Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

mllaneza posted:

Brock Purdy looked pretty happy at the end of the game tho.

I said it in the GDT Purdy was really bad, but he was something way more powerful. Lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The337th posted:

more interesting than that fraud QB in Baltimore yeah

?? Definitely not a fraud QB overall, but yes he's not a top tier player. Still don't regret the team paying him and love watching him even if a SB with him is probably never happening.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Radia posted:

yep, lions fans have no reason to be pessimistic or doomer. i think tonight will be Understandable if i see it, but overall, just a great trend and year

The Lions are in good shape but they were basically in the Superbowl by halftime so it's completely understandable they'd be devastated right now

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs are in the Super Bowl

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’m not reading the rest of this thread but gently caress off with this loser poo poo. Sorry your team couldn’t close out. What a great time for you to go review each frame of the game for uncalled holding penalties to feel better about it.

Bitch.

Hell yes king

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Lions have been dogshit at halftime adjustments all year, the fumble was one thing but I was absolutely not surprised that they went scoreless in the 3rd. I wonder if that's on Campbell or Johnson.

halftime adjustments are fake, games swing against teams when the talent and just plain bad luck turn against you

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I accept other fans hate of my team.

I'm excited and hope my team wins.

Football is simultaneously the best and worst.

Please beat Mahomes :|

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

idk if Lamar will be the same, Mahomes bitchslapped him with that last completion. He's a nice boy and I hope your gimmick reg season mvp QB will be ok.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Fat Jesus posted:

idk if Lamar will be the same, Mahomes bitchslapped him with that last completion. He's a nice boy and I hope your gimmick reg season mvp QB will be ok.

Lamar's the same as he's always been. Great talent but bad awareness a lot of the time.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chiefs are in the Super Bowl

it rules (again)

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

?? Definitely not a fraud QB overall, but yes he's not a top tier player. Still don't regret the team paying him and love watching him even if a SB with him is probably never happening.

just good enough to keep Harbs employed forever

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

maybe they should try running the ball

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The last completion to seal the game felt like it hung up in the air for a million years

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Intruder posted:

The Lions are in good shape but they were basically in the Superbowl by halftime so it's completely understandable they'd be devastated right now

yeah, im not arguing with this. i think a short-term emotional gutting is 100% relatable and sympathetic

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think the takeaway should be strict adherence to stats is just as bad as conservative play calling

That is conservative play calling.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The337th posted:

just good enough to keep Harbs employed forever

Fire Harbaugh and bring in Vrabel.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

can't fire a coach that reliably gets you in the conference game, pal

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/erikstrobl/status/1751807683861135522?t=8lyiD9fLUuiI_MjOPcJTCg&s=19

I hadn't even made the connection. 2024 is a real downer..

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

fire harbaugh and bring in.... the other harbaugh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shyduck posted:

Is it the kicker? Cannot he hit from the low 40s?

Lions kicking game gets really sketchy past like 45, yeah.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I get going for it on 4th in the first half, but I think not kicking the field goal with 6 minutes left in the game down 3 crosses over from being aggressive to stupid.

The FG try was 48 yards, so not a gimme, but probably 80%+ in regular conditions for an NFL kicker. If you make it, the other team can’t get ahead of you by more than one score even if your defense is gassed. If you miss, you’re in the same spot you would be from not converting the 4th down play.

If you convert the 4th down, you keep your chances alive to take the lead with less time on the clock, but the odds of going another 30+ for a TD are likely lower than your kicker getting one shot at a 48-yarder. There was also too much time left to fully run out the clock without some really crazy “sack, sack, defensive holding” type sequences.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Combine the Ravens and Chargers into one juggernaut that shits the bed in the playoffs in unimaginable new ways.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The337th posted:

can't fire a coach that reliably gets you in the conference game, pal

This is the only conference game we got to since 2012. We aren't getting back anytime soon either. This year was our chance, Burrow was hurt, the Steelers haven't found their answer yet, and we only had to play one of Allen and Mahomes all season long. If it's not this year it's not happening. Harbaugh's run his course here and we need to give someone else a chance to take charge who actually engages with what's going on on the field and actively gameplans.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

This is the only conference game we got to since 2012. We aren't getting back anytime soon either. This year was our chance, Burrow was hurt, the Steelers haven't found their answer yet, and we only had to play one of Allen and Mahomes all season long. If it's not this year it's not happening. Harbaugh's run his course here and we need to give someone else a chance to take charge who actually engages with what's going on on the field and actively gameplans.

sorry bro, Lamar needs the stability

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The337th posted:

sorry bro, Lamar needs the stability

Getting rid of Roman wasn't that and his play improved. Now it's time to get a real head coach.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’m not reading the rest of this thread but gently caress off with this loser poo poo. Sorry your team couldn’t close out. What a great time for you to go review each frame of the game for uncalled holding penalties to feel better about it.

Bitch.

Goddamn what a bitchmade loving response

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bucs would have won, don't at me

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

welcome to the big leagues kid

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Hooray, the most boring super bowl imaginable and one I can safely not give a single poo poo about

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

The Football Gods are cruel

There were a lot of fun ways these playoffs could have turned out, yet we get Chiefs vs 9er again, the most boring option

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Getting rid of Roman wasn't that and his play improved. Now it's time to get a real head coach.

if Lamar's not SB worthy, then Harbs seems just fine where he is

steady playoff making presence

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Freaquency posted:

No one cares.

Bitching about penalties over and over is bitchmade.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
as a neutral fan to either team: uuuuggggggggGGGGgggGGGGggggGgggGGGgghhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh loving hell

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

when the chiefs made it to the afc championship after literal decades they lost to tom loving brady
now look at them
lions fans shouldn't be so down about their future imo

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
go niners gently caress kelce

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There is nothing redeemable about the Super Bowl so I hope Andy Reid wins and starts creeping into GOAT territory the same year Belichick shits himself out of the league

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

No Butt Stuff posted:

No one cares.

Bitching about penalties over and over is bitchmade.

Freaquency posted:

lol imagine being two posters who are fans of the most dynastic football teams ever, and going back and forth with this poo poo. shameful

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

on the upside, if SF wins a superbowl with Purdy maybe I can stop hearing about how tom brady wasn't drafted til the 6th round

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

nothing redeemable about the SB, so lets hand the KCFT another trophy and make it maximum irredeemable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Radia posted:

lol imagine being two posters who are fans of the most dynastic football teams ever, and going back and forth with this poo poo. shameful

I have no idea who that person roots for.

I am saying this: gently caress you, the chiefs are in the Super Bowl again.