Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, I don't think he should be serving any prison time. I don't see that he actually did anything illegal. At the very least he did nothing morally wrong.

JURY NULLIFICATION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

cr0y posted:

Vivek chimes in

But also no one watches the Superbowl because it's woke

No one with any kind of influence or platform is allowed to endorse presidential candidates? Sounds great to me!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Serious_Cyclone posted:

these lapses in :smugdon: Truths (TM) imply that his copy/paste ELECTION INTERFERENCE!, PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT!, IMMUNITY! posts are not on an automated schedule and he's actually manually copy/pasting these into an app and sending them out at 3am

trump does not copy/paste, every one of those perfect sentences emerged as original thoughts from his magnificent genius brain and were hand crafted by his beautiful fingers hitting the letters in ways nobody has ever seen before

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

cr0y posted:

Vivek chimes in

But also no one watches the Superbowl because it's woke

Apparently the chiefs have estimated they have made over 300 mil in additional merchandise sales thanks to swift. But GO WOKE GO BROKE right

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, I don't think he should be serving any prison time. I don't see that he actually did anything illegal. At the very least he did nothing morally wrong.

US federal law prohibits the disclosure of personal tax information except under extremely limited circumstances

This is not one of those circumstances. Beyond that, he took the job with the intent purpose of committing a crime so like, dude was screwed

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

There is clearly a large contingent of GOP voters and officials, who while not the majority are enough of about 40% that actively loving hate Trump and want him and his circus of MAGA wierdos and freaks to leave

If this keeps up the GOP is in DIRE straits.

There's probably a few Republicans that are willing to just eat a 1984 loss to excise the chud tumor in seats across the country.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Speedboat Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/JasmineForUS/status/1751844949560004654

A friend in Colorado texted me that Lauren Boebert was 5th place in a straw poll. Lmfao she's hosed.

She can simply throw a hot dog party for all the hostile constituents and get rid of them in one fell swoop

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Meatball posted:

There's probably a few Republicans that are willing to just eat a 1984 loss to excise the chud tumor in seats across the country.

If there are, they are dark matter as far as polling is concerned

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

LifeSunDeath posted:

that's loving bullshit, loving rich people constantly cheat on taxes and nothing happens, but anyone under that 100million net worth gets crucified for exposing them.

Yes because even if the establishment doesn't like Trump, they like the idea of having their financial dirty laundry aired publicly even less.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Isn't Trump org judgment suppose to happen today or by the 31st?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

B-Rock452 posted:

Apparently the chiefs have estimated they have made over 300 mil in additional merchandise sales thanks to swift. But GO WOKE GO BROKE right

And that's just the incidental stuff. The NFL marketing department probably has an office full of people working full-time pleading for Taylor to sign some kind of merchandising deal with them.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
She straight up doesn't need the NFL's money and probably doesn't want to be associated with their brand TBH

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

A carpetbagging maneuver like Boebert's might be one of the few things that get the GOP to take action against HFC, like George Santos explicitly robbing GOP donors. An incredible amount of shamelessness and damage to credibility is afforded to MAGAs in office, so long as they are contained. Boebert is taking HFC ineptness and making it airborne.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hollismason posted:

Isn't Trump org judgment suppose to happen today or by the 31st?

Engoron said he'd probably have the ruling before February.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

She straight up doesn't need the NFL's money and probably doesn't want to be associated with their brand TBH

Yeah seems like she has the business side of her stuff pretty well figured out.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

kazil posted:

Engoron said he'd probably have the ruling before February.

So next couple of days, hopefully

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The brain worms are so loving weird. A popstar that once said "go out and vote" is dating a football player in the Super Bowl and now there is a conspiracy circle jerk that it was all a setup so that after the game they will run on the field and endorse Biden? And that her fans are going to latch on to that and mindlessly show up to vote 10 months from now and that will decide the election? I would be shocked if she spent more than 10 seconds thinking about the American political landscape in the last month. Stop being so loving weird.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Wow the Biden-appointed judge who convicted the IRS guy said some pretty gross poo poo.

quote:

Judge Ana Reyes highlighted the gravity of the crime, saying multiple times that it amounted to an attack against the US and its legal foundation.

“What you did in attacking the sitting president of the United States was an attack on our constitutional democracy,” Reyes said. “We’re talking about someone who … pulled off the biggest heist in IRS history.”

The judge compared Littlejohn’s actions to those of the January 6, 2021, Capitol attack, noting that, “your actions were also a threat to our democracy.”

“It engenders the same fear that January 6 does,” Reyes added.

I mean, I can see clearly the 'This is a crime regardless of who the information was about.' argument, obviously. Straight up comparing it to Jan 6?

Rescue Toaster fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 29, 2024

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

redshirt posted:

As a sign that perhaps the wheel really is turning on Trump and this insane period of American history, here's a quote from a Reagan appointed US Federal Judge in regards sentencing someone on J6 related charges:

This is in response to Republicans lately referring to the people in jail as "hostages".

Woke-rear end Reagan appointees

zone
Dec 6, 2016

I'm surprised this tangerine gently caress even knows who Javert is.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trump is a new Yorker, he loves big bombastic musicals like Les Mis, Phantom, and Cats

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

zone posted:

More importantly, how did he pronounce Javert?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Grey Cat posted:

More importantly, how did he pronounce Javert?

:yooge: "yogurt"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

zone posted:

He probably doesn’t, his lawyer does

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I assume trump loves broadway musicals

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

chuds will bash swift in the same breath they cheer losers like kid rock/tucker/trump literally having walkouts with dana white and getting cut to every 5 minutes in ufc. they are mad they aren’t popular.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

His handlers play music from Cats to calm him.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just Cats.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Jellicle they say. All the cats are saying this.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Faustian Bargain posted:

chuds will bash swift in the same breath they cheer losers like kid rock/tucker/trump literally having walkouts with dana white and getting cut to every 5 minutes in ufc. they are mad they aren’t popular.

In their hearts, they know they are losing.

Hence, the constant outrage. Last, desperate gasps of dying losers.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'm not a rum tum tugger I'm NOT!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Maybe, but I have doubts he could or would give you a good plot summary five minutes after seeing one

“They locked a man up, very unfair, just as unfair as what they are doing to me, rigged and stollen in the case of the miserables”

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Yeah I thought it was suppose to be today.

He needs more time to write giant zeroes for the judgment using sharpies, on something big enough for Trump to see. Otherwise trump will believe he owes $83.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
There's a clip of Swift from like 8 months ago where she's saying to her dad "I have to get involved. The Republicans today aren't like when you were a kid, this is happening on the home front and I need to use my voice to help".

So it's more than "just vote". It's that she's acutely aware what the GOP is and is actively working to help the youth not fall for the GOP's lies.

They essentially made a billionaire into an enemy.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

There's a clip of Swift from like 8 months ago where she's saying to her dad "I have to get involved. The Republicans today aren't like when you were a kid, this is happening on the home front and I need to use my voice to help".

So it's more than "just vote". It's that she's acutely aware what the GOP is and is actively working to help the youth not fall for the GOP's lies.

i knew i was right to add her to my faves

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I think that clip was from 2018. She did post an anti-trump tweet in 2020 that received a ton of attention. I don't know if she's made any political statements since then except for "go vote".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

A carpetbagging maneuver like Boebert's might be one of the few things that get the GOP to take action against HFC, like George Santos explicitly robbing GOP donors. An incredible amount of shamelessness and damage to credibility is afforded to MAGAs in office, so long as they are contained. Boebert is taking HFC ineptness and making it airborne.

carpetbagging can work if your well liked enough or have enough pull. Boebert is nut who is also an embarasing one. she is done.

i mean she comes from my literal county and i am pretty sure maybe baby sat my cousin. i can easily believe her saying that and believing it because its true. Berks has always been a conservative shithole but its a chill conservative shithole(unless you were the wrong color) now all the chuds are screaming

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

withak posted:

Just Cats.

u kno who was in Cats (2019)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

redshirt posted:

In their hearts, they know they are losing.

Hence, the constant outrage. Last, desperate gasps of dying losers.

It's like how a dying star gets denser and burns hotter.