Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010

Lightbulb Out posted:

i'll trade you two e30s thats like an e60

let's see some pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Elite Taco posted:

let's see some pics

Lightbulb Out posted:

Lightbulb Out posted:

gently caress marry kill

i dont have the e30 318i anymore or the nonpictured e36/5 but here are the latest e30 images

i desperately need new tires for the set of ronal LS i have for the 87 but i have been too lazy to do anything about it

i also need new tires on those kosei k1s

i also need new tires on the team dynamics wheels

maybe next year

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That's a really nice retirement fund you have there

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
Maybe a couple semesters of grad school?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

My first thought was, “drat I should buy that.” I don’t really have advice but I hope you find a decision you’re happy with.

Part of me regrets selling my E90 but I don’t know how to fix my car OCD.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What's car OCD? I have car ADHD

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I also want that E90 hot drat

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
what's an m3 of that era go for these days?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

E9x are like 20-40 depending on condition / options if I look at C&B's recent sales

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

It can very pretty wildly based on miles/spec/condition. Most will be 20-40k like above, but the too examples reach 85-90, and some premium low miles ones will be more like 50-60.

If someone has a rear ended E90 6MT they wanna sell for cheap let me know :)

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

Sab669 posted:

What's car OCD? I have car ADHD

lol whoops, yeah that

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
drat i should ditch the e39 for an e9x

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I have been looking at e9X M3 lately just to see whats out there but a lot of them are DCT and the reasonable low mileage 6MTs sell for a lot.

Not that I plan to give up the e46 anytime soon.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Elite Taco posted:

Tell us more about that e90 m3 and why we should buy it from you.

As far as dumb E90's go it would be difficult to replace. 2011 was the last year of the sedan, and the only year of the competition pack for the sedan. It is blue instead of white, black or silver which made up like 85% of all sedans. It is completely stock, no aftermarket stuff. No accident history, original paint, and just 59K miles. Factory serviced with all the records from day one. It lives in a garage and doesn't get driven in the winters.

Lightbulb Out posted:

i'll trade you two e30s thats like an e60

You are shy like 30 E's

Sab669 posted:

E9x are like 20-40 depending on condition / options if I look at C&B's recent sales

This is correct and accurate. I have pegged the value at 40K; which seems to be what this fella is willing to pay (in cash). That is also the same amount I paid for it 7 years ago which is pretty good and proves the theory I had when I bought this all those years back.

After giving it a couple of days I am not sure I am ready to sell it though. If it wasn't cold out I would drive the car and probably cure myself from wanting to sell it.

EDITED to address the DCT vs 6MT: I specifically bought the DCT. The take rate on the transmissions for both sedans and coupes across the entire production range is almost 50/50 split. Anyone that is looking to get an E9X I tell them to just drive both transmissions. My opinion is the manual is not good. The DCT is excellent. I don't feel any less engaged, or any less driving thrill. I use the paddles nearly 100% of the time. Some people like the manual. That is fine, just don't expect S2000 or Ferrari gated manual. Don't even expect Honda Accord levels of accuracy or feel and you won't be disappointed. The lack of torque my disappoint you but I digress.

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 26, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It has been seven years down to the week since I bought my M3. I am currently having a moment of weakness and have replied to a "WTB" post on the M3 Forums wherein they listed out exactly the car they were looking for, and the amount they are willing to pay which is exactly my car and the amount I think it is worth. I have been giving serious thought this winter to selling the car. It is not to pursue a new car because I am frankly having a lot of fun off roading my big bodied Lexus around. I am looking at starting a business and the extra working capital would be nice to have around. Frankly I don't get to drive the car much. In 7 years it has seen about 18K miles of action. I have told the guy to give me a couple of days to give this some thought.

Fourteen pages of posts ITT and an entire identity.

Is this the end of an era?

Don't be a fool. LOL.

As everyone knows I already own an E92 and I'd pay $45k in a heartbeat today to buy it again if that's what it took. The guy with $40k waiting for you is going to cackle all the way home at that price.

Agreed that the manual on these isn't special enough and the DCT which is indeed excellent suits the engine's insane ability to rev far better. I drove both before buying and it was a no brainer.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Don't be a fool. LOL.

As everyone knows I already own an E92 and I'd pay $45k in a heartbeat today to buy it again if that's what it took. The guy with $40k waiting for you is going to cackle all the way home at that price.

Agreed that the manual on these isn't special enough and the DCT which is indeed excellent suits the engine's insane ability to rev far better. I drove both before buying and it was a no brainer.

Seconding, thirding the points above. It’s a 45k+ example, with real possibility for upward movement if Haggerty has any reputation with their bulls :airquote:

While I don’t feel as wholly engaged with DCT, left foot idle a lot more, the quick shifts are a dream when using the higher revs and makes for the best hooning

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

Somewhat Heroic posted:

As far as dumb E90's go it would be difficult to replace. 2011 was the last year of the sedan, and the only year of the competition pack for the sedan. It is blue instead of white, black or silver which made up like 85% of all sedans. It is completely stock, no aftermarket stuff. No accident history, original paint, and just 59K miles. Factory serviced with all the records from day one. It lives in a garage and doesn't get driven in the winters.

You are shy like 30 E's

This is correct and accurate. I have pegged the value at 40K; which seems to be what this fella is willing to pay (in cash). That is also the same amount I paid for it 7 years ago which is pretty good and proves the theory I had when I bought this all those years back.

After giving it a couple of days I am not sure I am ready to sell it though. If it wasn't cold out I would drive the car and probably cure myself from wanting to sell it.

EDITED to address the DCT vs 6MT: I specifically bought the DCT. The take rate on the transmissions for both sedans and coupes across the entire production range is almost 50/50 split. Anyone that is looking to get an E9X I tell them to just drive both transmissions. My opinion is the manual is not good. The DCT is excellent. I don't feel any less engaged, or any less driving thrill. I use the paddles nearly 100% of the time. Some people like the manual. That is fine, just don't expect S2000 or Ferrari gated manual. Don't even expect Honda Accord levels of accuracy or feel and you won't be disappointed. The lack of torque my disappoint you but I digress.

I would easily pay 45k-50k for that car... this is from someone with an E92 335is and an M3 DCT swap.

$40k is criminally low!

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
Got 'em.

K918
Jan 6, 2022

Good. And you?

are we still sharing pics of our E30s?

K918 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 27, 2024

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Jesus h Christ why aren't these tagged nsfw

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

hell yeah

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

the milk machine posted:

Jesus h Christ why aren't these tagged nsfw

I don't think I've ever seen a blue E30 like that. :fap:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

K918 posted:

You can't just come in here and do that and walk away. We need some details!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just coming into this thread and dropping a bomb like that

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Got drat

:vince:

K918
Jan 6, 2022

Good. And you?

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

You can't just come in here and do that and walk away. We need some details!

hahaha thanks so much everybody. I spent entirely way too much time and money on this thing.

I NEVER post this car online so this is gonna be the most in-depth write-up I've ever done on it. Figures it ends up happening on SA.
I'll tell you all the details as long as you keep it a secret that under the hood it's actually an eta motor :suicide:

I have a 1987 BMW 325es. Kind of rare for an "e" to come with the "s" package.
Although it has the anemic 2.7 liter M20B27 with a redline of 5.5k. It still came with all the performance packages.
LSD, 5spd manual, sport seats, etc etc....

I purchased it about 4-5 years ago in North America. At time of purchase it had the hideous north american "diving board" bumpers. Pic related.

Then, tragically on the crap tires the previous owner had for it, I slide it backwards into a guardrail. Thus, began the body resto-journey I almost gave up on hundreds of times. Euro Bumpers were purchased shortly after.

At the body shop, it was discovered that the frame had been tweaked in probably two previous accidents the car had been in.
So frame bench a couple times, and lots of body work.
After the frame was straightened and body work on the rear completed, the car became an accident magnet and was hit several times after that. Seattle parking lots man....

Since I was basically full send at this point I decided to fill and primer all of the dents around the body. Including the big fat dent I put in the hood when I modeled on top of it. Tail lights were also painted with candy red and then clear coated on top of that. I like the all red look. But other than the paint, stock tail lights.

I pretty much knew that I was probably going to M-tech one it. So I bought the body kit from ClassicEuroParts, it's the same kit that you get from Garagistic, but it had the curved wheel-arch sideskirts i prefered to the straight one. I opted to go with the "M3 Evo Style" rear wing with the gurney flap.

Restored all the black trim with SEM Satin Black, for all you BMW guys out there, it's basically a perfect match to BMW oem black plastic

Then, I started the process vinyl wrapping this car. It was alot harder than I expected because of the awkward square holes in the bumper and the ridges on the body kit. I also hit the Roundel with pieces of vinyl wrap to color match the shade of blue to the car.My favorite little detail.

Seats were also reupholstered. Minor cushion foam repair. Leather purchased from lseat.com

Fin? I think? Idk LS swap when I guess.
It is going to get a cool vintage racing livery on it in a few days, I might update the post when I get that done.

Thanks for listening :) Happy to answer any questions abt the build. I didnt include any of the mechanical work I had to do to it because it was all pretty much back to stock.

K918 fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 27, 2024

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Absolute perfection

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

That looks fantastic, well done dude. Which racing livery are you choosing?

K918
Jan 6, 2022

Good. And you?

Sab669 posted:

Absolute perfection

Awh shucks, Thank you :blush:

Mustache Ride posted:

That looks fantastic, well done dude. Which racing livery are you choosing?

Not exactly sure, something orange pinstripey and white vintage text? Definitely something custom as i have access to a plotter. Open to any ideas you may have

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Wondered what caused the surge in posts, 100% well deserved. That thing is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

My 228i sat at the airport for a week, and despite the new battery the clock lost 2.5 hours over that time. So I probably wasted a battery that was still fine and definitely still have a problem that needs fixing. :negative:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Great wheel choice.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

K918 posted:

Gorgeous.

A roommate in college had an 86 ES. We could break 40mpg with it if we were careful, which we’re usually were not. Such a fun juxtaposition of sport and eco.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Man what an awesome journey for that car. Hat’s off to you goon

K918
Jan 6, 2022

Good. And you?

ThirstyBuck posted:

Gorgeous.

A roommate in college had an 86 ES. We could break 40mpg with it if we were careful, which we’re usually were not. Such a fun juxtaposition of sport and eco.

Literally how? I must be burning super rich or something because that’s crazy efficient. Teach me your ways

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Step 1: Gas has to be $1/gallon
Step 2: Your odometer should be half broken
Step 3: Drive 11 feet behind an 18 wheeler with Skoal in your lip and a cold Mountain Dew at hand

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
you have to do the dew in your hand because there are no cup holders

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

K918 posted:

Fin? I think? Idk LS swap when I guess.
It is going to get a cool vintage racing livery on it in a few days, I might update the post when I get that done.

That is absolutely wonderful

I have a new BMW obsession... BMW 700 sport coupe. I've been looking at them for a while but seeing one in person yesterday, at the Lane Motor Museum, it's even better.

Lane link - https://www.lanemotormuseum.org/collection/cars/item/bmw-700s-coupe-1960/

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jan 28, 2024

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

the milk machine posted:

you have to do the dew in your hand because there are no cup holders

BavAuto sold pretty nice aftermarket ones in specific BMW interior colors!

Anyone have opinions on an OBDII Adapter + Bimmercode or Bimmerlink versus the wire connect OBDII tools?

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 28, 2024

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

BavAuto sold pretty nice aftermarket ones in specific BMW interior colors!

Anyone have opinions on an OBDII Adapter + Bimmercode or Bimmerlink versus the wire connect OBDII tools?

I have a BT OBDII adapter and bimmercode+bimmerlink and it’s been fine for me for just checking the occasional code or keeping track of temp and what not that isn’t on my dash. I think it depends what you want it for? I like that I can pull the bmw codes straight to a pdf on my phone for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
I use a KDAN cable from bimmer geeks + pro tool.

That said, my p3 gauge shows codes on start up as well.

Bimmerlink et al are fine with a BT OBD adapter, too.