Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Mega Comrade posted:

Because they don't care? Why do you care?

Because in that zoolander clip, will ferrell's bottom row of teeth are very visibly crooked and ugly. When part of an actor's job is to be looked at, ugly teeth are distracting and uncomfortable to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

Im not sure Ace Ventura is on the table anymore with how it wraps up

Ace Ventura 2 is only pretty racist, in a 90s “actually we’re mostly laughing at the white guys, we swear” way

but yeah, AV 1 is like the Revenge of the Nerds of the 90s in terms of being memory-holed

Actually that award might go to American Pie

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
also one of the naked guns

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Lister posted:

Because in that zoolander clip, will ferrell's bottom row of teeth are very visibly crooked and ugly. When part of an actor's job is to be looked at, ugly teeth are distracting and uncomfortable to see.

Well give Farrell an email and tell him to conform to your beauty standards so his appearance doesn't make you uncomfortable

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kalel posted:

the funny thing is that he's actually absolutely right, this poo poo is a religion for a lot of shut-in grognard manchildren. he knew this and yet he still decided to go in for only one

anyway shame ridley went through that, but frankly my brain immediately went to "puff piece by her agent/Disney intended to prepare her re-entry into the public consciousness to smooth the way for the rumored new trilogy"

Your number one job as a director is making sure everyone else can do their job to the best of their abilities. This is the incompetence level equivalent of a doctor amputating the wrong leg or a McDonald's worker actually making a McFlurry for a customer.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Lister posted:

How long was your blog post about Megan Fox's Thumbs you freak?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Hollywoods insistence to only having the most beautiful perfect people on screen is a bugbare of mine.

I've been watching Babylon 5 for the first time and it's been so refreshing to watch a cast of regular and guests stars who look like normal people and not Gucci models.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Mega Comrade posted:

I've been watching Babylon 5 for the first time and it's been so refreshing to watch a cast of regular and guests stars who look like normal people and not Gucci models.
then they all died. coincidence?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Cubone posted:

then they all died. coincidence?

That's just Kevin Spacey

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Kingo Ligma posted:

Your number one job as a director is making sure everyone has perfect teeth.

fixed

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lol, psychological stress doesn't cause ulcers, that's helicobacter infections, the researchers got a Nobel for proving it 20 years ago

poo poo rear end journalists

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Has the actual Mastodons cartoon been posted itt? Its somehow weirder than they made it sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXU3BC9Zie4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

priznat posted:

Actually OJ was in all 3

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

poisonpill posted:

What some some other fun stunt castings?

Barbara Billingsley in Airplane.

"Oh stewardess? I speak Jive."

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

priznat posted:

Naked Gun 2.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Bunch of grandpas listing 30 year old movies itt

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

I watched Migration last night. It was far better than I thought it would be, mostly because of Danny Devito.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

jazzyjay posted:

Has the actual Mastodons cartoon been posted itt? Its somehow weirder than they made it sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXU3BC9Zie4

I don't see anything weird about this

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
eat your cheese

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I legitimately feel bad for Daisy Ridley and John Boyega (and, to a lesser extent, Oscar Issac) because they are just as capable as Mark Hammill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford but they didn't get to have movies that made them into pop culture celebrities. Oscar Issac, like Ford, is good enough that sleepwalking his way through three stupid films isn't going to do much aside from get him some money and build his brand but the other two should have got a lot more out of being in Star Wars.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

NorgLyle posted:

I legitimately feel bad for Daisy Ridley and John Boyega (and, to a lesser extent, Oscar Issac) because they are just as capable as Mark Hammill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford but they didn't get to have movies that made them into pop culture celebrities. Oscar Issac, like Ford, is good enough that sleepwalking his way through three stupid films isn't going to do much aside from get him some money and build his brand but the other two should have got a lot more out of being in Star Wars.

I mean the two stars of twilight manage to put that garbage behind them and both go on to good careers, so think they'll be fine. I mean outside crazy online star wars fan assholes no once cares about, I've never seen anyone say anything bad about their performances or anything.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Vakal posted:

How many sequels to pure comedy movies are there that are at least as good as the original?

The Jackass movies

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Anyone worried about Boyega should check out The Cloned Tyrone. He's gonna be great!

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 35 hours!)

you all suck

vageuely racist

kindaa of not racist

wisconsin film opinoins

all wrong

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

boyega and ridley are both really charismatic and turn in great performances in all three films

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

roomtone posted:

you all suck

vageuely racist

kindaa of not racist

wisconsin film opinoins

all wrong

do the mastodon quake!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

kalel posted:

boyega and ridley are both really charismatic and turn in great performances in all three films

I agree with this. The films did then dirty by being huge messes

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

thedangergroove posted:

Pacino wasn't in The First Power?

I somehow confused it with some really horrible movie named Hangman. Similar vibe I guess but not even in the same ballpark. I have no idea how I did that.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
alec guiness thought star wars was stupid poo poo for babies and that worked out for his performance so maybe daisy should have tried that mindset instead

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Lister posted:

How can someone have success in film and television over 25 years and never get orthodontic work to straighten out their bottom row of teeth?

heh, hope someone got fired for that blunder

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lister posted:

lol you loving freak

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
his hair is also really weird and crazy too, i can't believe the director wasn't fired for that oversight

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I knew zoolander II was going to suck when the trailer had him misread the title as "zoolander eye eye" and not "zoolander eleven"

What an easy joke to miss

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Mega Comrade posted:

I watched Migration last night. It was far better than I thought it would be, mostly because of Danny Devito.

So anyway, I started migrating.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

sure okay posted:

Literally the only decent scene in the whole movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WezgAlwIdY

Heard his first name as “Yakubien” instead of “Jacobim” and man, what a difference that would be.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

jazzyjay posted:

Anyone worried about Boyega should check out The Cloned Tyrone. He's gonna be great!

I really liked They Cloned Tyrone. Definitely worth a watch

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Goons see a closeup of an actor looking like this and don't think that it's distracting.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL8Ol0C76dQ

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Lister posted:

(Idiocy)

Steve Buscemi posted:

I’ve had dentists who have wanted to help me out, but I say, ‘You know, I won’t work again if you fix my teeth'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

words cannot express how pleased i am it is rich evans discussing this incredibly erotic masterpiece