Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Just think, sometime in the next five days we'll also learn the damages in the other New York trial. The lols this month are plentiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head
I thought that Ben Shapiro Tom MacDonald thing was a meme. I didn't realize it was real. Both those dudes make a fist with their thumbs in the middle like toddlers.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Coolguye posted:

Less likely than you think because this is a jury trial. You would have to make the argument that the jury was given information they shouldn’t have, not the favorite “judge is biased” stuff trump loves. It’s a much more subtle argument that Habba has proven herself incapable of making.

I don’t think that’s true at all. The judge largely controls what the jury does and doesn’t see plus a million other things. The fact that the judge isn’t the sole arbiter of the final judgment doesn’t mean the judge can’t push the trial one way or the other if they’re biased, hence the “judge is biased stuff” will work in largely the same manner.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Bland poo poo-Tiero

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

There will almost certainly be over today, being on a multi-day trial sucks the life out of you, none of the jurors is going to want to come back on Monday.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
Wait, I'm confused. Weren't there supposed to be a jury because team "TRUMP" forgot a checkbox on some paperwork?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Three Olives posted:

There will almost certainly be over today, being on a multi-day trial sucks the life out of you, none of the jurors is going to want to come back on Monday.

I have no doubts this judgement will be massive, i think the only disagreement will be on how massive.

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
If I were a juror...

$1M for every pound of his actual weight, multiplied by the percent he lied about his actual height.

Measured barefoot and naked by a team of independent professionals.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

suction posted:

Wait, I'm confused. Weren't there supposed to be a jury because team "TRUMP" forgot a checkbox on some paperwork?

other trial also they couldn’t have a jury anyway for that kind of trial

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

suction posted:

different trial. NY Fraud trial doesn't have a jury for that reason. This is the E Jean Carrol defamation trial redux.

He has 4 criminal trials and 2 civil trials active right now. it's pretty fuckin hard to keep track of everything

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

bird with big dick posted:

I don’t think that’s true at all. The judge largely controls what the jury does and doesn’t see plus a million other things. The fact that the judge isn’t the sole arbiter of the final judgment doesn’t mean the judge can’t push the trial one way or the other if they’re biased, hence the “judge is biased stuff” will work in largely the same manner.

you are mistaken. it's true that the judge controls a lot of the content of the courtroom, but the question on how their supposed biases affect things is much, much more specific. it is not sufficient to say "the judge is a clinton-appointed ultra-lefty and has trump derangement syndrome" to at least warrant a look at your paper. that is largely immaterial. what matters is, what SPECIFICALLY did the judge do to control the jury's perception? without inputs there that make a surface level amount of sense, it's not even a complete form. this is what i mean by "it's a lot more subtle."

if your lawyer is diligent, attentive, and familiar with not just the case law but also the specific people they would be writing to in this case, that's absolutely something you could argue with a sequence of bullshit events that nonetheless could get a look and delay, delay, delay.

you need only look at closing arguments to know that alina habba and her crew are none of those things.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 26, 2024

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Juror Question: "Do we have to come up with an actual number or can we just say all of his money?"

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

My name is Ben, and I’m here to say. No pussy getting wet when Shapiro come to play.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

6.9bn

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

So they really are all just failed musical theater kids, huh? Every loving one of them.

Not all of them, but a lot of them. It's a Venn Diagram where the three overlapping circles are:

1) Suffered Some Sort of Brain Damage
2) Hated By Family Members (such as parent or spouse)
3) Creative Hack and Frustrated About It

e: For example, Pmurt here falls into the overlap of 1 (from years of stimulant abuse) and 2, Benny Shaps is likely 2 and 3, and Kevin Sorbo is 1 and 3

Asterite34 fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 26, 2024

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

my favorite part of the trial was that when Carrol's lawyers were cross examining Trump, they asked him if the deposition (where he both claimed that he didnt know E Jean Carrol AND where he inflated his wealth by multiple billions) was accurate and if he stood by it.

Trump thought they were asking if he stood by his denial. In their closing arguments, Caroll's lawyers quoted that confirmation and the part of the deposition where he said his brand was worth 10 billion dollars.

Dude got played like a children's game and he didn't even know it.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Regarding Trump being tried criminally for sexual assault, it's past the statute of limitations. NY passed a law when the Me Too movement was at its peak that gave a 1 year window for people outside the statue of limitations to file a civil suit for a variety of acts. So he will never be tried criminally for his actions but has already been found liable for sexual assault. No jail time, but he has to pay $5m to her and its public record that a NY state jury agreed he committed sexual assault.

Of course he is going to have to pay a fuckton more because he can't stop talking poo poo.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

“Your input is not required in this court room, Mr. Musk. Please sit back down.”

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I HAVE REACHED A VERDICT.

tromp is a dumb piss baby

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

RocketRaygun posted:

my favorite part of the trial was that when Carrol's lawyers were cross examining Trump, they asked him if the deposition (where he both claimed that he didnt know E Jean Carrol AND where he inflated his wealth by multiple billions) was accurate and if he stood by it.

Trump thought they were asking if he stood by his denial. In their closing arguments, Caroll's lawyers quoted that confirmation and the part of the deposition where he said his brand was worth 10 billion dollars.

Dude got played like a children's game and he didn't even know it.

yeah that was really funny.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Droogie posted:

tromp is a dumb piss baby

Objection!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hide my yarmulke when it’s time to drop a rhyme. They Made me watch barbie, it was a total waste of time.

Doesn’t matter that I’m short cuz my rhymes are big, [REMAINDER OF RAP OMITTED DUE TO SLUR USAGE]

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Three Olives posted:

Juror Question: "Do we have to come up with an actual number or can we just say all of his money?"

Ron Swanson, attorney at law.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

More like DONNY DOO DOO amirite

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I say they come back before 3pm

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

Bro it’s a Gadsden flag

:eng101: It's actually the Gonzales flag

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_and_take_it?useskin=vector

:lol:

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I’ve never seen sustained used this much against one party in court

In closing arguments, no less :hmbol:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Post itt every time you lol that tucker pissed himself.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

OVERFUCKINGRULED

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Jesus dude do some loving kegels.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Not all of them, but a lot of them. It's a Venn Diagram where the three overlapping circles are:

1) Suffered Some Sort of Brain Damage
2) Hated By Family Members (such as parent or spouse)
3) Creative Hack and Frustrated About It

e: For example, Pmurt here falls into the overlap of 1 (from years of stimulant abuse) and 2, Benny Shaps is likely 2 and 3, and Kevin Sorbo is 1 and 3

The brain damage thing is unironically one of my biggest fears. The idea of getting injured and basically devolving into someone hateful and disgusting is genuinely terrifying to me on a level worse than death.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

No, that's actually how they come. He bought them like that. You can buy them at Calicocutpants.com.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

brain damage doesn’t make you hateful it just removes your filter

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Hollismason posted:

I say they come back before 3pm

They were told that they can't send back a question or a verdict before their 45 minute lunch ends, it wouldn't shock me if they come up with a number during lunch. Trump is clearly a rich piece of poo poo and they just want to get on with their lives.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
How soon until you think that Trump will go after the jurors and try to find and release their personal info.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NoiseAnnoys posted:

brain damage doesn’t make you hateful it just removes your filter

Eh, I've heard both ways and I'm not particularly eager to be a test case.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Jelly posted:

No, that's actually how they come. He bought them like that. You can buy them at Calicocutpants.com.

YOU GOTTA GIVE!

I just…don’t know why she keeps eating batteries….

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
We the jury find that tump owes "no amount of money", because "no amount of money" will make him stop defaming Ms Carroll.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder how Rudy would feel if he ended up owing more than Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The brain damage thing is unironically one of my biggest fears. The idea of getting injured and basically devolving into someone hateful and disgusting is genuinely terrifying to me on a level worse than death.

As long as you have family that loves you and aren't constantly mad about how lovely and unappreciated of an artist you are, you're not gonna be the worst case scenario (Scott Adams)