees/independent contractors come forward, is that likely to happen?

If it didnt last year when most of this broke originally i imagine it wont this time due to vince and co's reliance on NDAs

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Thinking about the poop underwear on a stick story and how suddenly sexually charged it is

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Thinking about the poop underwear on a stick story and how suddenly sexually charged it is

It's creepy how true this is. It's serial killer stuff

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

That DICK! posted:

Bix's twitter is private atm but he had a couple really sad ones about how the history and booking of the company has to be viewed through that lens. "Why people were hired. Why they were fired. Why certain women were de-pushed or let go. Why certain women got certain demeaning storylines. Why certain women were pushed into storylines with certain men. And so on."

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

For anyone wondering how Vince has this weird sort of mental hold over his wrestlers, it's helpful to remember that WWE is basically a cult, and that even guys like Jericho and Mox have talked about how hard (but freeing) it was to break out of the WWE mentality when they went to AEW.

Much of wrestling works on a cult-like mentality but Vince and his Father Figure stuff is egregiously so. There are many abusive independent wrestling schools that copy his methods wholesale. Lure you in, make you feel safe, make you feel valued, crank up the pressure. When you're out of that environment it's difficult to separate the good emotions and the good memories from the truly horrendous stuff and it is very difficult to parse these parts of your abuser into a single person. For those in the WWE Family™ I don't hold it against them for struggling with this right now or for conflicting things they may have said in the past, but there comes a time where one has a wakeup call about the abusive Father Figure and has a choice to make as to how they'll feel in the future. Frankly, good on Eric Young for realizing it when he did.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Thinking more and more about ashley massaro's incident and cant help but think that is absolutely blood on vince's hands

It's unfathomably horrible. Been on my mind all day.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

https://twitter.com/AIRGold_/status/1750694439431893234

wonder whatever happened to this guy.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

my crew was gonna do a Rumble party with 30 different dips and snacks and I a had a bunch of squash dishes and dips lined up. it’s the only show most of us watch every year out of curiosity and an excuse to hang out; my boyfriend and I decided to bail from it and it sounds like the whole party is closing down. it’s a bummer because it’s always a good time, but it’s also good to know that so many folks are going “yo, nah gently caress this company.”

it’ll definitely be interesting to see how many folks see this as their breaking point, and hooo boy I’m preparing myself for even more really nasty news coming out of this.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Omnikin posted:

I guess I never looked too deeply? I'm part of the complicity problem, I suppose. But now that it's actively flying right in our faces, holy poo poo something has to change.

Reading the Observer article of it all really cemented how heinous it is, but this is the Vince we knew, we just didn't know if that makes sense.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Also thinking about how Vince/WWE would put so much pressure on wrestlers/staff to move near the HQ or the PC and "help" them buy real estate, cutting them off from their friends/family, etc. Literally telling people "We're your Family now."

It's absolutely a cult.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they have been exclusively serving him boots in catering

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Zoobtro posted:

I'd say it's unlikely as most wrestlers for some reason still like Vince or fear he'll destroy their careers if they go public. But given the current makeup of TKO I'd say it's more likely than ever and given its a different corporate environment I could see someone sticking the knives into Vince to hide their own involvement

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Reading back the quotes from the podcast he did with Cabana where they talked about how much fun it was to abuse female trainees, and the fact he was super buddy-buddy with Vince before the initial firing, and the fact Punk seems to love always hanging around the female talent in every locker room.

He's pretty loving suspect right now IMO

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

cm punk loving sucks in what he's become, hope he's happy in the rape company because he got mad Hangman called him out

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JethroMcB posted:

What, Cena hasn't posted some milquetoast quote about perseverance from a $50 inspirational coffee table book?

Cena was on the Today Show this morning and while I didn't see it I would bet a good amount of money he was not asked nor answered any questions about Vince.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

fart blood posted:

1glitch0 posted:

Cena was on the Today Show this morning and while I didn't see it I would bet a good amount of money he was not asked nor answered any questions about Vince.

Like I said about Dwayne yesterday, Cena can (and will) play the part-timer card; "Well, I haven't been significantly involved with the day-to-day of WWE in a few years; my time as a regular performer was wrapping up during the period in question and my subsequent appearances were either during Vince's time away from the company or when he was rarely on-site for shows; while I considered him a friend, I only knew slightly more about Vince's private life than what the public knew, I certainly never had an indication of these behaviors" etc.

My big question at this point: Are the incriminating photos mentioned in the legal brief also on Donald Trump's phone? I remember reading that Vince was a person Trump almost always made phone time for, and that Trump usually took Vince's calls in private, which was a rarity. If Vince is showing this crap off to random IT guys, I have to imagine he'd try to impress his biggest perv buddy by sharing the evidence.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Can stone cold 64 or somebody sim a rumble in 2k and we all just consider it canon. That sounds fun

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

That DICK! posted:

Can stone cold 64 or somebody sim a rumble in 2k and we all just consider it canon. That sounds fun

newlegacy is 26 days into simulating a new rumble every day for january

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cm punk will likely have had way harsher words towards The Miz than anyone involved in this when all is said and done. what a loving loser sellout

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Omnikin posted:

<- this text has like, five heart/laughing reacts to it

i cannot project on how that is a possible response

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Brodie Lee's AEW character was absolutely based on Vince, right down to having his own cult. Vince has a silver tongue, that's for sure.
He's had a stranglehold on his employees hearts, minds and wallets for decades. Even if you wanted to break free there was just nowhere to go to make anything near the amount of money Vince could offer.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

cm punk will likely have had way harsher words towards The Miz than anyone involved in this when all is said and done. what a loving loser sellout

Why would he have such harsh words about a Company Man like that?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

He bought a 4(?) million dollar house thinking he was untouchable in AEW only to get fired with cause.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Why would he have such harsh words about a Company Man like that?

i’m referring to when he told the miz to suck a blood money covered dick

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Drakkel posted:

Also thinking about how Vince/WWE would put so much pressure on wrestlers/staff to move near the HQ or the PC and "help" them buy real estate, cutting them off from their friends/family, etc. Literally telling people "We're your Family now."

It's absolutely a cult.

That was part of the reason she initially signed with AEW. How money changes things

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Maybe Punk can learn from the WWE Universe and just ignore/make excuses about the latest terrible thing that has happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i’m referring to when he told the miz to suck a blood money covered dick

I missed the word "had" I figured Punk loved blood money dick now and that they would be fast friends in the rape company