Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

rotinaj posted:

I always want to ask dudes like this, what exactly is your strategy here

A girl flipped you off, and that will somehow give you the ammo to ruin her life? I realize he just was raging out and not thinking, but I would love to hear how a connects to b.

I am a pretty casual finger waver, because I am a large man, but one time a dude started drifting his car into my lane while staring at me after I flipped him off, and I was unsure exactly what this threat was. I drive a fuckin’ cheap car, and his was nicer than mine. Do you really want to play this game?

These people don't think with logic: it's all ego and pathological narcissism, and a culture that constantly tells them by being a man they are inherently superior

They have a right to treat people like her like lower beings, how dare she insult them in any way. I'LL SHOW HER! I'LL RUIN HER LIFE!

on and on it goes.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ralph Hurley posted:

I saw my dad do the same thing when we were hanging out by a lake one summer but when the guy in the car did his angry u turn to presumably threaten to beat up my dad, his dumb rear end drove right into the lake and we got the gently caress out of there. In hindsight probably not worth the risk but that poo poo was funny as hell.

Lmao that's hilarious

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

rotinaj posted:

A girl flipped you off, and that will somehow give you the ammo to ruin her life? I realize he just was raging out and not thinking, but I would love to hear how a connects to b.

I am a pretty casual finger waver, because I am a large man, but one time a dude started drifting his car into my lane while staring at me after I flipped him off, and I was unsure exactly what this threat was. I drive a fuckin’ cheap car, and his was nicer than mine. Do you really want to play this game?

Being a big wall of meat probably gives a lot of leeway for things like that lol. I also love the idea of someone wanting to scrape their nice car into a clunker. "Go on, do it, I'm not paying for new paint or dents."

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Ralph Hurley posted:

I saw my dad do the same thing when we were hanging out by a lake one summer but when the guy in the car did his angry u turn to presumably threaten to beat up my dad, his dumb rear end drove right into the lake and we got the gently caress out of there. In hindsight probably not worth the risk but that poo poo was funny as hell.

lol, there's nothing more satisfying than instant karma

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TulliusCicero posted:

These people don't think with logic: it's all ego and pathological narcissism, and a culture that constantly tells them by being a man they are inherently superior

They have a right to treat people like her like lower beings, how dare she insult them in any way. I'LL SHOW HER! I'LL RUIN HER LIFE!

on and on it goes.

Yeah but i love seeing those meltdown in public videos where they will detail out their whole plan

Okay angry man, you have a picture of a woman doing her job, what’s your next step

I WIL PUT HER PICTURE ON FACEBOOK AND EVERYONE WILL HATE HER

Okay, probably, because your Facebook circles are shitheads, but why will they hate her

THEY WILL BE ABOE TO SEE THE EVIL IN HER EYES AND WE CAN GET HER FIRED

Oh, okay, that makes a lot of sense. Vibes based vigilante justice

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

cr0y posted:

Vivek chimes in

But also no one watches the Superbowl because it's woke

soooo are we allowed to make 7-11 jokes if he himself reply guyed to Bab Bee's post?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

rotinaj posted:

Yeah but i love seeing those meltdown in public videos where they will detail out their whole plan

Okay angry man, you have a picture of a woman doing her job, what’s your next step

I WIL PUT HER PICTURE ON FACEBOOK AND EVERYONE WILL HATE HER

Okay, probably, because your Facebook circles are shitheads, but why will they hate her

THEY WILL BE ABOE TO SEE THE EVIL IN HER EYES AND WE CAN GET HER FIRED

Oh, okay, that makes a lot of sense. Vibes based vigilante justice

Then we're going to build a wall around Grey Cat's house!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
My ex-girlfriend got punched in the face in Chicago for some stupid traffic altercation. Real cool, America.

I don't know why I can't help but bring this up but at the self-checkout yesterday (in a liberal state) I pulled up next to some dude finishing up his selections. His last item was alcohol and he immediately turns around making his "exasperated" face and I notice he's wearing some kind of grey/black American flag t-shirt.

Like 5 foot 6 slightly pudgy dude with what I can only describe as chud-face. I immediately had to hold back laughter because this whole dude's life and identity can correctly be assumed in the first five seconds of meeting him. I had alcohol as well so we basically walked out together and as I slide into my Mazda he predictably crawls into the lifted diesel monstrosity carpeted in American flags that I'm parked directly in front of. The daily reminders of the absolute absurdity of compensation these clowns need. I have never felt like more of a man than I do just walking around these days. It's hard to care about how your hair looks or what you're wearing when these guys are out walking around making everyone else look amazing by comparison.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

rotinaj posted:

This guy has a law lesson for you.

quote:

The pro-Trump man finally decides to call the cops, claiming, “When you flip somebody off, it’s assault.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeKDEvxQx_8

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Muh freedom of speech! No! Not you, just me!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Can coaches get CTE?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1751989477289947488?s=20

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So is Saban gonna run for Tuberville's Senate seat? I hope so.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

It's called Tuber Syndrome yes

Sudden onset Brain injury

Symptoms include: jumping out of windows, wreckless aggression and stubborness

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 29, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Frank Frank posted:

Muh freedom of speech! No! Not you, just me!

Fingers can't speak, checkmate librlols. :smuggo:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
potato-brained man literally named Tuberville, writers got incredibly lazy this season

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao they also say if you call them an idiot it's assault

They are just defending themselves or freedom when they do things to you though

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

soooo are we allowed to make 7-11 jokes if he himself reply guyed to Bab Bee's post?

Do you really need it explained to you that making racist jokes is bad regardless of the context?

You can easily make fun of Vivek for being ok with racists making jokes about him without making those same jokes yourself.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

explosivo posted:

My anger at the taylor swift situation is targeted towards the TV studios who clearly want that shine to rub off on them if they just keep cutting to her. I know she has nothing to do with the fact that they have cameras trained to her for the entire game to switch to whenever she so much as moves because they desperately want young girls to watch football and I guess that's how they think it'll happen? She's just the most popular person on earth trying to attend a football game.

Edit: it's not even anger it's just like "jesus, let her be"

Other than the fact that it's the same person every time this team plays, the major sporting events have ALWAYS had cameras on the celebrities that show up, and have periodically cut to them during the games. This is nothing new. The only thing different in this case is how enraged the right-wing weirdos are about them doing the same thing that they've always loving done and nobody cared.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I love how dudes like this never start poo poo with dudes like me unless they are unaware of what I look like

One of these chuds tried it after he was an enormous cock to me driving, cutting me off while we were going through a construction zone, and they always get so keyed up and repeatedly yell the same little line they think is so good. In this dude’s case, the “touch me” while he is visibly shaking.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The correct response to road rage is to point and laugh at the other driver

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

The correct response to road rage is to point and laugh at the other driver

Also acceptable is the faux crying hands and a big exaggerated boo-boo face before laughing more at them

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

PhazonLink posted:

Hey, can I say the N-word if black people are allowed to say it?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

arent a handful of single digit or even just barely 2 digit deaths per year normal? (usually from live fire and training) , weird how Dem terms have this an impeachable offense will Don and an R prez can ignore much much higher numbers.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Go on, call Mace Windu the N-word. Do it.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It's okay, I have an Indian friend.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah I agree with that. I still want a jessie waters bitch fest.
Also I am a dumbass for not noticing this before but they don’t seem to go after NEW stuff in general. Yeah many will write it and other shows as degenerate woke stuff but they mostly obsess over remakes or old continuing franchises then anything new, because they live only in the past. The Disney hate also ties into it because it’s not THEIR Disney or something.

It's because that weaponized fascist-appealing nostalgia is all they have to build their empires of dirt on. When you live entirely in the past and can't create anything new for yourself, the terrible trash of your childhood becomes sacred and any attempt to remake it in any way is heresy that needs to be exterminated. The only "new" property I've seen them go after and manage to bring down was something like High Guardian Spice, the first original Chrunchyroll anime series and the only reason that happened was because anime fans are loving rabid voles on a good day and it already legitimately sucked so it was easy to dogpile on.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nine-gear crow posted:

It's because that weaponized fascist-appealing nostalgia is all they have to build their empires of dirt on. When you live entirely in the past and can't create anything new for yourself, the terrible trash of your childhood becomes sacred and any attempt to remake it in any way is heresy that needs to be exterminated. The only "new" property I've seen them go after and manage to bring down was something like High Guardian Spice, the first original Chrunchyroll anime series and the only reason that happened was because anime fans are loving rabid voles on a good day and it already legitimately sucked so it was easy to dogpile on.

yeah. if something is actually good and is new. they will get bored really quick because people bite. its why hazbin/helluva boss/etc are mostly untouched outside weird trad cath types. the culture war chuds work best when its something like ghostbusters 2016/velma where the movie is garbage for like 300 different reasons but the chuds can scream divirsity was the reason and the studio call any actual criticism from non chuds bigotry

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I studied the blade of fighting words and borderline legal aggression so I can be a KING OF ROAD RAGE, which is still jailable

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ralph Hurley posted:

and that driver was Madison Cawthorn

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

PhazonLink posted:

weird how Dem terms have this an impeachable offense will Don and an R prez can ignore much much higher numbers.

rules for thee, not for me

point it out I'll loving reeeee

that prior line was insufficiently twee

dervival fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 29, 2024

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Man that video that was posted :hmbol:

Calls her a defect in the gene pool, she responds with "Sweetie you have no hair" fucker LOSES it and almost cries

Lmao

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

cr0y posted:

Vivek chimes in

But also no one watches the Superbowl because it's woke

Doesn't this guy have another groady comic book guy stream he's running late for? Who gives a gently caress what he has to say anymore?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

As a sign that perhaps the wheel really is turning on Trump and this insane period of American history, here's a quote from a Reagan appointed US Federal Judge in regards sentencing someone on J6 related charges:

quote:

“The Court is accustomed to defendants who refuse to accept that they did anything wrong,” Lamberth said. “But in my 37 years on the bench, I cannot recall a time when such meritless justifications of criminal activity have gone mainstream. I have been dismayed to see distortions and outright falsehoods seep into the public consciousness. I have been shocked to watch some public figures try to rewrite history, claiming rioters behaved ‘in an orderly fashion’ like ordinary tourists, or martyrizing convicted January 6 defendants as ‘political prisoners’ or even, incredibly, ‘hostages.’ That is all preposterous. But the Court fears that such destructive, misguided rhetoric could presage further danger to our country.”

This is in response to Republicans lately referring to the people in jail as "hostages".

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

dervival posted:

rules for thee, not for me

point it out I'll loving reeeee

lol

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Locator posted:

Other than the fact that it's the same person every time this team plays, the major sporting events have ALWAYS had cameras on the celebrities that show up, and have periodically cut to them during the games. This is nothing new. The only thing different in this case is how enraged the right-wing weirdos are about them doing the same thing that they've always loving done and nobody cared.

It's the right-wing cancel culture. They canceled her for wanting people to register to vote, so she shouldn't be seen. That is what they're parroting with Swift and not understanding why it's even less effective than the usual "cancelations".

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think "reeeeee" is pretty much an ableist slur as well and shouldn't be used.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Cat Hassler posted:

loving lol I was looking through this cool book that is a day by day WTF of things that happened during the Reagan presidency and saw this

Lol, simping for Russia since '88

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

LifeSunDeath posted:

holy poo poo this looks just like the guy with the trump hat who did the same thing
https://packaged-media.redd.it/j70v...5abfe50dcf3#t=0

The guy appears to use sign language in part of the clip maybe hearing impaired or something? Although I dont know how that would cause him to misuse public transportation this way

zone
Dec 6, 2016

redshirt posted:

As a sign that perhaps the wheel really is turning on Trump and this insane period of American history, here's a quote from a Reagan appointed US Federal Judge in regards sentencing someone on J6 related charges:

This is in response to Republicans lately referring to the people in jail as "hostages".

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think "reeeeee" is pretty much an ableist slur as well and shouldn't be used.

First I’m hearing of this, do only disabled people reeeee?