Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Most Willfully Dense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

How the gently caress old is Carmen goddamn
I was gonna say “Carmen how are you still eight???”

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Technowolf posted:

Kellies nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Because its true

Except that it was just "people being rowdy and noisy". People died.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Brawnfire posted:

Just literally any crowd in any building is an insurrection by Democrat definition! There's no distinguishing features of this one, so just stop talking about it! Stop talking about it!

Stop talking about it!
Interfering with law enforcement officers during a civil disorder
Civil disorder
Assault of a federal officer
Assault of a federal officer with a deadly or dangerous weapon
Conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding
Seditious conspiracy
Obstruction of an official proceeding
Disorderly conduct in a restricted building

Insurrection: real actual laws with real actual names being violated instead of whatever the gently caress high crimes and misdemeanors on its own is

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

JamesBont posted:

Kellies Nomination: Most Willfully Dense
Getting harder and harder to see the "Willfully" these days

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fondly remembering all the left-wing insurrections that have taken place in the USA.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

Republicans: "Democrats refuse to annihilate Iran in holy nuclear fire, no matter how much they provoke us!"
Also Republicans: "Democrats are looking to get us bogged down in another forever war in the Middle East!"

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

An unironic reverse great satan.

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

If <waves arm expansively> was legalized.

I see someone accidentally submitted their audition for Mark Trail.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Considering one of the guys who wrote the Constitution said the word invasion is specifically for someone at war with us and specifically not immigrants, and considering the Republicans vehemently insist there is an invasion, yes. The artist is confused about where the declaration of war is coming from.

Bring James Madison back here in a TARDIS and tell him half the country believes their second-largest trading partner is launching a covert war on us and his bitch-slappin' hand would be seven kinds of broken by the end of the day

Edit at below: the actual answer would be because Biden is freely admitting there's a crisis down there and he doesn't yet have all the legal authority to give the Republicans everything they want again

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 31, 2024

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Wow man, didnt know you were in favor of big government

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

Mom, conservatives' desire for an unchecked god-king unilaterally making moves for the country is showing again.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon

Cool, cool, just a bunch of racist caricatures of people you're claiming are your allies. I wonder how he feels about A. Whytt Mann portrayals of Jewish people.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

SithDrummer posted:

Mom, conservatives' desire for an unchecked god-king unilaterally making moves for the country is showing again.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Catellite posted:

I see someone accidentally submitted their audition for Mark Trail.

Taylor Jones is principally known for his caricature work and including birds or other animals in his work- not sure who Dee Dee is.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

the_steve posted:

A lot of it is dependent on pretending the southern strategy never existed.

Not understanding that things are different than they were 150 years ago is on-brand for the republicans, though.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The Islamic Shock posted:

I don't know about you guys, but as a leftist, whenever I see the Koch brothers turn the money hose on a candidate that's how I know which horse I'm backing

After checking briefly, I haven’t found evidence that Soros is funding Haley despite the fact that it may, from his perspective, be a good idea to do so. I made sure to read articles by far enough right sources that they’d be shouting it from the rooftop if he was.

Did you know? Rivers publishes comics anonymously exclusively for Cagle Cartoons. What could be the motivations for someone to publish cartoons anonymously?

I fully expect them to deny the holocaust by the end of the year.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Randalor posted:

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon

Cool, cool, just a bunch of racist caricatures of people you're claiming are your allies. I wonder how he feels about A. Whytt Mann portrayals of Jewish people.

I'm genuinely surprised he refrained from drawing a bone through someone's nose.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

DalaranJ posted:

Did you know? Rivers publishes comics anonymously exclusively for Cagle Cartoons. What could be the motivations for someone to publish cartoons anonymously?

I fully expect them to deny the holocaust by the end of the year.

FWIW my impression is Cagle is desperate for money. A good moment to remind folks: please, wherever possible, pay for your news and original journalism.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Then it was
States' rights to own slaves: yes
States' rights to keep runaways: no

Now it's
States' rights to kill migrants: yes
States' rights to not have them imported against their will: no

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the DUP’s deal with Westminster – The DUP has decided to end its boycott of power-sharing in Northern Ireland, which coincides with the fourth anniversary of the UK leaving the EU"

Telegraph:

French farmers evade police to block world's biggest food market - latest updates After Delacroix.

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Brexit: The people’s damning verdict four years on

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Am I misunderstanding the meaning of shock in this context? Who would be surprised by this result?

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

Am I misunderstanding the meaning of shock in this context? Who would be surprised by this result?

Interestingly the article itself has a different version.

E: Though you gotta love that Tim Martin has his mug plastered directly below a "Brexit has failed" cartoon.

escapegoat fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 31, 2024

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

CANADA’S COWARD- JUSTIN TRUDEAU
Cartoon published 01/29/2024

We’ve received many requests from people to draw cartoons pertaining to events in Canada. The requesters especially want to see me lambast Trudeau. He has become just as despised as Joe Biden is here in America. I have drawn many cartoons featuring the bastard son of Fidel Castro, but it has been a while since we’ve published another one. So here it is.

PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO CONSIDER A SMALL DONATION TO GRRRGRAPHICS, WE ARE SUPPORTER FUNDED, CLICK TO DONATE TODAY!
Early last year I received a commission from a Canadian who likes our cartoons. He remembered the ones I drew a long time ago and suggested I utilize some of the imagery from them. So I did.

Here we see the racist two-faced Trudeau in his cottage—a place where he retreats from problems and smokes weed. However, his nightmares don’t go away and his adversaries have set Trudeau’s head spinning. Many Americans might not know what’s going on here—not exactly, but Canadians will know and this cartoon is for them.

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

A final note: Right after I finished this cartoon last spring, it was put on the back burner for seven months, that’s why the twitter bird is featured instead of “X.” Musk had not yet changed the name when this was drawn.

Thank you very much to our Canadian commissioner and supporter and best wishes to all of our Canadian friends — especially our northern neighbors in Alberta.

— Ben Garrison

quote:

THE TRAITOR IN MINNESOTA, REP. ILHAN OMAR
Cartoon published 01/31/2024

A video of Rep. Ilhan Omar making a speech went viral yesterday. It wasn’t the usual speech either. Rep. Ilhan Omar plainly stated that Somalia came first, Islam second and the United States last, if at all. She also stated that the US would follow Somali orders and that she was in Congress only to expand Somalia’s interests and territories. Not only did she break her oath of office in the speech, she also broke her oath of citizenship.

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

She should be removed and deported back to Somalia which she loves so much. This is what happens when foreign born weasels are elected into our government office. Infiltration from within. They hate America and work from the inside to destroy her.

We agree with Gov. DeSantis. Send her back!

Why stop at Omar? Expel Cori Bush for fraud and corruption also.

Expel the America hating ‘Squad.’ It’s time to clean Congress of the traitors.

—GrrrTeam

e: Well that was lovely, have a palate cleanser in the form of a new Kelly:
"Nominance and Submission"

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 31, 2024

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

ACCC review calls for direct government action to increase childcare access (ABC).

Rowe:

Australian annual inflation rate fell to 4.1 percent in the December quarter. Peter Dutton with Reserve Bank of Australia governor Michele Bullock and treasurer Jim Chalmers in the background.

Wilcox:

Parents stage protest at prestigious boys' private school over plans to admit girls (SBS).

Lethbridge:

Spooner:

The Australian has been running articles about how our army needs killer drones.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Telegnostic posted:

In 1990, no one ever called the president "George H.W. Bush." That is a 2000s phenomenon. I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Who the gently caress refers to their aunt by their full name like that?
Nobody in the history of ever, that's who.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

the_steve posted:

Who the gently caress refers to their aunt by their full name like that?
Nobody in the history of ever, that's who.

If you hope someone got fired from drawing/editing Prickly City for being wrong, you might want to sit down for the news I have. I'm sorry, it's stage 4.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

kellies nomination: most islamophobic

So I looked it up and she gave a speech in Somali, to her somali constituents, which right wingers have translated as:

"The U.S. government will only do what Somalians in the U.S. tell them to do. They will do what we want and nothing else. They must follow our orders and that is how we will safeguard the interest of Somalia ... together we will protect the interests of Somalia."

And she actually said

"My answer was the U.S. government will do what we tell the U.S. government to do. We as Somalis should have that confidence in ourselves. We live in this country. We pay taxes in this country. It's a country where one of your own sits in Congress. As long as I'm in Congress no one will take Somalia's sea. And the United States will not support other people to rob us. Rest assured Minnesotans. The woman you sent to Congress is aware of you and has the same interest as you.""

in regards to the us stance on a dispute between somalia and ethiopia

Ambitious Spider fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Feb 1, 2024

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

How dare a sitting Congresswoman dictate how the US will act on behalf another nation in a conflict, and further- oh excuse me

Signs giant check to Israel labeled FOR BOMBING CIVILIANS

Anyways, as I was saying…

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Sometimes I feel like audio recordings of Trump and/or the Republicans in Congress basically being Nixon But Somehow More Racist could drop tomorrow and it wouldn't move the needle one fuckin' bit

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Ambitious Spider posted:

So I looked it up and she gave a speech in Somali, to her somali constituents, which right wingers have translated as:

"The U.S. government will only do what Somalians in the U.S. tell them to do. They will do what we want and nothing else. They must follow our orders and that is how we will safeguard the interest of Somalia ... together we will protect the interests of Somalia."

And she actually said

"My answer was the U.S. government will do what we tell the U.S. government to do. We as Somalis should have that confidence in ourselves. We live in this country. We pay taxes in this country. It's a country where one of your own sits in Congress. As long as I'm in Congress no one will take Somalia's sea. And the United States will not support other people to rob us. Rest assured Minnesotans. The woman you sent to Congress is aware of you and has the same interest as you.""

in regards to the us stance on a dispute between somalia and ethiopia

Thanks, I was sure it was something like this but couldn't be bothered to look it up. Do you think it deserves a nom? Discendo Vox has a lot to deal with each year with them. Maybe for gaslighting or Islamophobia?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The Islamic Shock posted:

Sometimes I feel like audio recordings of Trump and/or the Republicans in Congress basically being Nixon But Somehow More Racist could drop tomorrow and it wouldn't move the needle one fuckin' bit

Trump wasn't lying when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose any support.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Amjad Rasmi

Ann Telnaes

I bet Lady Liberty can make a DC 15 dex save.

Bob Englehart

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

Clay Bennett

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David Horsey posted:

From coal mining operations to tobacco companies to all manner of polluting industries, there is a long, long list of enterprises that have been run by greedy people who care more about profits than the health and welfare of their fellow citizens.

So, why should the marijuana industry be any different?

In 2012, Washington voters legalized cannabis in this state and, very quickly, the cannabis industry sprouted like a field of well-fertilized marijuana plants. Legalization came about because of the absurdity of arresting people for growing, selling and possessing a recreational drug that was so commonly used by so many people with so little serious harm.

Unfortunately, the pot entrepreneurs were not content with merely selling the groovy grass that so many of us remember from our younger days. To increase sales and profits, they needed to innovate and come up with new variations of their product. And that is where greed has overridden social responsibility.

Now, a person can go to a pot shop and buy products that have a THC concentration of nearly 100%. That potency is vastly greater than the 15% THC concentration in an actual marijuana plant — modern plants that already have a bigger kick than the comparatively tame weed that gave a buzz to denizens of Haight Ashbury back in 1967’s Summer of Love.

Abundant medical and scientific evidence indicates that frequent marijuana users of all ages are often experiencing negative effects from stronger pot, but the truly scary research has uncovered the terrible damage being done to the developing brains of younger people. A University of Washington study found that adolescents and young adults who use high potency marijuana products are not only likely to become addicted but have a sharply increased risk of schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders.

This is not what Washington citizens voted for. We already have a mental health crisis in this state, and we do not need the cannabis industry to make things even worse by selling a radically altered drug just so they can get richer.

We’ve seen this scenario before with Big Tobacco. It is time for state legislators to stop taking campaign donations from this new avaricious industry and start putting hard limits on a dangerous product.

David M. Hitch

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Gotta love how "STOP ISRAELI GENOCIDE" is one of the signs. If it's meant to mean to stop the genocide of Israelis (presumably those in hostage), I agree. If it's meant to mean to stop the genocide caused by Israel, then...I also agree? I don't get the point here.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

JamesBont posted:

Gotta love how "STOP ISRAELI GENOCIDE" is one of the signs. If it's meant to mean to stop the genocide of Israelis (presumably those in hostage), I agree. If it's meant to mean to stop the genocide caused by Israel, then...I also agree? I don't get the point here.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label

It's the second one, Hitch is saying the quiet part loud by saying that's bad.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Carmen apparently has Ameloblastoma. Clean up your loving fill tool.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

HIDE ME, QUICK!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

the_steve posted:

HIDE ME, QUICK!

But she's already hidden in the safest place in the world: the mind-numbingly blandest strip in newspaper funny pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tom the Dancing Bug by Ruben Bolling