Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

General Dog posted:

Yeah for example it bought Coach O *checks notes* 18 months of job security.

Edit: somewhat misunderstood the post

yea if you win a natty it buys you an extra two seasons even if you're busy trying to gently caress the wives of all the people you report to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Coach O is truly an inspiration to college coaches everywhere.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX7wzhMvbzo

Tell em about it, JoJo

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jan 30, 2024

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Dance McPants posted:

won natty, so what.

I saw RichRod and Hoke games in person, and Lions fans have known far worse pain. SE Michigan will be fine (sports-wise. Still a nightmare in regards to transportation, the economy, political strife, climate, etc.)

god, i remember my first game as a michigan student was seeing tate forcier throw all over notre dame, and seeing ESPN tout him as a potential heisman winner on sportcenter that night lol
never in a million years did i think michigan would win a national championship again

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
gently caress John O’Korn.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

How did LSU ever let their very own natty winning cajun cookie monster get away? And does he want a job? Because I think Texas still needs a DL coach and I want to hear him say Lamborghini.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Thermos H Christ posted:

How did LSU ever let their very own natty winning cajun cookie monster get away? And does he want a job? Because I think Texas still needs a DL coach and I want to hear him say Lamborghini.

Because once he won it he was less interested in coaching than in trying to gently caress everything that moved and the team fell apart. No hard feelings but he was pretty clearly checked out.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Thermos H Christ posted:

I think he still has a "show up 2 days a year" gig with LSU too for a lot of money. So yeah why the gently caress would he go back to coaching?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

yea if you win a natty it buys you an extra two seasons even if you're busy trying to gently caress the wives of all the people you report to

If James Franklin wins Penn State a national championship, he can basically declare himself coach for life.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Sash! posted:

If James Franklin wins Penn State a national championship, he can basically declare himself coach for life.

for the sake of future children i hope penn state never gets itself into another coach for life situation

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

LeeMajors posted:

That’s incredible lol

Just loving retire already if you care that little. Just absolute disrespect to their fans and the game of football.
you'll never convince me that he DIDN'T do this just to make his idiot son look better

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

drunk leprechaun posted:

I think he still has a "show up 2 days a year" gig with LSU too for a lot of money. So yeah why the gently caress would he go back to coaching?

he's set for life unless someone introduces him to like NFTs or something so he'll be back coaching in a year or so

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

for the sake of future children i hope penn state never gets itself into another coach for life situation

Luckily our defensive coordinators are not trying to be defensive coordinator for life because no one will hire them away because of his "taking his charity too seriously."

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/WinterSportsLaw/status/1752129299572748581

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

WHERE’D THE AFCA CRYSTAL FOOTBALL GO?!? BRING IT BACK!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Gonz posted:

WHERE’D THE AFCA CRYSTAL FOOTBALL GO?!? BRING IT BACK!

https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/1746373840643789214

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I remember seeing that live and my butthole puckered when he threw it.

He is very accurate though, so things worked out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This is a pretty big domino to fall if it falls.

UNC were the ACC stalwarts from previous reporting if I remember right. Like, they were the ones who weren't making any noise and wanted everything to stay the same weren't they?

e: from the article I guess they did explore getting out of that grant of rights.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 30, 2024

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Putting this in two threads

https://twitter.com/joshdubowap/status/1752125724046012854?t=YM9Zlf0iCDM7UJTgwfAA7Q

Illini players who have
Howard Griffith: 12 pts
Pierre Thomas: 6 pts
Kelvin Hayden: 6 pts off a rex Grossman pick six
Neil rackers: 3 pts

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How many NFL teams even are there that don't have an Alabama guy on their roster?

That stat is also kind of annoying because touchdown passes don't count (I understand why, but you know what I mean). Bart Starr and Ken Stabler certainly must have done that much.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

trevorreznik posted:

Putting this in two threads

https://twitter.com/joshdubowap/status/1752125724046012854?t=YM9Zlf0iCDM7UJTgwfAA7Q

Illini players who have
Howard Griffith: 12 pts
Pierre Thomas: 6 pts
Kelvin Hayden: 6 pts off a rex Grossman pick six
Neil rackers: 3 pts

"finished college at Alabama".

lol. cute way to get around Joe Namath (left without a degree)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If the Lions had made it :( there was a good chance of Gibbs or Jameson Williams breaking that streak.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

GD_American posted:

Namath didn’t score

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

GD_American posted:

Way to get around Hurts as well.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Truther Vandross posted:

Namath didn’t score

Well, not in football.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Henchman of Santa posted:

How many NFL teams even are there that don't have an Alabama guy on their roster?

Pretty sure the Chargers don't have an Alabama player

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

UNC were the ACC stalwarts from previous reporting if I remember right. Like, they were the ones who weren't making any noise and wanted everything to stay the same weren't they?

e: from the article I guess they did explore getting out of that grant of rights.

This reads like a hostage video. We don't want to, but we'll kill our Olympic sports if we have to!

We can't afford them because of our TV contract!!!

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

this seems like signaling as loud as possible that they'd go if someone put up money to help.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Truther Vandross posted:

Namath didn’t score

Bart Starr then, who had TD passes in Super Bowl I and II and finished his degree before going pro.

Now tell me throwing TDs isn't scoring.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GD_American posted:

Bart Starr then, who had TD passes in Super Bowl I and II and finished his degree before going pro.

Now tell me throwing TDs isn't scoring.

It feels weird but ultimately it would be like crediting a basketball player with points for an assist.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

yeah I know, it's just a laughably tortured Mr. Baseball-rear end statistic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgCY_o1SR3o

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The only stat line that I don't like is that YAC shouldn't count towards a QB's passing yards!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sash! posted:

The only stat line that I don't like is that YAC shouldn't count towards a QB's passing yards!

Throwing it so that your WR can catch it in stride and keep running is something good QBs do.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

average drew brees fan

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

UNC is the lynchpin of the ACC; if they leave the conference either dies or becomes a shell of itself. Same with Texas/B12, same with USC/UCLA/Pac-12. It'd be the same with Bama/SEC and Michigan/Ohio State/B1G.

Realistically, it's a matter of when, not if. UNC has value, FSU does too. I posted my value chart in one of these threads a while back, but nothing's changed.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Throwing it so that your WR can catch it in stride and keep running is something good QBs do.

But the QB didn't have much to do when he dumped it off to a running back behind the line who breaks it for 40 yards after a sick juke

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Full list of colleges scoring in the Super Bowl

edit: This is from 2020

edit2: Oh god this was long enough ago that Deshaun Watson wasn't a serial sexual pest

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 30, 2024

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

General Dog posted:

Yeah for example it bought Coach O *checks notes* 18 months of job security.

Edit: somewhat misunderstood the post

Harbaugh leaving is likely a less disruptive situation than Da Coach O bringing the extemely Divorced Dad Energy while still in the job.

GD_American posted:

yeah I know, it's just a laughably tortured Mr. Baseball-rear end statistic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgCY_o1SR3o

Thanks for inadvertently reminding me I owe a friend a Chunichi Dragons hat because he’s a fan of Mr Baseball.

The other fun fact for the day was I had reason to drop the Texas Longhorn Championship Hydration image into a group chat this morning, to many questions.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

so they joining FSU in the Big 10 then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Sash! posted:

But the QB didn't have much to do when he dumped it off to a running back behind the line who breaks it for 40 yards after a sick juke

The RB doesn’t have to do much when their line opens a huge hole all the way up to the safeties but we still give them for those yards.