Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Eiba posted:

With regards to raids, they're pretty trivial if you do the following as soon as one's

This is a really good idea, but then don't they just put wheat and stuff in random chests? I'd love it if they put stuff that can expire in the fridge as zealously as they try to put it in the feed box.

Come to think of it there's basically no reason for them to put stuff in the feed box because they really should never be eating raw food, and they never collect cooked food.

Keep feed box stuffed with junk aside from the main food, and keep a cooler/fridge next to your farm plots. They try to stuff stuff nearby and with feed box full they'll finally be good pals and put perishables in the drat fridge.

I can tell when my.pizza stack is gone because pals will suddenly be eating wheat again, which lets me know to go refill their box.

Also I'm not convinced food decays or is eat properly when you're not in the base. My coal base is my most neglected and they're still eating a pile of berry toast. I haven't made new berry toast in like a week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
I'm just going to be a nail vendor, holy cow! I'll be rich!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

sushibandit posted:

Good to know, I'll gladly replace 2 items with 1, and I either just unlocked it or it's only 1 level away currently.

It also only weights 10, so you can carry 1 (one) extra ore!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Khanstant posted:

Also I'm not convinced food decays or is eat properly when you're not in the base. My coal base is my most neglected and they're still eating a pile of berry toast. I haven't made new berry toast in like a week!

I discovered that food decays one at a time. So if you have a 1,000 stack of berries with a decay time of 10 minutes it'll take 166 hours to rot away.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I send you this file in order to have your advice!

Nice, I've been using the grappling hook but this will be much easier.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Efficiently getting through the game in the level 40s feels like it should be all about breeding instead of capturing since it takes like 15 of the best spheres you got to catch any new pals. It's kind of a nice change of pace though since you're doing a good bit of resource management. I just wish the pals would stick in their breeding pens :(

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha yeah the little sliver of XP for catches post 40 also pushes you towards other XP means. Also all the loose eggs, lot will be repeats but an egg Hatcher costs nothing to build. I try to have like 6 near each active one and then a big mess of em at the main base for overflow and discovered eggs.

I think eggs need some better Pal interaction, expected there to be Pals who specialized in caring for eggs in some fashion but its all done in the machines alone. There is the temperature interaction stuff but if you're doing mixed temp eggs it's a wash anyway.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I discovered that food decays one at a time. So if you have a 1,000 stack of berries with a decay time of 10 minutes it'll take 166 hours to rot away.

I think berry toast is 20 minutes so maybe I just underestimated how many I had dumped in there. It's also not even a fully occupied base since it's a very glitchy location and a few miners couldn't not get stuck constantly. Pretty sure just the one level 4 miner could handle the coal alone but it would be lonely with one Ifrit hanging out with 2 breeding pens of birds.

I forget it's name, but special award to boss Astegon. I thought Jormungandir line was the worst pathing pal in game but Astegon takes the cake with it's weird way high off the ground hitbox and body.

Is legendary fully breedable trait like lucky is, I have to assume it is since why wouldn't it be? If that's the case, then all my Lucky Swift Ferocious pals I was so proud of are actually a tier worse than I thought. Legendary alone beats out multiple 3 bar combat traits combined. So I think the ultimate breeding gauntlet would be something like [legendary][ferocious][[elemental attack buff][lucky or another attack buff] with swift being nice on your main mount.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Musclehead is actually better for pure combat than Ferocious. Though having both, the elemental trait for the pal you're breeding, and Legendary, is probably the best combo you can get.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Who has got a good coal and sulfur location for a base?
Do they spawn together at all?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Is there any way to repeat a recipe order yet? I just started this game, and I've got a berry plantation up, and I'd like to automate baked berries, but it seems like once the order is complete, I need to go back and manually set up the order again.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh yeah forgot about muscle head. Sign me up for a genetics lab if they add one because I'm not remaking my 4 stars for best traits anytime soon, too much gambling.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Tbh buy ammo it's not worth the metal to make.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sulfur and pure quartz aren’t in high enough demand to warrant a base around such resources. Instead, take an ideal mining pal group with you to a good sulfur or pure quartz spot to fill up.

Are you needing sulfur for ammo crafting? Selling nails to buy ammo instead streamlines that a good deal more.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

Is there any way to repeat a recipe order yet? I just started this game, and I've got a berry plantation up, and I'd like to automate baked berries, but it seems like once the order is complete, I need to go back and manually set up the order again.

Unfortunately no. Just have to make it a chore when visiting a base, queue up a hundred of whatever best cooked food you can manage. On the bright side, growing wheat and turning wheat into flour is the maximum manual effort food ever takes.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What are the best 4 traits for a flying mount? Some of them sound redundant, or oddly worded so that they maybe work on you when the pal is in your team but not out, or others only on the pal itself, but does that increase the speed when it's a mount or what? I want the fastest-first, killy-second mount but I am dumb and don't get these descriptions.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've been trying to breed some better traits on the Faleris but my odds are severely skewed for females, since I've bred 9 females and 1 male and I'd need a male with another good trait besides Swift and Serious so I'd get anywhere. At this point I'm just gonna run this 10 cakes I got and if I don't get it I'll move on.

e: I have one with serious, swift and ferocious now, I think I'm good

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 30, 2024

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
About one hour into the game, and I suddenly discover that there are some areas on the map that are revealed even though I never visited. What's the reason? Bug, or intentional?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

There's 7 huge sulfur nodes by the Pal Tower in the fire zone, right next to a fast travel spot.

Coal is not as much of a need as ore, I currently have 1k ore but 15k coal even after making as much ammo as I possible can. I'm even thinking about tearing down my coal/ore base for mining from a place with more ore nodes.

ymgve posted:

About one hour into the game, and I suddenly discover that there are some areas on the map that are revealed even though I never visited. What's the reason? Bug, or intentional?

I think those are all the possible respawn areas if that's what you are referring to.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pentyne posted:

I think those are all the possible respawn areas if that's what you are referring to.

I had a couple circles in the volcano area that I hadn't been to and you definitely can't respawn there. I think they showed up after doing a dungeon?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

A common video game trick is to put “indoor” areas as a place underneath the standard outside map. So maybe the dungeon you went into is physically located under the volcano on the game map (whether by accident or design)?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Good poo poo.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
does condensing mountable pals make them faster mounts?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Revitalized posted:

Yes, but not for all Pals according to this reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Palworld/comments/1aedboa/partner_skill_upgrade_stats_exact_values_for_lv1/

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Revitalized posted:

Conventional wisdom and personal experience says yes. However, I recently condensed down a level 3 Orserk and I'm not seeing extra pal fluid drops beyond what I was already getting so who knows vOv

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

It has the example of Galeclaw going from Max Speed 1000 at Stamina 15(?) to Max Speed 1700 at Stamina 6.

Only 12 mounts even see a speed increase.

The biggest bonus is from ranking up mounts that give your mounted attacks elemental damage, it actually starts with a 50% damage increase plus elemental affinity.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I think the funniest takeaway is that max condensed Depresso has a 10x speed multiplier and is close to if not the fastest Pal in the game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

IcePhoenix posted:

I had a couple circles in the volcano area that I hadn't been to and you definitely can't respawn there. I think they showed up after doing a dungeon?

So I once got stuck under ground and uh this happened

I never took that path into the ocean or the circles that are in the middle. This was all due to that doppleganger bug though.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Third World Reagan posted:

So I once got stuck under ground and uh this happened

I never took that path into the ocean or the circles that are in the middle. This was all due to that doppleganger bug though.

take your nearest flying mount and fix all these black in-betweens this instant

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

cumpantry posted:

take your nearest flying mount and fix all these black in-betweens this instant

I have already given up on that server since I am sick and tired of my pals being sick and tired

also I lost 3 hours of progress due to a roll back and I just don't wanna go fly around sanctuaries again since it is extremely boring

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

WarpedLichen posted:

I think the funniest takeaway is that max condensed Depresso has a 10x speed multiplier and is close to if not the fastest Pal in the game.

It would just narrowly beat out a full speed Jetdragon.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Maybe it’s cause I’m still sticking mostly to the early areas, but is there a good source for ancient parts? I’ve mostly just been poking around for the dungeons to clear their bosses and rolling poor chillet whenever it respawns.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Maybe it’s cause I’m still sticking mostly to the early areas, but is there a good source for ancient parts? I’ve mostly just been poking around for the dungeons to clear their bosses and rolling poor chillet whenever it respawns.

You've got the right idea: Killing a bunch of bosses. There's a bunch of them in the other starting zones that are also lower level

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I got a motherfucking sharps rifle :hellyeah:

And of course, loyal workers to make its ammo for me :grin:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I finally made the shipping containers (which are larger and have less storage than the refined metal crates but they look cool) and the transport pals kept getting stuck on top and nearly dying.

BUT if you put a bunch of garbage bags (or anything, really) on top they suddenly don't even try to get up there.

Proper base management included baby/cat proofing your space.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
So does anyone else make gratuitous use of battle bases?

I have two "bases" unlocked right now and I sort of want to make a second proper base, but I cant justify giving up the exploration utility of being able to set up a teleporter wherever I want and bring a fuckton of specialized monsters to fight against bosses that are way too high leveled for me.

Plopping down a base right next to a bunch of high level dudes, filling it with folks to fight for you, and being able to teleport back if you go down is quite fun and Im catching a bunch of cool stiff I wouldn't be otherwise.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

GlyphGryph posted:

I have two "bases" unlocked right now and I sort of want to make a second proper base, but I cant justify giving up the exploration utility of being able to set up a teleporter wherever I want and bring a fuckton of specialized monsters to fight against bosses that are way too high leveled for me.

You'll eventually unlock three, so you get more leeway. I have base for basically everything and one for ore+coal. The final base becomes a flex point for fast travel, quartz/sulfur mining, or like you mentioned dropping the entire crew on an outdoor boss.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

After extensive Faleris breeding I ended up with this guy (condensed the extras for rank 3 on him). There are better pals for combat but I think for general moving around he's great.

I think I've done most I can at this point. Beat the towers, still have a few pal bosses left. It's been fun and I eagerly await what they are going to update next. I think pal pathing issues and AI in general is a pretty big one. Sometimes my workers just refuse to occupy a station even when there's a project. The electric furnace in particular, I keep trying and they refuse to be added to it, but rather the neighboring stations. Sometimes something just clicks and they mosey on it by themselves. Like mentioned before, the game really needs a Rimworld style priorities menu instead of trying to throw a Jormuntide Ignis to the right pixel in your already cramped up crafting area.

Personally I feel like the weakest part of the game are armors and especially the weapons you can use. I get it that the pals have so many special abilities, but to use a handgun or an assault rifle in a game like this is probably the most boring thing I can imagine. I don't really play games where you point and shoot modern weapons anyway, though. But personally I felt like your weapons could've been more imaginative too. Go wild, Mega Man - style. Some kind of laser rifle, a weapon that traps enemies in a bubble, gun that shoots sawblades, dunno, something a bit wilder.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I feel like I'm a filthy casual, having played since launch (well not everyday, but still, quite a bit for my relatively sparse gaming time) being about level 20 and having only beaten the first "tutorial" boss and Chillet and not even exploring beyond those areas. I had too much fun collecting low level pals and putting them to work in my base and building better weapons, crafting stations and saddles/weapons for my pals. I'm now armed with a crossbow and metal spear, have metal tools and finally managed to build a saddle for the only flying pal I got until now, Nitewing

my assault team is composed of Nitewing (mainly to fly around), Eikthyrdeer (that thing slaps), Foxparks (flamethrower special, :getin: ) and a couple Cattivas for the extra carry weight. Eikthyrdeer is also great for just running around trampling low level Teafants for pal fluids.

I dread the time when I'll have to manufacture palballs beyond 1st and 2nd tier, it's been a pain stocking up on the 2nd tier ones already and I'm starting to feel the need to grab higher level pals to speed up resource acquisition (and have more fun), I need so many ingots... so many.....

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jan 31, 2024

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

You'll need ore all the way to the end of the game, so better make a second base when you can for ore farming and later on moving it somewhere into a combined ore&coal farm worked for me.

The way I felt it, you are strapped for materials in the mid- early late game and those 4-5th tier spheres seemed like very rough to craft. But when you reach the legendary tier, you should have your material farms going and it's somehow easier to make than the previous tier due to pal metal (paladium is easily crushed from stone).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TeaJay posted:

I think I've done most I can at this point. Beat the towers, still have a few pal bosses left. It's been fun and I eagerly await what they are going to update next. I think pal pathing issues and AI in general is a pretty big one. Sometimes my workers just refuse to occupy a station even when there's a project. The electric furnace in particular, I keep trying and they refuse to be added to it, but rather the neighboring stations. Sometimes something just clicks and they mosey on it by themselves. Like mentioned before, the game really needs a Rimworld style priorities menu instead of trying to throw a Jormuntide Ignis to the right pixel in your already cramped up crafting area.

I'm in a similar spot. I think I really burned myself out going in hard on breeding to try and make my "perfect team" (even though it's not really that good, it's a silly gimmick and I like it) and now I'm at a point where all that's left is to grind my level up so I can actually do damage to the last bosses (currently level 44) while my breeding farm gets me enough pals to 4* my team.