Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

palindrome posted:

I'm on a futile quest for a coffee making device for someone who is afraid of

- hot water touching plastic
- aluminum nut which is often found in the heating carafe
- annoying chemex brewing

At this point I'm thinkin just get a mokamaster and say it's good enough. it says right on the website nothing bad can happen from brewing on plastic, you are going to die someday regardless.

I would buy them the stainless steel, copper tube, glass basket drip coffee machine if it existed, but nobody wants to appeal to this extremely fringe market. Not even Italians (?)

moccamasters do make great coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

palindrome posted:

I'm on a futile quest for a coffee making device for someone who is afraid of

- hot water touching plastic
- aluminum nut which is often found in the heating carafe
- annoying chemex brewing

At this point I'm thinkin just get a mokamaster and say it's good enough. it says right on the website nothing bad can happen from brewing on plastic, you are going to die someday regardless.

I would buy them the stainless steel, copper tube, glass basket drip coffee machine if it existed, but nobody wants to appeal to this extremely fringe market. Not even Italians (?)

Honestly I've brewed so much aeropress in the last 5 years that I prolly have cancer, yeah. But whatever.

Are you completely opposed to pour over with paper filters?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

pretty sure at this point the meta is to get cancer before the good times end

speaking of which this aeropress tastes amazing

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Coffee time

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Karach posted:

Coffee time

:wth:

AeroPress ftw

Working in a coffee shop put me off the idea of ever having an espresso machine at home. The combination of heat, pressure, water, steam, and electronics, with less reliability than a car, serviced by one outfit in town means I am spending a lot of time not drinking coffee. I say again that it is actually the milk frother that requires the most money spent out of all the home coffee components

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dokapon Findom posted:

:wth:

AeroPress ftw

Working in a coffee shop put me off the idea of ever having an espresso machine at home. The combination of heat, pressure, water, steam, and electronics, with less reliability than a car, serviced by one outfit in town means I am spending a lot of time not drinking coffee. I say again that it is actually the milk frother that requires the most money spent out of all the home coffee components

That's why I got a Europiccola. It's all mechanical (except for they heating element), with easily replaceable parts. The guy who sold it to me gave me a bag with a spare of pretty much every wear part on the machine. This would be the model for The People's Espresso Machine under l*xury communism.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

it's a nice machine, like owning a very quality kitchen blender. partial to any design that can be used for decades and never fail, i feel the same way about certain japanese cameras made from 1975 - 2000.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

Karach posted:

Coffee time

yep

yup

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

about to fix another mug of the good stuff

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

My wife has a little hand held milk frother that can make a single shots worth of whipcream from heavy cream and a pinch of sugar

I use it to thoroughly mix my homemade hot cocoa mix

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

uhh, i'll take both buttons for $400, alex!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

uhh, i'll take both buttons for $400, alex!

😂

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

holy gently caress do i need to participate in my own immiseration today

[gets blasted to the moon on coffee]

hell yeah i love work

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

cracking an ice cold can of black coffee right this very moment

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
having coffee and a bowl of potato salad and having all regrets

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

having coffee and a bowl of potato salad and having all regrets

yeah id regret working on the boeing x-32 brown killer too LOL

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

motherfrickin' this

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I hate coffee!!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if you want to get cancer you should stop drinking coffee. coffee has antioxidant properties and can contribute to healthy liver function.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

smoobles posted:

I hate coffee!!

die

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

smoobles posted:

I hate coffee!!

smoobles,,,, no,,,,,,,, not like this,,,,,

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

smoobles posted:

I hate coffee!!

You don't mean that. I forgive you.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

smoobles posted:

I hate coffee!!

weird take for a poster with a £449 grinder on the way

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the only non dairy creamer at work today is some kind of weird "plant-based milk" (not oat) and its not good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dpont bring non dairy creamer but i expect others to bring it, on their own dime, and to use it myself freely and without conservation. thank you.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

People who use creamer, dairy or not, are simply lesser beings and deserving of hardship

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
✅gay
✅doing crimes

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Karach posted:

✅gay
✅doing crimes
✅drinking coffee
❌using creamer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nix Panicus posted:

People who use creamer, dairy or not, are simply lesser beings and deserving of hardship

thats true

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
drank black coffee exclusively for many yeas and still drink a lot of it but when i discoererd how delicious Oatly TM Vanilla oak milk was... wow

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Nix Panicus posted:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Smythe posted:

drank black coffee exclusively for many yeas and still drink a lot of it but when i discoererd how delicious Oatly TM Vanilla oak milk was... wow

take it to the creamer thread

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nix Panicus posted:

they deserve our pity and understanding. they may yet find the light.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I've recently become the pope and I give you all dispensation to put whatever you want in your coffee. Except hazelnut syrup that's gross don't do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I've recently become the pope and I give you all dispensation to put whatever you want in your coffee. Except hazelnut syrup that's gross don't do that

its gay and for girls but its good also.