Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1752065845440688235?s=20

This sucks. He's been great for us on the field. Will likely miss the start of next season depending on the severity too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

yeah people are bad at assessing why losses actually happen

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The337th posted:

yeah people are bad at assessing why losses actually happen

i usually just say 'sometimes poo poo happens'

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kevino07 posted:

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1752065845440688235?s=20

This sucks. He's been great for us on the field. Will likely miss the start of next season depending on the severity too.

Ugh this sucks, Omenihu is awesome. That strip sack yesterday was sick.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I actually approve of Campbell's decisions on 4th down. Take away all the specific details and consider this: you have the lead in the second half of a big game. Do you play it safe or play to win?

I say play to win.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

mllaneza posted:

I actually approve of Campbell's decisions on 4th down. Take away all the specific details and consider this: you have the lead in the second half of a big game. Do you play it safe or play to win?

I say play to win.

But going for the 4th doesn’t change the math that much. It’s a three score lead either way

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Playing it safe IS playing to win

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

winning to play is playing to play

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Lions just lost on bad bounces of the ball, including those failed 4th down conversions. It happens and it really sucks when it happens in the playoffs.

New Topic.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1751964647933022320?t=Hywy99S3dErBzDjC0UN0Aw&s=19

Bateman fails to understand the basics of NFL spacing and the Ravens punt because of it. The guy is so talented but he just cannot get the details right. This is his 3rd season with Lamar, they should be 100% mind meld at this point. I was so happy when the Ravens got him and he's been such a disappointment.

Is there a Rashod Bateman but competent and not injury prone somewhere in the draft?

yeah Bateman didn't take direction well but Lamar's way too fast to call that "boxed in." it's Lamar loving Jackson. there's a huge lane to his right if he just takes off. Purdy made more heads up plays with his legs

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

exactly how safe is the leg of Michael "Money Badger " Badgely

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

CharlestheHammer posted:

But going for the 4th doesn’t change the math that much. It’s a three score lead either way

their kicker is absolute butt though. the math isn't as good for him. so really it's a two score lead either way

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

indigi posted:

their kicker is absolute butt though. the math isn't as good for him. so really it's a two score lead either way

If you don’t trust your kicker that much you have a much bigger issue than anything else

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lions lost because Brock Purdy had more grit.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mustached Demon posted:

Lions lost because Brock Purdy had more grit.

Twas that dog.

A very very small dog.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

picking up the 4th and making that kick by their kicker are probably a push so it doesn't really matter.

either way the conversions are not why they lost the game. i honestly didn't think the lions were gonna be in that game at all if the 49ers showed up which took them an entire half to do. the 49ers are one of the most stacked rosters in the league with an insanely good offensive HC. when they actually show up they're a crazy hard out. Lions are young, feisty, and have a great offense but if the offense sputters a little and the other team remembers to exploit the gently caress out of their bad defense, yea that'll do it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/kgumminger/status/1751987710296735777?s=46&t=lsDoWNTuhOQoRWbL6s6fwA

seems pretty good but I'm too far up the Chiefs rear end to have a relevant opinion

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

https://twitter.com/kgumminger/status/1751987710296735777?s=46&t=lsDoWNTuhOQoRWbL6s6fwA

seems pretty good but I'm too far up the Chiefs rear end to have a relevant opinion

He's pretty good and you know it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
No worries, we got you. It is in fact quite good.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

I'd say its pretty great

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

kiimo posted:

lmao of course Kelce is good. he's just also become massively over exposed. welcome to being a fan of a team in the midst of a heel turn. luckily mahomes is very fun to watch and Andy Reid is too lovable to be a true villain. still tho, ya'll can go ahead and lose this one

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

He's fine. The greats find a way to get a late 4th quarter lead via laterals, though. Conspicuously absent from his resume.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

a neat cape posted:

He's pretty good and you know it

Of course he is, because Taylor Swift doesn’t settle for mediocre men

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

fsif posted:

He's fine. The greats find a way to get a late 4th quarter lead via laterals, though. Conspicuously absent from his resume.

You know, that's a good point. Maybe he's not better than Gronk.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

uckily mahomes is very fun to watch and Andy Reid is too lovable to be a true villain.

Whoa now, hold up

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Whoa now, hold up

i love andy reid and i will not apologize.

Nov 6, 2002

Kelce's game is amazing. He's never been as fast or strong as Gronk was, but that's not really his style of play. I don't think I've ever seen a player who finds and attacks the soft spot in a zone like he does. Despite being the #1 threat every time he's on the field, he will consistently find himself wide open with no defender within five yards of him. It's probably why he's 34 and still playing at an elite level whereas Gronk was completely beat to hell and had to retire younger. I'd say Kelce probably has better hands than Gronk too. Not anywhere near the blocker as Gronk, but perhaps that also has contributed to his longevity. Gronk infamously broke his arm blocking on a kick.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

i love andy reid and i will not apologize.

OK but the other thing

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens Turnover differential in playoff games since 2018:

‘18 L vs LAC: -2
‘19 L vs TEN: -3
‘20 W @ TEN: 0
‘20 L @ BUF: -1
‘22 L @ CIN: -1
‘23 W vs HOU: 0
‘23 L vs KC: -3

That's an oof. Explains Lamar's playoff struggles better than anything else I think.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Never thought the immature fat faced microfracture recovering 3rd rounder would end up touching Jerry Rices postseason records

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

OK but the other thing

haha he's still got his wacky bullshit that's fun to watch from a pure entertainment perspective. not the crap where he whines like brady used to. i hate that.

Nov 6, 2002

haha he's still got his wacky bullshit that's fun to watch from a pure entertainment perspective. not the crap where he whines like brady used to. i hate that.

oh nvm, misread

Actually, if your QB isn't whining after every hit he's not doing his job.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Whining is annoying but I want my QB crying 100% of the time he is on the field. Not like Derek Carr, but like Brady and Mahomes. Get every call you can from these idiot refs, win win win.

Nov 6, 2002

Whining and offensive holding is what builds dynasties.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Whining is annoying but I want my QB crying 100% of the time he is on the field. Not like Derek Carr, but like Brady and Mahomes. Get every call you can from these idiot refs, win win win.

100%

It's the whining off the field that gets grating. With Mahomes or anyone else

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I'd rather Brady come back and win so many Superbowls that he has to get one sized for his dick than watch the Chiefs win another one, gently caress this poo poo.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The two Lions decisions I have a problem with are running it with DMo on the goal line and burning a timeout, which really killed any chance of winning. The other is going for it on 4th and 3, specifically the playcall. 3 yards to go and you come out in an Empty Back Shotgun. So they don't even have to respect your run game. WTF was that?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

I'd rather Brady come back and win so many Superbowls that he has to get one sized for his dick than watch the Chiefs win another one, gently caress this poo poo.

Wait are we the Jets now

gently caress

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Black Sunshine posted:

Come on over to the NFC West thread. We like establishing the Run and Apple Butter.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Q_res posted:

The two Lions decisions I have a problem with are running it with DMo on the goal line and burning a timeout, which really killed any chance of winning. The other is going for it on 4th and 3, specifically the playcall. 3 yards to go and you come out in an Empty Back Shotgun. So they don't even have to respect your run game. WTF was that?

It's that run and the burning of a timeout that's a complete head scratcher to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

a neat cape posted:

Wait are we the Jets now

gently caress

The Rex Ryan era Jets