Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Slotducks posted:

delusional and gullible I-am-very-smart Gen Xers who were proud and loud vocal atheists in the 2000s need a jesus figure in their life to keep them going after realizing their dreams aren't going to come true.

It can be attributed to millennials too. Just wanting anyone to fix the world’s problems or give them that yummy feel good feeling of the world of tomorrow being just around the corner if we just let the richest man do everything he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

OPINION: "What’s irritating about Musk as we head into the 2024 election is that he could be an important voice. Not for Democrats, necessarily, but for the institutions of American democracy that made him possible," writes Michael Ian Black.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-ian-black-elon-musk-makes-me-hate-myself-for-loving-my-tesla

still love the car tho

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

still love the car tho

an idiot child sees right through the richest man in the world. But Michael Ian black just relaxes his jaw a bit more

quote:

In fairness, I bought the car back in 2018, back in the days when it wasn’t yet abundantly clear that Elon Musk is a massive tool. My son, then a teenager, tried to warn that Musk was a “douche,” but I wouldn’t listen. And now I’m stuck driving around in the best damned car I’ve ever purchased.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Uncle Wemus posted:

OPINION: "What’s irritating about Musk as we head into the 2024 election is that he could be an important voice. Not for Democrats, necessarily, but for the institutions of American democracy that made him possible," writes Michael Ian Black.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-ian-black-elon-musk-makes-me-hate-myself-for-loving-my-tesla

MIB has this uncanny ability to drive himself right into the wrong point. It suits that he loves his Tesla. Match made in heaven.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
My son has said that Elon sucks and all I can say is “Mad?”.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Uncle Wemus posted:

This is so dumb lol

Plz Elon save democracy

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
We've already firmly established MIB hates himself with the work he did with Meghan McCain. Which also established he's a complete dumb rear end. And as someone FTW Elon has better things to do.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
david wain is the superior stella

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Karach posted:

an idiot child sees right through the richest man in the world. But Michael Ian black just relaxes his jaw a bit more

no one knew he was a douche except anyone who knew anything about his life, his business, the things he says or his actions. also the thai cave rescue happened in 2018

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

Image believing that Billionaires are overall a pro-democratic force. I wish more people knew about the business plot.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Jan 31, 2024

Andenno
May 1, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Also Michael Showalter is the superior Michael

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Drunkboxer posted:

no one knew he was a douche except anyone who knew anything about his life, his business, the things he says or his actions. also the thai cave rescue happened in 2018

He wrote a book about loving his wife at some point and was giving interviews and during those interviews because it was like semi-serious you could tell something was off about him.

it could have been an AV club interview; it was a long time ago.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

moist turtleneck posted:

Andenno posted:

Also Michael Showalter is the superior Michael

Morbus
May 18, 2004

this is not funny, robots only walk like this when they really need to take a huge poo poo

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you could literally trip that robot with a banana peel

in fact I'm bringing fruits of various types the first public demonstration I can get access to

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

he's not mad

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Louisgod posted:

he's not mad

I dunno I think he might actually be a little mad

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

The gently caress does parasitic load mean?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DesertIslandHermit posted:

it means he wants investor's money not their questions about what's happening to said money

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

he's borrowing an engineering term bc he is smart and epic

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

the milk machine posted:

he's borrowing an engineering term bc he is smart and epic

Ah thanks

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's always funny when these guys reach for criticisms of capitalism but have no meaningful way to talk about it so they just have to lean back on like "Delaware fuckin sucks!!!"

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

ewwwwww Michael Ian black lol

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

what does your heart tell you

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

It's what he does to women

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

So far the next mr beast video only has 75m views. unimpressive.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
in engineering a parasitic load is something that draws mechanical/electrical power from the system but doesn't produce any power directly

so in an engine, a supercharger or alternator could be considered parasitic loads. in electrical things it would be components that always draw power, like how your tv pulls a bit of power even when it's turned off or how an ev uses a bit of juice even when it's parked and not ruthlessly hunting down pedestrians

a better business term for what elon means would probably be "overhead" but that's not very epic

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Parasitic Load is the power that Mega Man X gets from Raunchy Ringworm

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I don't think anyone's ever been madder on Twitter.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
does the current decision suggest whether his other ongoing legal case to try to gain majority stock control in tesla will bode well?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Supposedly some tech CEOs are getting grilled by congress today, I wonder if Linda was invited

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

sharknado slashfic posted:

Supposedly some tech CEOs are getting grilled by congress today, I wonder if Linda was invited

She was. She did very well.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mordiceius posted:

It's what he does to women

Make her the CEO while giving orders from her shoulder?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF4DML7FIWk

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i'd be mad too if someone took fifty billion dollars from me

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Programmer Humor posted:

not me. easy come, easy go.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Programmer Humor posted:

how will he pay for twitter now

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
hosed up world we live in where you can’t take free money from stockholders and just keep it. So unfair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3
Hasn't he been on record for some years that he's overpaid?