Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

yeah that poo poo has been the same since the Enclosure

before that really it’s just a nice proper noun to make the explanation more concise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

The answer is always that enough people will need to sell for various reasons (jobs, family, divorce, etc.) over time that the market can essentially outlast stubborn homeowners, but it's bullshit. If the cost is high enough, people will just stop moving for those reasons.

People already have stopped moving, geographic mobility in the US is way lower than it was in the 1970s. 40% of 20-24 year olds had moved in the past year in 1976, that number was 25% in 2016. 25-29 year olds went from 33% to 24% in the same time period.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Love that the thinking on Fed rates has slowly evolved so that if we aren't fullspeed ZIRPin all the time people start getting antsy

The last decade+ has gotten all our lords/masters real addicted to that sweet sweet free money and they're tweakin

The markets are at ATHs but it'll never be enough

Money needs to be loose enough that VCs are heedlessly dumping money into the next app that reinvents the idea of bus stops or something

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

fits my needs posted:

i hope the europeans spend some money on their tourism infrastructure and dont let stuff just burn down like notre dame.

hell, in cancun they said they are building the maya train to connect all the tourism sites in the yucatan or whatever.

I can tell you they are not, Greece’s tourism is melting down and they are implementing reservations now for places like the Acropolis.the ferry system is complete poo poo, you pay lots of money to leave on time and arrive 4-5 hours late.

It’s going to collapse at some point, they continue to charge more and more for hotels, travel and food but the services (lack there of) remains poo poo. People are going to flock to cheaper locations like Portugal.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
It's gonna be... Exciting (in a sort of maniacal fashion) to see what causes the riches Perfectly Safe Can't Fail™ investment that will definitely end history for good this time to turn into the economic equivalent of exotic particles that blast a hole in their and everyone else's DNA.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
Once we have a billion Americans living in trillion dollar suburban homes, the economy will be fixed forever.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Canned Sunshine posted:

When they’re intact, sure. But if the company used lead solder and covered it in enamel or a metal cap, one should probably toss the cup once that bottom seal is compromised. Because lead solder can easily cause acute lead poisoning if a young kid is touching it then putting fingers in their mouth, etc which young kids are prone to do.

People should just pay the extra $5 and get a bottle from Kleen Kanteen, Hydroflask, or one of the other reputable brands that isn’t using lead solder.

My knockoff thermoflask from CSPAM's favorite retailer has the lead solder dot. I didn't realize it was lead so I'll refrain from poking it in the future I guess. Maybe I'll put some duct tape over it just to be safe.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ProfessorBooty posted:

Once we have a billion Americans living in trillion dollar suburban homes, the economy will be fixed forever.

Still inwardly shake my head when I remember that get-rich-quick scheme where a guy bought a house in a shithole suburb like 2 hours outside Dallas because he could make big profits when its value inevitably exploded, in like 20 years, and was urging everyone to do likewise

then in 20 years he can sell the house, take those profits and buy... another house in a shithole suburb 2 hours outside Dallas, because the real-estate prices everywhere else will ALSO be inflated all to hell and back. Totally worth 20 years of living in a shithole suburb 2 hours outside Dallas for that little caper

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Nonsense posted:

Good only Something Awful should exist.

Much like the example of Florida given ITT, we want the bad sites to remain active so they contain the bad posts therein.

Like imagine all the nazis from reddit and twitter bopping around in here.

ProfessorBooty posted:

Remember how China built tons of housing in anticipation of population growth and now their economy is gonna die because of plentiful housing :smug:

Oh wait they didn't make that sector load bearing, clearly a failure of leadership to not make housing unaffordable for the vast majority of people so a select few could be rich.

will stancil
Dec 12, 2023

LuxuryLarva posted:

How the gently caress is making a necessary thing extremely expensive a pillar of the economy?

imagine how much the rent will contribute to GDP!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Heads up to the few of you who matter. Looks like the libs will start saying you are a Chinese spy. Changing from Russian spy.
https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1752029264432541710?t=mJfVpM4SCNjCPKPm0fdzkw&s=19

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nothus posted:

lol that the constant media narrative pushing has only netted a 44% approval rating

among democrats, lol.

fewer than half of all democrat voters think the economic conditions are good or excellent.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Glumwheels posted:

Lmfao, so quick to rise and so quick to fall

loving influencers

The death the cups deserve.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mr Hootington posted:

Heads up to the few of you who matter. Looks like the libs will start saying you are a Chinese spy. Changing from Russian spy.
https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1752029264432541710?t=mJfVpM4SCNjCPKPm0fdzkw&s=19

new sino-soviet split dropped

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Mr Hootington posted:

lol I’m old enough to remember when the imperial gaslighting machine worked properly

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

they're using "barnacles" here now instead of boots but this driver would've just poked their head out of the window.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
looks like a pizza box

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
owning the libs by easily pulling off the windshield gasket and tossing it glass and all into the road before driving home

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Mandel Brotset posted:

lol I’m old enough to remember when the imperial gaslighting machine worked properly

libs are lashing out at any and everything

the biden directed FBI is also likely surveilling this subforum and any antiwar group that has organized recently

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Nothus posted:

lol that the constant media narrative pushing has only netted a 44% approval rating

lol that self-identifying Dem voters haven't cracked more than 46% on economic optimism in the past 10 years

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

they're using "barnacles" here now instead of boots but this driver would've just poked their head out of the window.

lol

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/students-defeat-new-barnacle-parking-boot-skip-fines-and-get-free-internet

quote:

Because it has a GPS tracker meant to set off a loud alarm whenever it, or the car it’s attached to, moves, the Barnacle also has a built-in SIM card. One reddit user figured out the SIM card had unlimited data, and hacked it so they could tether their own personal cell phone to its network, giving them unlimited free phone data for several months.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/PiQSuite/status/1752053929683415094?t=lHiH2SVaDUrCpDTdNk-ACQ&s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nice

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

cant imagine what would cause this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

anime was right posted:

cant imagine what would cause this

War spending and exporting is the only thing keeping the usa afloat

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

hahaha

quote:

As it turns out, to take off the Barnacle, all you need to do is run your vehicle’s windshield defroster for 15 minutes, and then use a credit card or similar thin piece of plastic to release the suction cup around the edge. Presto! You’re free from fees.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

FizFashizzle posted:

Dating a zoomer and can confirm: they like their woo woo poo poo.

Adding you to the craddle_robber.xls along with Smythe and his zoomer bride.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mr Hootington posted:

War spending and exporting is the only thing keeping the usa afloat

economy life hack: killing palestinian children so gdp goes up

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Joey Steel posted:

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

anime was right posted:

economy life hack: killing palestinian children so gdp goes up

And Ukraine. And Africa. And Mexico. And...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What's in your wallet?!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

skooma512 posted:

My knockoff thermoflask from CSPAM's favorite retailer has the lead solder dot. I didn't realize it was lead so I'll refrain from poking it in the future I guess. Maybe I'll put some duct tape over it just to be safe.

Yeah, some good duct tape should work. Especially the kind that Walmart has that’s actual DuctTape brand and claims it’s waterproof. The biggest danger is obviously inhalation/ingestion, and there were some studies that showed that rubbing it with a sponge when washing the bottles, could consistently transfer lead to other items too, hence covering it.

I think in general the warnings/results that Tamara Rubin brings up are good since since public fear/shaming goes a long way towards getting some companies to change, but she’s using an XRF which, while accurate and reliable, can go below encapsulating layers to detect lead, which she then throws big alarms at. As long as it’s properly covered/intact, it’s “safe”, though I wish they’d all stop using the lead solder.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

err posted:

the biden directed FBI is also likely surveilling this subforum and any antiwar group that has organized recently

DnD is watching.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

DnD is watching.

Don’t doxx Lyin’ Leon

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Joey Steel posted:

number goes up (or down, as it were)

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

err posted:

didnt pelosi literally say like yesterday that the fbi should investigate anyone who protests for palestine to see if they have financial ties to russia

id assume this entire forum is being investigated as Hands of Putin

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

skooma512 posted:

Can't wait to watch the hissy fits and meltdowns from store managers when a robot kitchen has a glitch or needs maintenance and breaks down during their lunch/dinner rush and the tech is an hour out to even arrive.

Like, imagine your entire business hinging on whether or not a set of giant printers work. Everything rests on something with the reliability of an HP Laserjet M609.
Think about all the times the ice cream machine is out of order at Mcdonalds, but now it's every possible thing in there!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

quote:

Representative Nancy Pelosi, Democrat of California and the former House speaker, on Sunday called for the F.B.I. to investigate protesters demanding a cease-fire in the Israel-Hamas conflict, suggesting without evidence that some activists may have ties to Russia and President Vladimir V. Putin.

“For them to call for a cease-fire is Mr. Putin’s message,” Ms. Pelosi said during an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “Make no mistake, this is directly connected to what he would like to see. Same thing with Ukraine. It’s about Putin’s message. I think some of these protesters are spontaneous and organic and sincere. Some, I think, are connected to Russia.”

When pressed on whether she believed some of the demonstrators were “Russian plants,” Ms. Pelosi said: “Seeds or plants. I think some financing should be investigated. And I want to ask the F.B.I. to investigate that.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/28/us/politics/nancy-pelosi-fbi-russia-gaza-protesters.html

"dont do a genocide"

nice try, comrade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

Hands of Putin

Sounds like a good gangtag