Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

rodbeard posted:

Restaurant fries al started adding gluten to help them maintain texture when they cool off because everyone is ordinary way more delivery than they used to. It's bullshit

Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
freeze. freeze first. thats why in and out fries are inferior, they freeze nothing

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

digital penitence posted:

hello, old friend. It's been so long!

Praise jesus. I've tried a bunch of other brands during the famine and they're all so much worse.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

bob dobbs is dead posted:

freeze. freeze first. thats why in and out fries are inferior, they freeze nothing

I thought it was because they single fry.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
blanch, freeze, second fry, thats the mcdonalds way

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't think the freeze is the important part.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it is actually pretty important

https://www.seriouseats.com/perfect-french-fries-recipe#toc-freezing-fries-for-a-fluffy-interior

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Nah. It's just frying twice. I'd imagine McDonald's does that purely for logistical reasons.

Not to mention all of the other poo poo they add to their fries.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Nah. It's just frying twice. I'd imagine McDonald's does that purely for logistical reasons.

Not to mention all of the other poo poo they add to their fries.

Nah even the triple cooked chip technique requires freezing or similar after the first cook.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Never heard of a triple cook.

Has anyone ever... no... they couldn't, it's impossible. Has anyone done a quadruple cook? :ohdear:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Never heard of a triple cook.

Has anyone ever... no... they couldn't, it's impossible. Has anyone done a quadruple cook? :ohdear:

I literally just did this week, it’s a Kenji recipe. No freezing though he says you can for logistical reasons.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bird with big dick posted:

I literally just did this week, it’s a Kenji recipe. No freezing though he says you can for logistical reasons.

:psyduck:

You're a monster.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The whole point is to have a warm moist creamy center with a crispy outside, freezing would help break down make ice crystals that break down the middle so I'll buy it

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Kids are starting to remember battered fries, so trying to emulate a McDonald's may not scratch the itch

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Battered fries suck. Hate when I get those crumby fries

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Woah, yeah. $2.70 off. Also the Fitcrunch bars are $6 off. I might have to make a Costco run soon.

I have been waiting for those to go on sale again, I’m going to stock the hell up. Starting kitchen renovations in about a month so protein bars are going to go from ‘breakfast once or twice a week’ to ‘probably daily’.

Gonna be annoying walking home with like eight boxes of them, but I’ll do it for savings.

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

Don't kiss your sister, Son...

Paul Proteus posted:

I bought a TV 2 years and 2 months ago and just signed myself on the warranty website after it died. No issues waiting to set it up. Made the claim - let's see if it's a pain!

I had to do this with a 3 year old LG OLED that started to die (a band of discoloration developed at the top). I forgot the warranty existed until I went to look at my old email from where I ordered it. I think ordering online helped streamline it since they sent a corresponding email directly from SquareTrade when I bought it saying I was already registered.

The claim was quite simple. There was some back and forth where I had to send pictures and a video of the TV, but in 3-4 days they cut me a check for the price of the latest LG OLED model and said keep the dying TV. They have some options where they send you a TV directly which confused me, but it's not mandatory. So now the old one is in the bedroom until the problem gets bad enough to dump it, and a brand new TV is in the living room.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Smugworth posted:

The whole point is to have a warm moist creamy center with a crispy outside, freezing would help break down make ice crystals that break down the middle so I'll buy it

It's, as far as I understand, important for sashimi because of that too. (on top of making sure parasites are killed off).

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

first party recipe, btw:

https://bachans.com/blogs/recipes/classic-seattle-teriyaki-beef

never seen it without marinading overnight in actual places, tho, but that may just be restaurant logistics things

Made this for dinner after buying the sauce for the first time. Very good, thanks for sharing!

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Ayndin posted:

Gonna be annoying walking home with like eight boxes of them, but I’ll do it for savings.

Costco can solve this for you, if you let it.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7302153549381651742

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Went back to his car instead of doing this inside the costco, to hide his shame.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
a dog would be nice right about now

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Had the cookie. There's no practical reason for it to be that big unless you're sharing, but I don't have enough self control for it to survive the car ride home.

I guess it was good but it was only worth it for as long as it was still warm and crispy.

e: also somehow my 5 year old, 40 pound son ate 2 full Costco corn muffins for breakfast the other day. I'll never understand kids and the bottomless pits that are their stomachs.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 29, 2024

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Renegret posted:

e: also somehow my 5 year old, 40 pound son ate 2 full Costco corn muffins for breakfast the other day. I'll never understand kids and the bottomless pits that are their stomachs.

Growth spurts. Sometimes my young kids surprise me too.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Renegret posted:

Sounds like someone is having a growth spurt. It's a good thing you go to church, because you'll need Kirkland sized packages just to feed the little monster (my 8 year old is going through one now)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
That's gonna be my excuse too whenever I binge eat a Costco sized bag of something in two days. Which is the reason I don't buy the peanut butter pretzels anymore.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Renegret posted:

Had the cookie. There's no practical reason for it to be that big unless you're sharing, but I don't have enough self control for it to survive the car ride home.

I guess it was good but it was only worth it for as long as it was still warm and crispy.

This guy seems to actually be upset that he's got more cookie than he can handle

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Also I just wanna say this: I just wanna say I love Costco.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

went this weekend and had the worst pepperoni slice. paper thin crust in the middle so no structural integrity, and left an entire plate of grease behind. lame.

they also didn't have the Mission tortilla chips or the PB pretzels. (or maybe they did and they were just back in frozen or something, who knows)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Toxic Mental posted:

This guy seems to actually be upset that he's got more cookie than he can handle

It's not that I can't handle it.

It's that I shouldn't handle it.

I can't be trusted around food.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
costco pharmacy has wegovy and zepbound. lovely names they may have but they work

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
whenever they get orforglipron to market and approve oral semaglutide for weight loss, they're gonna have that too

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They're going to find out in 5 years that semaglutide gives you supercancer

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

... and that Costco hotdogs cure it

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

I keep reading this as smegmaglutide.

It works but there's huge problems with rebound weight gain when you stop, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's loving with your expression of GLP1 receptors with continuous use.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

There are also growing reports of Ozempic having depression and suicidal thoughts as a possible side effect.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

they also didn't have the Mission tortilla chips

I usually get the huge 5 pound bag of Las Fortunitas tortilla chips, mostly because I like that they put a minimal amount of salt on it.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I usually get the huge 5 pound bag of Las Fortunitas tortilla chips, mostly because I like that they put a minimal amount of salt on it.

I didn't see any tortilla chips, which is why I bet they were just back in produce or some poo poo.

(I got some at Sam's instead, which had everything on my list lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I really like the Kirkland Signature tortilla chips. I recall only having the Mission Tortilla Strips available at some point and they sucked for what I was trying to do (basic nachos).
Can someone provide a tier list?