Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzzman
Feb 21, 2011
Mission: Impossible

how can i (f26) convince my boyfriend (28m) to wash his hands after peeing?

quote:

my (26f) boyfriend (28m) doesn't wipe or wash his hands after peeing. he sometimes "dabs" the tip of his junk with toilet paper, but i confess a few times i have felt some dampness on my hands when i've touched him, and not from pre-excitement. "it's just piss," he insists. fine - everybody's into something. but i really struggle with the fact that he doesn't wash his hands.

i know a lot of guys think it's no big - you're not reaching up inside yourself, the body part in question is reasonably clean, whatever. i think it's half a matter of hygiene and frankly half a matter of respect and decency - nobody else should have to fear that anything you touch is genital-stained, does anybody know what i mean? as a rule, i try not to shake hands with men, just for my peace of mind. i hate the idea that my boyfriend is one of those very men that make me feel this way. his defense is that he's a cook, and he washes his hands more times throughout the day than any average person. just..... not after he touches his junk.

we're arguing a little bit recently over housework, like our perceptions of "clean" vs "dirty" aren't always in alignment, how we wash dishes, etc. this is totally a tangent, sorry - my point is, i don't want this to be another thing i nag about, and i don't want to be the woman stuck with the manchild. i really love him. we have exceptionally few other issues. is this an acceptable thing to put my foot down over? have any other women successfully convinced their male relationship partners that it's important to wash their hands after peeing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

We just had a title change but

r/relationships: it's just piss

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Well apparently she was waking him up for sex

Imagine switching those two people around in the story and it's a guy waking up his pregnant girlfriend for sex directly in the middle of their sleep time.

Sorry, not sex. Spicy time.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Space Kablooey posted:

We just had a title change but

r/relationships: it's just piss

r/relationships: "it's just piss", he insists

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Pirate Radar posted:

Executor of Estate, wanting to invest/safe guard in Precious Metals for beneficiary.

From his history this dude is into silver, prepping and crypto.

How much guzzoline does a bitcoin get me?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Fatty posted:

How much guzzoline does a bitcoin get me?

classic scenario of seizing the opportunity to force your weird fetish onto unsuspecting friends and family

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Fatty posted:

And also "wilfully misunderstanding what an executor does". Christ, I paid a solicitor to deal with my dad's estate and if she had told me a couple of weeks in "I haven't paid any of the outstanding invoices for the funeral but I HAVE bought you a gold ingot" I would have probably lost my poo poo

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Lol at the idea of sleep being sacrosanct when you have a newborn on the way. The hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life was survive those first 3 months.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

RubberBands Hurt posted:

If an old dude loved their old car, he probably planned for the car's welfare first, and wasn't going to give it to a group of people or his adult kid that can't even definitively state the make/model of his prized possession(and would cash it out without consideration of the sentiment).
He'd likely give it to the family member he thought would appreciate the car for being more than just a ride, or maybe the person who shared some positive experiences regarding the car, or possibly the only person he thought wouldn't scrap it immediately.

And the rest of the cash is possibly just what he had left. It's not his responsibility to equitably disperse his cash value on expiry, it's their responsibility to either respect the wishes of the person they ostensibly cared about, or respect the legality of the agreement and quit trying to treat it like a shareholder dispersement. :/

Kid probably will still have to get a daily driver as well at some point.

I think it would be reasonable for the parent to want to prevent the kid from driving it as their main transportation since a 1950's car is a loving deathtrap and it would be drat near impossible to fully insure the true value if it is listed a being regularly driven by a 18m.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

The Bramble posted:

My (22m) pregnant fiance 21(F) is crying herself to sleep again because of me.

Help me Reddit I don’t mean to call my girlfriend a bitch and also I can’t stop doing it.

My hot take as someone who works nights: if she's regularly trying to wake him up after only 4 hours of sleep she is a "B word".

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Bramble posted:

Lol at the idea of sleep being sacrosanct when you have a newborn on the way. The hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life was survive those first 3 months.

If her argument were “I’m trying to prepare you for when the baby comes” then she could have a point but that’s not in the story.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

If her argument were “I’m trying to prepare you for when the baby comes” then she could have a point but that’s not in the story.

Nothing can prepare you for that. The correct move is to make the most of those last weeks and months of sleep.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

That may be so but the early 20's night security guy who refuses to work days, with a pregnant fiance is both a, and the rear end in a top hat here.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

Shifty Pony posted:

I think it would be reasonable for the parent to want to prevent the kid from driving it as their main transportation since a 1950's car is a loving deathtrap and it would be drat near impossible to fully insure the true value if it is listed a being regularly driven by a 18m.

Oh for sure, that's an extremely valid concern, though it didn't seem to be one mentioned by the parent. But that gets into how much the kid actually views it as a treasured collector's item from his grandpappy, and maybe how much he actually spent time with it in the past, esp with the maintenance covered until he can get some actual driving experience in a much cheaper ride.

I personally wouldn't want that extra responsibility for something with minimal utility at that age, but I don't love cars nearly as much as some. Would likely keep it in storage and only drive for rare special events or maintenance reasons on quiet roads.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Biplane posted:

That may be so but the early 20's night security guy who refuses to work days, with a pregnant fiance is both a, and the rear end in a top hat here.

working the night shift is not the same as “refusing” to work days

GentleReject
Jan 16, 2024

Buzzman posted:

Poop on the flush handle

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Biplane posted:

Hypnosis is fake, friend.

Oh, is it? Then what do you have to say about this?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Biplane posted:

... guy who refuses to work days,...

Tell me you've never been trapped on a night shift without using those exact words.

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Must.. kill... President... Eisenhower...

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Any nice family heirlooms are the rightful property of a rich collector somewhere and the "people" on third shift would just get a nice office 9-to-4 if they actually loved their children, this thread is on a roll

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

8one6 posted:

Tell me you've never been trapped on a night shift without using those exact words.

The original post said he loves his night shift and doesn't want to have it changed, which does suggest that a change is an option and that he refuses to try it

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thanks dick, now I’ll be absentmindedly turning my entire house upside down all day looking for my copy of Catcher In The Rye for some reason

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
"if you don't rearrange your entire life and sleeping schedule to make it easier for your significant other to have sex with you when they want to you're an rear end in a top hat" is sure a loving take

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
No I was just clarifying that the dude is not "stuck" in a night shift, just in a nightmare of a relationship

E: vvv thanks and no sweat either way, my post could've been read that way

Rat Patrol fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 27, 2024

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

dw Rat Patrol the bad take was this one

Biplane posted:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My boyfriend (33M) and I (33F) have finally picked out an engagement ring and he said, “Since I’m buying it can I get out of paying you rent this month?”

quote:

Is this fair? The ring we picked out is slightly under the budget we’ve been discussing for the ring this whole time. He lives with me and pays me rent each month that takes care of 80% of the mortgage payment but I still have our condo fee, all of other bills (internet, gas, electricity, water, streaming services) and groceries that I pay for so it’s not like he’s contributing more toward us living. I do make substantially more money than him but he has quite a bit more in savings than I do right now because he sold his house to move in with me and made a decent profit. Am I being greedy and unreasonable? Or should I just buy the ring myself and ask myself to marry me?

Edit: saying “80% of the mortgage” poorly explained this. What I mean is his rent total equates to 80% of the mortgage, but I don’t have an expensive mortgage. I pay for 70-75% of our monthly expenditures and he’s pays for the rest with how much his rent totals up to.

More additional context: Ring is $3k. We both agreed on this. I offered to pay for half at one point and he refused. Now right before we’re about to buy the ring he’s asking this question about not paying rent.

Edit 2: Thanks everyone for your comments. We are going to have a discussion when we’re back home later. I apologize for not explaining the financial situation with how much we’re both contributing correctly in the original post and any confusion that caused. I’m not going to respond to any additional comments because I’m a bit overwhelmed by how much this blew up but I appreciate all of your perspectives and I am grateful the responses were not all one-sided.

The main post is whatever, I'm sharing it for the cautionary tale in the top comment:

quote:

I told my husband that a proposal in the mountains would be so romantic. This was in the early days of our relationship and part of a casual conversation.

For his birthday that year, he got his friend to “hint” to me that he wanted to be gifted a few nights in this lux Airbnb in the mountains. I paid a crazy amount for his birthday gift and he proposed to me during the trip. Later he boasted non stop about how he managed to make my wish come true with no expense on his part.

Almost a decade on we are in the middle of divorce proceedings stemming almost entirely from financial problems.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

InediblePenguin posted:

dw Rat Patrol the bad take was this one

Seems more like youre just doubling down after being wrong, but whatever.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

Yeah, a 70 year old car is basically a museum piece at this point, and that kid is going to have a rude awakening the first time he rolls through a stop sign, because 4 wheel drum brakes have roughly the same braking performance as rubbing slices of cheese together, particular if they are so much as a bit damp.

Oldest car I've ever driven was an early 1940s Ford, and driving that thing was like going to the gym. No power assist anything in a very heavy vehicle, clutch and shifter felt like they were set in concrete, you had to begin braking way in advance compared to a modern car, etc…

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fairly positive the kid is aware of the performance characteristics of the 50s chevy. If the granddad's willing his "70k" fossil to a grandchild who's never driven or worked on it before that *is* kinda hosed up

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Unless you're the type of person who enjoys rolling up his sleeves and spending every other weekend elbow deep in a loving engine, that car seems kind of like a white elephant. Dad might be right for the wrong reasons here. Just get rid of the loving thing before the maintenance and insurance costs eat you alive.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Biplane posted:

Seems more like youre just doubling down after being wrong, but whatever.

nah you think the dude's an rear end in a top hat for having a nocturnal sleep rhythm, that's super lovely of you. i was replying specifically to your take and should have quoted you the first time. don't know what you think i was wrong about to be doubling down on but ok

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Rat Patrol posted:

The original post said he loves his night shift and doesn't want to have it changed, which does suggest that a change is an option and that he refuses to try it

night shift can also come with a pay premium, when i was working at a fab, it was a 15-20% pay bump for people on C and D shift.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Everyone Sucks Here (ESH) exists as a judgment for a reason.

Girlfriend shouldn't be waking him up in the middle of the "night" (for him) for sex. He shouldn't be calling her a bitch in arguments, and should communicate with her in a more level, adult way.

Probably shouldn't have knocked up someone he's only been with 9 months either but whatever. Surely this relationship will go well.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I know the feeling, I'm a huge rear end in a top hat when I'm woken up, to the point where I've made it a personal rule to engage in as few conversations as I can until I have coffee and a meal. It gets old having to walk back something I don't even remember saying, words from the grey hours in Hell when I'd say anything to lay down again. I've cursed out my own mother.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

tell your mom to stop waking you up for sex

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Unless you're the type of person who enjoys rolling up his sleeves and spending every other weekend elbow deep in a loving engine, that car seems kind of like a white elephant. Dad might be right for the wrong reasons here. Just get rid of the loving thing before the maintenance and insurance costs eat you alive.

It's a sentimental thing they have bonded over while working on it together. Grandad set aside resources for maintenance. There's no indication the son is interested in selling it, mom wants to force the sale to give all the other kids a nominal lump sum.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

tell your mom to stop waking you up for sex

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's a sentimental thing they have bonded over while working on it together.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Buzzman posted:

This topic is always great because there's always so many guys outing themselves as slobs in the comments. Not washing your hands isn't the flex you think it is, fellas.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Approximately February 2020 though June 2020 is the only time that my older brother consistently washed his hands after using the restroom in his adult life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

This topic is always great because there's always so many guys outing themselves as slobs in the comments. Not washing your hands isn't the flex you think it is, fellas.

A whole bunch of them within the first few replies.

It should be legal to throw a bucket of water onto non-washers.