Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

The brain damage thing is unironically one of my biggest fears. The idea of getting injured and basically devolving into someone hateful and disgusting is genuinely terrifying to me on a level worse than death.

Imagine falling on your bike, hitting your head, getting up and your first thought is "THOSE MORANS NEED TO GET A BRIAN THE ERECTION WAS RIGED AND STOLLEN!!!!!" :byodood: and you've suddenly got this really strong urge to listen to what Ben Shapiro has to say about anything.

For real though I don't think there's enough damage my brain could take to make me some kind of Republican rear end in a top hat, let alone a chud MAGA freak. I wouldn't survive a blow that strong to my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I was figuring the total would be small since the additional damages were tiny compared to the original and then there would be some token punative damages on top of that. But Trump and Habba have done literally everything possible to be unsympathetic to the jury. I want to hope the jury goes back there and start asking, "How much would make this billionaire rear end in a top hat shut the gently caress up?" because that's going to be crazy high.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Eh, I've heard both ways and I'm not particularly eager to be a test case.

kid you’re posting here, we’re all test cases. they don’t call it “something wonderful” for a reason

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I like that Ben Shapiro, infamous user of the Gish gallop, raps by trying to talk very quickly. No rhythm, no ties to the music, just bad disses made up of references to Ben. Which, really, him bringing up WAP at all when he has become a laughingstock for saying that he has never turned a woman on is such an own goal, I am shocked he is trying to reclaim it and isn’t just staying as far away as possible

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1750960001084993578

Oh, Donald is hosed, the reputation repair program is completely separate from the damage she has suffered. How do you value someone's dignity?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Imagine being so bad at everything that a guy who thinks people are gangstalking him sees your poo poo and says "this is pure cringe."

Jim Stewartson legit thinks his posting enemies have people following him, by the way.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Three Olives posted:

Oh, Donald is hosed, the reputation repair program is completely separate from the damage she has suffered. How do you value someone's dignity?

It's worth more than Trump's "brand" lol

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

rotinaj posted:

I like that Ben Shapiro, infamous user of the Gish gallop, raps by trying to talk very quickly. No rhythm, no ties to the music, just bad disses made up of references to Ben. Which, really, him bringing up WAP at all when he has become a laughingstock for saying that he has never turned a woman on is such an own goal, I am shocked he is trying to reclaim it and isn’t just staying as far away as possible

He's tried in the past to lampshade his infamous "aquaman" comments as well, he's a weaselly little poo poo with no self-respect or shame who is still desperate to sit at the cool kids' table.
It's clear by the fact that he thinks saying "oh yeah, well I'm more famous than you!" is a masterstroke every time he gets publicly owned by someone.

I guarantee if someone offered him a writing job in Hollywood in return for dismantling The Daily Wire he'd accept in an instant

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
minutes after he walked out he defamed again

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's worth more than Trump's "brand" lol

Seriously though, I thought the idea was the reputation program was supposed to make her whole by repairing her reputation, but it looks like they get to assign a value to intangibles.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Absolutely wild to see a person walk out of court and talk poo poo about the judge to the media within minutes, after having talked poo poo about AND doxxed just about every single judge who's seen him. And zero consequences

jokes fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 26, 2024

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Could he get hit for contempt of court for this poo poo?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

jokes posted:

Absolutely wild to see a person walk out of court and talk poo poo about the judge to the media within minutes, after having talked poo poo about AND doxxed just about every single judge who's seen him. And zero consequences.

it's literally a consequence trial lmfao

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ImpAtom posted:

The brain damage thing is unironically one of my biggest fears. The idea of getting injured and basically devolving into someone hateful and disgusting is genuinely terrifying to me on a level worse than death.

You'll be fine; have a support network around you, a good sense of humor, the desire to hang on for dear life, and most importantly, the tenacity to hang onto your selves, whether idealized, historic, or current. The ebbs and flows of time's Dirac seas try their damndest to fold you away, but as is your birthright, you are a loving wild organism who by birthright eats, breathes, and shits tumult that the grand loving scheme of things can't even dream of trying to accost you with.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

ded posted:

Lol sue him again, I mean all the relevant parties are already at the courthouse. How convenient!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

AFewBricksShy posted:

I feel like trumbo has been trying to do this so he can possibly get the case appealed or draw it out more. I think the judge is aware that it would create a bigger cluster gently caress. But also no balls on the courts when it comes to rich people is the american way.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

ded posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTeYncx1xmI&t=97s

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

didnt they make a video with the rick and morty characters of some dude talking poo poo to a judge and getting like 20 years for contempt?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Coolguye posted:

it's literally a consequence trial lmfao

the consequences in this trial are not about talking poo poo about/to a judge, it's about something else. how the gently caress has he never been thrown in jail for doxxing a clerk

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

boethius posted:

The trial can never end if he never stops defaming.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Lmao it wasn't even 90 minutes. He already did it again.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hollismason posted:

lol

they're gonna put him on a wheeled platform so they can more easily drag him in and out of court

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hollismason posted:

I can't believe people thought it would take longer than 90 seconds.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

AFewBricksShy posted:

I don't think so, since he is doing this outside of the courtroom. But he opens himself up to further civil suits, obviously.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I hope she sues him again.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Hollismason posted:

I hope she sues him again.

Doesn't she already have a third one lined up for statements that he made after this lawsuit?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Perpetual Defamation Machine

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

redshirt posted:

energy crisis solved, just harness the rage and hate of your favorite president

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

jokes posted:

energy crisis solved, just harness the rage and hate of your favorite president

evergreen: https://www.theonion.com/after-obama-victory-shrieking-white-hot-sphere-of-pure-1819595330

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

redshirt posted:

Pretty Hate Machine follow-up album coming in strong.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jokes posted:

didnt they make a video with the rick and morty characters of some dude talking poo poo to a judge and getting like 20 years for contempt?

yes it's incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN_PEmeKb0

_____!
May 2, 2004

boethius posted:

Pretty Hate Machine follow-up album coming in strong.

Six Foot Three Inch Nails

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There is no 5D chess here. Trump is an important person so he is getting a ton of slack.

As long as he doesn’t physically attack someone he will be fine

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Three Olives posted:

Where can they write in “piss tape”?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
It's like putting a shock collar on a dog in order to get it to stop barking.

If the dog is too stupid to figure out cause and effect are you just suppose to keep shocking it until it dies?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay it's 3 o'clock right now I say they return in the next hour.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Vakal posted:

If the dog is too stupid to figure out cause and effect are you just suppose to keep shocking it until it dies?

LIKE A DOG

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

redshirt posted:

I know the thread title just changed but this is very good

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Vakal posted:

You take it to a nice farm out in the country where it can run around and shout all the defamation it wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Three Olives posted:

Can someone link this image directly for those of us without twitter accounts and refuse to give musk clicks?