Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Argus Zant posted:

hey, now's a good time to ask: does the medusa work on non-living tissue?

Sounds like it's time for an experiment two years in the making!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

JT Jag posted:

as far as I know, it literally only works on humans

yeah, but i meant: is it gonna work on Tsukasa when he's already dead, and has been for multiple years now?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Argus Zant posted:

hey, now's a good time to ask: does the medusa work on non-living tissue?

The current Medusa only turns humans to stone. We've previously seen that it can be set to other species since it was also used on Sparrows but it doesn't work on non-organics.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Argus Zant posted:

yeah, but i meant: is it gonna work on Tsukasa when he's already dead?

Ah but you forget he's not dead he's just a popsicle that's not dead. Because reasons.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He's not technically dead yet, they put him in "cryosleep"

It's reviving someone from freezing that's the tricky part, and they get to skip that bit due to petrification

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Meet Robota

He's a fun Aleks Le role

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Arist posted:

It's reviving someone from freezing that's the tricky part, and they get to skip that bit due to petrification

now see, i thought the idea was that we had basically euthanized him and then put his corpse on ice to keep it from decaying before we found the medusa device

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
alan

ALAN

ALAAAAAAAAAN

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arist posted:

The weirdest thing about cryogenic freezing is that it does work on smaller animals and it just for some reason doesn't scale up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

okay now i can finally watch licorico i hope i'm not too lost

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

everyone should wear a costume imo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this! posted:

The weirdest thing about cryogenic freezing is that it does work on smaller animals and it just for some reason doesn't scale up.

My understanding is that you just can't evenly and rapidly heat a larger body up to the same extent

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

yeah, like it works on fish, doesn't it? i remember the Fish Center crew mentioning that's how they transported the tank to conventions & back, literally just froze the fish for transport & then thawed them out

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Argus Zant posted:

now see, i thought the idea was that we had basically euthanized him and then put his corpse on ice to keep it from decaying before we found the medusa device

The freezing part is what killed him. It's why Senku has that tearful conversation about killing Tsukasa as he anesthetizes him. It's just that the ice is stopping him from rotting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

okay now i can finally watch licorico i hope i'm not too lost

you didn't watch ep 1?

takina is serious and chisato is genki, that's the gist of it

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Ha ha, the kicks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arist posted:

you didn't watch ep 1?

takina is serious and chisato is genki, that's the gist of it

I had work so I had to go to bed :<

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
love a good Trash Gremlin on a day

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Argus Zant posted:

yeah, like it works on fish, doesn't it? i remember the Fish Center crew mentioning that's how they transported the tank to conventions & back, literally just froze the fish for transport & then thawed them out

An early use of microwaves for heating was to defrost hamsters that were frozen.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Arist posted:

My understanding is that you just can't evenly and rapidly heat a larger body up to the same extent

It's this, anything larger than a hamster is just ill suited for rapid thawing.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Arist posted:

it's like microwaving a frozen burrito and even with that you get cold spots, forget anything bigger :pseudo:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

An early use of microwaves for heating was to defrost hamsters that were frozen.

wait what

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Not a very covert operative, is she.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
"hackers are a bunch of demented otaku with smelly feet"

chisato what are you doing

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 28, 2024

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

just kiss already

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

holy poo poo, i am learning so many things here tonight, that's loving insane yo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

I had work so I had to go to bed :<

I'll try to summarize for real

uh, takina and chisato are lycoris, who are orphan girls who act as secret police. takina was stopping a gun deal but acted recklessly to save a fellow lycoris and the guns went missing, so she got moved to lycoreco, this cafe, with chisato. also the wesker guy secretly blew up the apartment of walnut, the other hacker in the squirrel costume

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

God they're so gay.

Wait walnut is over thirty years old?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SUPERCAR

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's red, just like her outfit!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I WANNA RIDE IN THE SUPER CAAAAAAR

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist posted:

uh, takina and chisato are lycoris, who are orphan girls who act as secret police. takina was stopping a gun deal but acted recklessly to save a fellow lycoris and the guns went missing, so she got moved to lycoreco, this cafe, with chisato. also the wesker guy secretly blew up the apartment of walnut, the other hacker in the squirrel costume

oh also chisato doesn't kill and only uses rubber bullets

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Crank some eurobeat baby

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Walwhat? Walnut!

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Arist posted:

the hacker having done a hack into the secret police network to foul up the interception of the arms deal, mind you, Wesker is unsubtly involved with something regarding the arms deal

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watch this later
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tdiKTSdE9Y

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

THE GIF

THAT'S THE GIF

I KNOW THE GIF

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Arist posted:

oh also chisato doesn't kill and only uses rubber bullets

rubber bullets capable of penetrating a car door, mind you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kazuma Kiryu Chisato Nishikigi has never killed a person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Goddammit, we're getting Watch Dogged!