Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kawa is the kind of guy who'd lend you his binoculars if yours broke during migration season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I saw an advert from the 1950s for the Lions vs Rams game the other day and realised that the Rams were originally from LA, not STL

Also it’s buckwild that a state like Misery was allowed to have two nfl teams lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I saw an advert from the 1950s for the Lions vs Rams game the other day and realised that the Rams were originally from LA, not STL

Also it’s buckwild that a state like Misery was allowed to have two nfl teams lol

They were originally the Cleveland Rams before that!!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The337th posted:

In this analogy there are always waves of posters celebrating how the clock is working perfectly twice a day

people started doing that to troll me and after a decade of doing it you are owning no one but yourselves, it loving rules lmao

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

people started doing that to troll me and after a decade of doing it you are owning no one but yourselves, it loving rules lmao

i thought it was just htat you got banned for like a couple years. but the early 2010s were a total blur

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

alright wait, i just realized that kawalimus joined the forums 2 days before harbaugh got hired as the HC of the ravens. this is clearly a 16 year long gimmick

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Back in those days I mostly posted about professional wrestling. But gradually posted about the Ravens more as time went on.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

a neat cape posted:

Can I doompost

You can, but your usual stoicism is a really good match with your Herbie av

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Lighter posted:

You can, but your usual stoicism is a really good match with your Herbie av

he should bring back the kimpossible classic

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Borsche69 posted:

he should bring back the kimpossible classic

What a time

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

trevorreznik posted:

I'm pretty surprised by this.

He has a lot of time to move up to a head coach role. What he has now is a team that has a hot offense, was just in the NFCCG, and he's got young talent to develop. Or he could trade that for being in charge in Seattle.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

kiimo posted:

I reserve the right to say it's crazy that the 49ers are favored with an inferior head coach, defense, tight end, kicker and quarterback and also haven't looked great in quite a while without feeling the need to defend it as the lunacy rantings of a "nobody believes in us" false narrative.

Tbf, they’ve bounced between .5 and 1.5 point favorites, so it’s not like overwhelming odds.

It is crazy though, I’d expect that to be the other way around. In fact, you and Patrick Mahomes both should consider the 49ers to be the underdogs.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Borsche69 posted:

i get mad when the day ends in Y

Switch to another language

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nervous posted:

dutch is basically like if a comedian hosed with english. plus i can just change the joke to a day that ends in g because we're insane

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nervous posted:

Ok but now they all end in g

Mandag
Tirsdag
Onsdag
Torsdag
Fredag
Lørdag
Søndag

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

dutch is basically like if a comedian hosed with english. plus i can just change the joke to a day that ends in g because we're insane

https://x.com/geertwilderspvv/status/1747678462729474363?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

How the gently caress is Dutch a real language

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

we like to have a good time

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mahomes be like “wow these guys have the same goofy accent as me”

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

dutch people do like to play too much, not gonna lie

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

We hebben een serieus probleem

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fat Jesus posted:

We hebben een serieus probleem

Championship Weekend Aftermath: we hebben een serieus probleem

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Dutch Kwalimus

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Fat Jesus posted:

Dutch Kwalimus

kwaijluimuijks

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Japanese Kawalimus: Kawaiimus

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Wat heb ik losgelaten

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Holy poo poo I know how to speak Dutch

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Championship Weekend Aftermath: we hebben een serieus probleem

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sweet thursday posted:

Holy poo poo I know how to speak Dutch

thats een serieus probleem

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How have you guys not seen the google translate spank me daddy in Dutch meme?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

kiimo posted:

I reserve the right to say it's crazy that the 49ers are favored with an inferior head coach, defense, tight end, kicker and quarterback and also haven't looked great in quite a while without feeling the need to defend it as the lunacy rantings of a "nobody believes in us" false narrative.

they're favored by a point and I would argue that Reid vs. Shanahan and Kittle vs. 35-year-old Kelce are basically pushes

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Japanese Kawalimus: Kawaiimus

Kawalimus is basically on the verge of that Koichi Toyama speech every time he posts about the Ravens.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

I'm trying to learn it currently and I keep getting caught out by the grammar

Who on earth came up with the idea to put one conjugated verb near the start of the sentence and dump all other verbs in infinitive form at the end

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Widden rietten de poost

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

I'm trying to learn it currently and I keep getting caught out by the grammar

Who on earth came up with the idea to put one conjugated verb near the start of the sentence and dump all other verbs in infinitive form at the end

the most annoying part of trying to learn it is that all native speakers already speak perfect english and will respond to your clumsy child-like attempts at speaking dutch, with near fluent english

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Borsche69 posted:

the most annoying part of trying to learn it is that all native speakers already speak perfect english and will respond to your clumsy child-like attempts at speaking dutch, with near fluent english

Yes I've more or less resigned to needing to join some dedicated speaking groups to get actual conversational practice, where I can inflict my terrible Dutch on the kind-hearted souls there instead of trying to get through a simple conversation at the grocery store :smith:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man I have heard absolutely zero hype for this Super Bowl. It's really bizarre how no one really gives a poo poo about it. Even the standard media cycle has absolutely no one talking about it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Kirios posted:

Man I have heard absolutely zero hype for this Super Bowl. It's really bizarre how no one really gives a poo poo about it. Even the standard media cycle has absolutely no one talking about it.

It rules, we deserve it.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Borsche69 posted:

alright wait, i just realized that kawalimus joined the forums 2 days before harbaugh got hired as the HC of the ravens. this is clearly a 16 year long gimmick

Maybe Kawalimus is Harbaugh's self-deprecating alter ego, posting in a fugue state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kirios posted:

Everyone wanted the Lions to get in. I even know 9er fans who would not have been *that* upset that it was the Lions getting in over them.