Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The Rwanda scheme falls into a trap set by the Lords – The £240m white elephant is halted as peers approve a two-month timetable to scrutinise Rishi Sunak’s bill"

Sunday Telegraph:

Channel migrants given right to work in UK

Matt:

Why Tory talk is turning – again – to a change of leadership

Sunday Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Donald Trump and the New Hampshire primary – The former president is seemingly cruising towards the Republican nomination. Can anyone stop him?"

Telegraph:

Putin could attack Nato countries in five to eight years, Germany warns

Times:

Evening Standard:

Ron DeSantis drops out of presidential race and endorses Donald Trump; Storm Isha: London commuters suffer travel chaos as UK hit by winds up to 107mph

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the ongoing tragedy in Gaza – The death toll in Gaza has risen to 25,000 and Benjamin Netanyahu has rejected the idea of a Palestinian state"

Telegraph:

Starmer: Labour would get ahead of storms like Isha

Matt:

Culture Secretary accuses BBC of bias; Storm Jocelyn to shut down rail services across Scotland

Times:

Nikki Haley fights to close gap with Trump

Evening Standard:

London mayoral election: Sadiq Khan fires warning shot with 100 days to go; Six million BBC viewers watch Gladiators return

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on what’s powering Rishi Sunak – While his country crumbles, the prime minister is still able to assert himself on the world stage"

Telegraph:

Watch: Royal Navy warships crash in Bahrain

Matt:

"The Met Office’s bizarre storm advice exposes the new British sickness"

Independent:

Air strikes send ‘clearest possible message’ to Houthis, says Cameron

Times:

Storm Jocelyn: how trains are disrupted in northern England and Scotland

Evening Standard:

Royal Mail could deliver letters just three days a week, says Ofcom

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Donald Trump’s progress along the Republican nomination trail – A win in New Hampshire win sees the former president confident that he’s on his way to the White House again"

Telegraph:

Grant Shapps defends troop cuts as UK soldiers have a ‘can-do’ attitude

Matt:

Oust Sunak or Tories face election massacre, warns former Cabinet ally

Independent:

No one likes the guy yelling ‘iceberg’, says Tory who called for Sunak’s ousting

Times:

Evening Standard:

British military chief in 'citizen army' call to prepare country for land war

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
hehe dehnt paniiic!!!!!!!!!! hehehehhehehehhh

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the link between knife crime and austerity – Knife crime in Britain has risen after government cuts to youth services and a resulting lack of opportunities for young people"

Telegraph:

Reform UK support surges to record high

Matt:

Independent:

No 10 defends September date for zombie-style blades ban

Times:

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the ICJ’s verdict on Israel – The international court of justice has ordered Israel to ‘take all measures’ to prevent acts of genocide in Gaza"

Telegraph:

Ukraine conflict shows calling up public can win wars, says UK Army chief

Matt:

Telegraph takeover: UK government intends to order new investigation into deal

Independent:

After Henry Fuseli.

The i paper:

Times:

Reconsider size of your forces, head of US navy tells Britain

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The Tory right is coming for Rishi Sunak – Dark forces are dragging the prime minister – and the party – to extinction"

Sunday Telegraph:

‘Of course I jolly well would’: Boris Johnson pledges to join Army to fight Russia if needed

Matt:

Sunday Times:

The Traitors review — a finale to restore faith in primetime pop culture

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak, the lame duck PM - With the Conservatives facing electoral disaster, the party plotters are at it again, seeking to oust yet another leader"

Telegraph:

‘Disbelief’ as under-manned Royal Navy seeks to re-deploy officers to diversity and inclusion team
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > British Political Cartoons 2024: Affirmative Action Stations!

Times:

Lords will try to halt Rwanda flights until after the election

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak faces backlash from Tory right over tobacco ban plan

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Feel like every time Blower pulls this poo poo, someone should confiscate another one of his vertebrae

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Feel like every time Blower pulls this poo poo, someone should confiscate another one of his vertebrae

You have to be pretty loving stupid to miss the point as spectacularly as he regularly does. I figure that kind of breathtaking, inspired idiocy has to be painful enough on its own; there's nothing we can do to him that could possibly be more painful.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Liz Truss’s criticism of Rishi Sunak’s anti-smoking plans – Truss has said that the prime minister’s plan to gradually ban cigarette sales is ‘absurd’ and ‘profoundly unconservative’"

Telegraph:

EU calls for 'gendered language' to be scrapped

Matt:

Train strikes: All the rail services affected this week; Rishi Sunak reveals details of weekly 36-hour fast

Times:

Evening Standard:

What is a world war? Russian state TV predicts World War III; Donald Trump says 'we are on the brink of World War 3' after drone strike

David Squires:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Fearless posted:

You have to be pretty loving stupid to miss the point as spectacularly as he regularly does. I figure that kind of breathtaking, inspired idiocy has to be painful enough on its own; there's nothing we can do to him that could possibly be more painful.

I really hope you're right

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

By request, you now have a new thread title. Enjoy.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Rigel posted:

By request, you now have a new thread title. Enjoy.

Thank you! :yayclod:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the DUP’s deal with Westminster – The DUP has decided to end its boycott of power-sharing in Northern Ireland, which coincides with the fourth anniversary of the UK leaving the EU"

Telegraph:

French farmers evade police to block world's biggest food market - latest updates After Delacroix.

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Brexit: The people’s damning verdict four years on

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Absolutely based Blower there, which begs the question of what point he was actually trying to get across.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Absolutely based Blower there, which begs the question of what point he was actually trying to get across.

The protests are opposing EU and environmental regulations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ah, never mind then. I should have guessed.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
On one hand, the EU's policies on GMOs and artificial ingredients are the most moronic David Icke "they will modify our chromosomes" bullshit I have ever read.

On the other, those are the parts that these dickheads support, it's the bits that mildly inconvenience them that they're against.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the deal to restore power-sharing in Northern Ireland – The months and years tick by in a hospital waiting room as patients wait for political compromise and functional health service"

Telegraph:

Nicola Sturgeon admits she deleted Covid WhatsApp messages

Matt:

Independent:

Tearful Nicola Sturgeon admits deleting WhatsApps – but denies politicising Covid crisis

Times:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Wait, since when was Ed Milliband prime minister, Jennings?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

That can't be Ed Miliband - they usually give Miliband a massive hooked nose, which apparently isn't anti-Semitic because they fully support Israel in killing all the Palestinians they want.

Any example of a Miliband, by Adams:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Labour’s refusal to reinstate the bankers’ bonus cap – Senior Labour figures are annoyed by news that the party will not reinstate a cap on bankers’ bonuses if it wins the next election"

Telegraph:

Tax cuts in Budget will not be as large as the autumn's, Jeremy Hunt warns

Matt:

The downbeat IMF economist who is persistently bleak on Britain

Independent:

Labour finally ditches its £28bn green investment promise

Times:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Labour’s business conference and a binned green investment plan – City executives have flocked to Keir Starmer and Rachel Reeves’s Oval charm offensive" Also Missing monkey trapped by yorkshire pudding in Scotland

Telegraph:

Matt:

Lewis Hamilton issues warning to doubters ahead of Ferrari switch

Independent:

After Ferdinand Hodler.

The i paper:

Times:

Michelle O’Neill becomes Northern Ireland’s first minister

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Rearranging the deckchairs on the Tory Titanic – Jeremy Hunt and Jacob Rees-Mogg do, er, their best to avert disaster"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

French farmers call off protests after new law tackling food imports is announced

Sunday Times:

Labour sows confusion over its £28bn green plans

Mail on Sunday:

Government will give childcare workers £1,000 to join the sector as part of major recruitment drive

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
gently caress off, Mac.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
And is that a.... *gasp* FLAT SCREEN TV!!!!??? :argh:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

The parents are shown as professionally dressed workers, so this isn't making GBS threads on the poor. I think the right-wing are realising how expensive childcare is, even for the Middle and Upper-Middle Classes. Plus, this is a nanny, not what most folks are trying to get - a place in a nursery which would be, like, one adult per 10 or 15 children.

Mac's usually an utter piece of poo poo but this is a pretty tame cartoon. :shrug: But "gently caress off, Mac" is the learned response.

Edit: the Sunday Telegraph may be the worse one of the lot. I don't think the new leader of the NI Parliament is quite that much of an undercover agent and it looks like the royal picture binned is of Queen Elizabeth II - I don't think they've heard the news. :ohdear:

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 4, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's making GBS threads on the care class and the idea that "if you give money to that lot, they'll drink it away" and also "working mothers leaving their kids with other people are bad women."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on US and British airstrikes on Iranian-backed militias – The Pentagon is continuing its attacks in reprisal for the killing of three US soldiers at a military base on the Jordan-Syria border"

Telegraph:

Army fails to meet recruitment targets at all training centres for five years After Lady Butler.

Times:

Evening Standard:

O’Neill expects poll on Irish unity to take place in next decade; Love Island: When does the All Stars series finish and is there a Casa Amor twist this year?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Nothing problematic at all in that graun cartoon :shepface:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Pilchenstein posted:

Nothing problematic at all in that graun cartoon :shepface:

I love that you can tell the author was going to have different names on each string, but they ran out of ones people would recognize almost instantly.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Palestinian Jihad? loving seriously?

Credit where it's due though, I dig the drawing style and skills of the dude, but holy poo poo does he need to sit down and shut the gently caress up about anything more political than the concept of sand.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

SerthVarnee posted:

Credit where it's due though, I dig the drawing style and skills of the dude, but holy poo poo does he need to sit down and shut the gently caress up about anything more political than the concept of sand.

Probably short for Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

SerthVarnee posted:

Minor note, but Ella Baron is a she

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

4 strings for Houthis, 3 strings for Hamas, 2 for strings for Hezbollah & a Palestinian Islamic Jihad in a pear tree

I've never noticed this Ella Baron before but she seems loving miserable at her job of political cartoonist. God Steve Bell would be turning in his grave if he'd died yet.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Miserable what happened to steve bell seeing what's turned out in his stead, yeah

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the reopening of the Northern Ireland assembly – The first minister, Michelle O’Neill, and deputy first minister, Emma Little-Pengelly, have taken their seats in Stormont"

Telegraph:

Church aiding asylum claims on mass scale, say Patel and Braverman

Matt:

Paris votes to triple parking fees for out-of-town SUV drivers

Times:

Liz Truss says Britain is full of ‘secret Tories’ at PopCon event

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

David Squires:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Jrbg posted:

Minor note, but Ella Baron is a she

Whoops, my bad.