Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I did this once to get into a festival :(

Edit - well that’s the page snipe from hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

smellmycheese posted:

I did this once to get into a festival :(

While I appreciate the effort, how did you fit yourself into the Kinder Surprise egg?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Get the XL one that darth vader lives in. And a similarly large bum.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

They all laughed at me when I said they were putting fent in the kids' sweets! They laughed! Well, nobody's laughing at the Kinder Surprise bum guy :colbert:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Honestly the little yellow plastic egg is IDEAL for arse smuggling a few pills

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Jedit posted:

While I appreciate the effort, how did you fit yourself into the Kinder Surprise egg?
they put the ticket in the egg, shoved that up their rear end, and then presented it at the entrance like you normally do. You're really overthinking this.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
One of the few times to be thankful for the otherwise insidious shrinkflation of supermarket goods.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

lol

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

I went digging for the full Sky News link to provide an unambiguous source/make sure his words weren't being taken out of context somehow. It's about 33 minutes in and no, he knows exactly what impossible bigoted answer he's proposing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4iYVlg1IOE&t=2030s

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Did you know that Dubai only bothered to start investing in a sewer system last year https://www.utilities-me.com/news/dubai-approves-21-8-billion-massive-sewerage-system-plan

until that's finished it apparently has to truck poop out and truck water in.

The things you learn of the Future is Trash podcast.

I'm sure that place is a dream to some and a nightmare to others, i think it's just a waste of glass.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Last time I was in hospital they threw me, noted trans woman, in a women's bay on the ward and not one single person gave one single shite, not me, not the nurses, not the doctors, not the housekeepers, and perhaps most pertinenantly of all, not the other patients. You know what we all cared about? Getting patients better.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Imagine I posted "the myth of consensual hospital treatment" with wes streeting photoshopped over jesus's face.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

OwlFancier posted:

Imagine I posted "the myth of consensual hospital treatment" with wes streeting photoshopped over jesus's face.

Great, now you made me imagine wes making GBS threads's face, thanks a lot Owly :mad:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is conceptual streeting better or worse than actual streeting?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

last time i was in hospital I said I was fine with whatever ward they wanted to put me on but ultimately they said it was best if they kept me in a private room away from everyone else.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

After all the negative news about Laurence, he finally has some good news and has landed himself an acting job!

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1752437825092325444

His brilliant idea is to produce a serialised podcast of the court transcripts

Cocaine is a brilliant drug :allears:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Sure, okay.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I don't know why but that's a lot funnier than it has any right to be.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Lmao, incredible

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

More U Turns than a Fast and Furious film

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
The last time I was in hospital nobody gave a poo poo either but then I was in a corridor for 90% of it so technical win I guess

Edit: it was a mixed corridor. I think. I was more worried about morphine

Isomermaid fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jan 31, 2024

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

fuctifino posted:

Reform Reclaim (e: even I still get them mixed up)

If the Re be form, that's Nigel's swarm

If the Re be claim, Lozza to blame

If the Re be spect, big brother reject

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Well, uh, you see we can't do anything until the "economy" is "good" again, and former colleagues very smart people tell us that a key economic indicator is bankers bonuses.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Yeah, three (four) wards for hospitals is a pipe dream while we will have people sleeping on beds in the corridor, as I have done. What are they going to say, you have to sleep in the corridor because we have more men than women in today, and can’t have you in the same ward?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Holy :hmbol:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
lol

The National posted:

THE official account of the UK Covid Inquiry only follows one account on Twitter/X and it is called “DownWithTheSNP”.

The official inquiry account, which has been verified as a “government or multilateral organisation” by the US social media firm since July 2022, has more than 22,600 followers.

However, it only follows one account: @DownWithTheSNP.

The National:

The account’s profile picture is a cartoon of Nicola Sturgeon dressed up to look like a burglar, with a caricature eyemask and bag of loot.

Its bio states: “Just a bloke. Pro-Beer and Sports. Anti-SNP, Covid & Net-Zero Nonsense. Trust in God not government.”

The last three posts from the account have all contained the phrase “#evilSturgeon”, with a post from Tuesday evening reading: “If it isn't trending tonight it will tomorrow.”

A second post from Tuesday evening read: “#EvilSturgeon evil /ē′vəl/ adjective. Morally bad or wrong; wicked. ‘an evil tyrant.’ Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful.”

The National asked the Covid Inquiry why it was following the @DownWithTheSNP account on Wednesday morning. It was removed soon afterwards.

The Covid Inquiry later responded to this paper’s request for comment, with a spokesperson saying the follow had been an "error".

The inquiry spokesperson said: "The UK Covid-19 Inquiry is independent, apolitical and only reaches conclusions once all the evidence has been thoroughly examined.

"The inquiry's @covidinquiryuk X account follows no other accounts – any prior follows were in error."

Once the story had been shared on social media, the DownWithTheSNP account responded saying "it happened".

They shared a screenshot showing the notification they had received when the UK Covid Inquiry first followed them. It also shared a second showing the "follows you" message displayed on the inquiry's account.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

fuctifino posted:

After all the negative news about Laurence, he finally has some good news and has landed himself an acting job!

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1752437825092325444

His brilliant idea is to produce a serialised podcast of the court transcripts

This obviously isn't going to actually happen, but even if it did I think the copyright on court transcripts is owned by the transcriber (in that case probably Opus2) so he'd be sued again if he did this.

Oct 4, 2005

smellmycheese posted:

More U Turns than a Fast and Furious film

To stop my blood pressure getting too low I occasionally browse that godless hellscape that is reddit. Its full of comments to the tune of "I don't mind banker bonuses actually, and I don't care labour keep lying to me, at least they aren't the tories."

People are loving stupid.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Voting for the "instead of giving the NHS more money, we could force trans and non-binary people to use a hospital I made out of a cardboard box instead of a real one" party and convincing yourself that they're not the tories.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The cardboard box is called delivering on the promise to build more hospitals.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Looking forward to the inquiry into why it required paying UnitedHealth Group £150m to weatherproof the box with Vaseline.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

This obviously isn't going to actually happen, but even if it did I think the copyright on court transcripts is owned by the transcriber (in that case probably Opus2) so he'd be sued again if he did this.

According to this forum it's both on the court stenographer but also it's copyright of the Crown https://copyrightaid.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3014

There's fair use under the open government licence it seems, but is clearly making a mockery of the justice system to fund your powder purchases under fair use, I shout at the filth as they drag me me cuffed, naked and screaming into the back of a van.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Gove Cloning Facility is now moving to a new youthful generation.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

[Edit] ^^^^ - I saw bits of that kid on twitter, and he's someone's obvious rehearsed mouthpiece. He's an obnoxious oval office

I think Fox is going to attempt to do the podcast, as he's publicly committed to it now after uploading last night's improvised video (thank you cocaine, you brilliant drug!). He doesn't have much else in his life anymore other than co-hosting pop-up events sponsored by a quantum hypnotist wishing to remotely detox people from vaccines, and the other big thing in his life is his impending bankruptcy.

The podcast will allow him to show off his BRILLIANT acting skills. In last night's video he starts reeling off character names and deciding "I can play him.", "I can play him too"..."I can also play my barrister", so other than the female character(s), it sounds like all going to all be Fox. I really want it to happen :allears:

Also, he's still under police investigation re: the ULEZ 'Blade Runner' crimes. I completely forgot about that until just now

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jan 31, 2024

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gently caress it let him do the women voices but like in Four Lions he covers his facial hair with his hands.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I watched Reality yesterday which was the literal transcript of Reality Winner(!)'s fbi interview, so it can be done, sorta

It was actually pretty good, picked it up while trying to parse if it was about survivor or something

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

smellmycheese posted:

The Gove Cloning Facility is now moving to a new youthful generation.

Mandatory swirlies

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Fox has definitely not won reality though.

I still need to watch this in a way that gives zero money to anyone involved, because it looks hilariously bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJCKosaMxj8

I haven't watched it either, but I might for a laugh

e: I'm a few mins in, and lost it when a character said "We believe in truth over facts"... The acting is as you would expect

e2: 5 mins in and he's doing his first line of 'stunt' cocaine

e3: He does another line of 'stunt' cocaine at 10 mins, then get the crack pipe out 40 seconds later to take some 'stunt' crack

e4: I can't watch any more of this. I lasted about 12 minutes.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 31, 2024