Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Brock Purdy only had 6 fewer rushing yards than Lamar today lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
She's a pop music star, singing ability is optional

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the taylor swift nfl phenomenon is good only because of the possibility of some local sports talk radio show named like " eddie and the stink" getting besieged by an online army of deranged swifties

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Purdy sandbagged that game v Lamar weeks back

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Papercut posted:

Brock Purdy only had 6 fewer rushing yards than Lamar today lol

that fucker somehow had the spirit of Mahomes in him, escaping from fingertip grasps and darting around like a 4 year old

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Fat Jesus posted:

The daily mail cares.

But why? She's a popular blonde white lady. What do they even dislike her for?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

How one of the most mediocre singers around found herself at the dead center of our culture and a major flashpoint of culture war is really beyond me. Why does anyone care about Taylor Swift going to football games? Positively or negatively?

ratings on one side
misogyny on the other

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Intruder posted:

was that an actual thing here?

it wasn't really all that bad on SA but in other spaces that aren't typically that bad? yeah it absolutely was, and it sucked a lot

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

its weird caring either way about a celebrity relationship when you know those last like 8 months tops

the only variable is how many breakup songs will be on taylors subsequent album

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I feel slightly better about the games looking at Dan Campbell getting absolutely roasted on twitter right now.

The hot takes are gonna be spicy tomorrow.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I vaguely remember something about her going on a hike but walking backwards to avoid paparazzi and I was like jesus that's the most attention needy poo poo I've heard

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

also travis kelce did a pro-vaccine ad so ya know

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

The Puppy Bowl posted:

you'll have to click the story and find out!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

its weird caring either way about a celebrity relationship when you know those last like 8 months tops

the only variable is how many breakup songs will be on taylors subsequent album

it'll be silly when their split lines up with age catching Kelce for good and everyone just blames it on the heartbreak

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Papercut posted:

I hope Trent Williams wins a ring because there's a good chance this is his last game

I hope CMC wins a ring because he owns

Trent will come back, he wants to get the record for most pro-bowl appearances (I think he's tied right now).

But yes.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Intruder posted:

She's a pop music star, singing ability is optional

:hmmyes:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Papercut posted:

I hope Trent Williams wins a ring because there's a good chance this is his last game

I hope CMC wins a ring because he owns

he's already said he's coming back next year

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

he's already said he's coming back next year

Thank God, one more year for Kyle to find an even somewhat decent replacement

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

she sings fine right?

I thought it was just being the most white bread option among pop stars that made it a little weird for this cultural fixation to exist

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If the Niners' draft class this season was nothing but defense and OL I wouldn't complain. So of course Kyle will have them draft a RB in the third round who will end up fourth on the depth chart and inactive on gamedays.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Radia posted:

still lmaoing at the beginning of the season where people were posting multi-paragraph screeds about the sanctity of NFL Football being ruined by these FEEEEEMALES watching the sport

Here?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I didn’t mind the lions 4th down calls because for most of the game the niners D sucked but played better than they had for those downs.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

post the multi-paragraph screeds

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

She does use her private jet A LOT

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Fat Jesus posted:

post the multi-paragraph screeds

it's literally happening right now. it's just a thing, it's nothing new it's just. whatevs.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i really resent the lions losing the game in the manner in which they did. im not even a lions fan, dont dislike the niners either. that hurt my feelings

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Controversial Take: I like Taylor Swift

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The337th posted:

she sings fine right?

I thought it was just being the most white bread option among pop stars that made it a little weird for this cultural fixation to exist

I don't really know her catalog, but I get the feeling it's more the songwriting than the performance. People connect with her music very deeply even if she's not the world's best singer. As far as I can tell, most of her songs are breakup songs, "I'm such a fuckup" songs, or "My life is a loving mess" songs.

The ones I know are catchy. I can see why she's mega popular.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Radia posted:

it's literally happening right now. it's just a thing, it's nothing new it's just. whatevs.

is my adblocker filtering out something or is that a two word multiparagraph screed

D- meltdown material, tbh

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I don't really know her catalog, but I get the feeling it's more the songwriting than the performance. People connect with her music very deeply even if she's not the world's best singer. As far as I can tell, most of her songs are breakup songs, "I'm such a fuckup" songs, or "My life is a loving mess" songs.

The ones I know are catchy. I can see why she's mega popular.

PJ Harvey already did it way better

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The337th posted:

is my adblocker filtering out something or is that a two word multiparagraph screed

D- meltdown material, tbh

From what I'm seeing the article is just the headline again

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the Taylor thing is annoying but that’s on the NFL not on Taylor herself. She’s just trying to support her boyfriend while the NFL tries to cynically exploit it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1751739875672326531?s=20

Good Lord

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I'm fine with Taylor, Snow On The Beach is a really pretty song. That said the only good and tolerable repeated cutaways to notable people in the crowd were The Observers to promote Fringe.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the Taylor thing is annoying but that’s on the NFL not on Taylor herself. She’s just trying to support her boyfriend while the NFL tries to cynically exploit it

Come on, she's not naive, she knows what's happening. They're both boosting their respective brands

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

birdstrike posted:

I didn’t mind the lions 4th down calls because for most of the game the niners D sucked but played better than they had for those downs.

imo going for it was fine but they should have run it

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

the biggest part of success is believing in yourself

no not like that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

The337th posted:

she sings fine right?

yeah she's a fine singer. has some absolute bangers, but it has nothing to do with her singing ability or voice quality

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yeah do WRs just call for the ball every play? Dude is double covered and running toward a third defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Case in point, she looked visibly annoyed today when CBS stuck a camera on her for like 10 seconds straight out of a break and even mouthed something to the extent