Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

He gave you two trial while denying you due process? :psyduck:

"Uh, yeah, he FORCED Glorious Leader Trump to have to suffer through two trials, rather than simply dismissing all charges against him, imprisoning everyone who dared to charge him AND immediately declaring him the true winner of the 2020 election, and giving him an immediate third term to make up for the time lost to the evil DEMOCRATS."

Or at least I'm guessing that's what Trump thinks his followers believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Hmm, off the top of my head...

Lionel Hutz
Bob Loblaw
Michael Avenatti
or Popehat, but only if he can get attorney client privilege waived beforehand.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I hear Bill Belichick is free

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
How long is the appeal going to take? Another year?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

elhondo posted:

Lionel Hutz
Bob Loblaw
Michael Avenatti

Leonard J. Crabs has been looking for a new premier client for about a couple years now...

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I guess Fani Willis and the DA for the Georgia trial are going to have to testify about their relationship now that they have been subpoenaed by the Trump lawyer
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/fulton-county-da-fani-willis-special-prosecutor-nathan-wade-subpoenaed-rcna136604

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Charliegrs posted:

I guess Fani Willis and the DA for the Georgia trial are going to have to testify about their relationship now that they have been subpoenaed by the Trump lawyer
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/fulton-county-da-fani-willis-special-prosecutor-nathan-wade-subpoenaed-rcna136604

I don't think you can do that? I mean, even if they can't its accomplishing the goal of delay delay delay.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 41 hours!)

You know, it's also entirely possible the reason Wade's wife agreed to settle out of court is because her accusations were false and contradicted by actual evidence so instead of going to court and getting crushed and penalized she agreed to drop the claims.

Everyone assumed she was bought off to keep it secret but the reverse is also quite possible.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The X-man cometh posted:

How long is the appeal going to take? Another year?

Personally, his rap is usually that he will say he’s “thinking about doing something and…will let you know soon!” When he absolutely will not do it. If he wants to do something he resoundingly screams it. My guess is he cannot afford to appeal. He will post about “the decision to appeal” for a few days and then either quietly let it fall off the radar or come up with some bullshit about how it’s rigged anyways and so he won’t bother. He will never admit to not having the $90mil needed to appeal.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Rust Martialis posted:

You know, it's also entirely possible the reason Wade's wife agreed to settle out of court is because her accusations were false and contradicted by actual evidence so instead of going to court and getting crushed and penalized she agreed to drop the claims.

Everyone assumed she was bought off to keep it secret but the reverse is also quite possible.

It could also be a situation where Wade's wife heard about the accusations and thought that Roman's attorney had something, so she and/or her lawyer wanted to look. Then she found out that it's being pulled mostly from thin air and conjecture and backed off (with Wade maybe also offering her something to make sure she stays out).

It could be anything in Post-2016 America. :allears:

cdc
May 28, 2007

To you, Baldrick, the Renaissance was just something that happened to other people, wasn't it?

elhondo posted:

Lionel Hutz
Bob Loblaw
Michael Avenatti

No, because not even mr. Hutz is that dumb.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
If I was a prospective Trump lawyer I'd wait to see if Habba's check clears before I agreed.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Scratch Monkey posted:

If I was a prospective Trump lawyer I'd wait to see if Habba's check clears before I agreed.

I'd wait until my own check cleared before I agreed.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Ynglaur posted:

I'd wait until my own check cleared before I agreed.
Yeah, you want a continual cash buffer that you’re billing your hours against, don’t even float that guy a week’s work.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Like a parking meter, except for legal work.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I am wearing out my f5 key waiting for the ruling on the Trump NY fraud case.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Payment in cash only, upfront, for however many hours you think you'll need. Prebuy additional hour blocks as needed

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Charge an additional (up front) fee for the insurance rider you need in case you get sanctioned or disbarred.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Cimber posted:

I don't think you can do that? I mean, even if they can't its accomplishing the goal of delay delay delay.

The judge has ordered a written response from the DAs office due Friday and a hearing on the 15th.

Any subpoenas here on this matter prior to that seem like they are just for show.

“Have questions? Wait for the statement. Still have questions? Ask them at the hearing.”

What is Merchant going to do? Cry to McAfee that they no showed her subpoena when he’d already ordered testimony? Seems unlikely.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OgNar posted:

Trump posted that he is interviewing for a new law team for the E Jean Carrol appeal.

"Any lawyer who takes a TRUMP CASE is either "CRAZY", or a TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT."

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/1752716289238548537

The 90 million Trump has to put up to appeal this is a lot of money. Enough that he can’t just slime it out of his businesses, especially with the receiver watching it. She already dinged him for the 5 mil he palmed for the first cases appeal.

He might be able to get a loan for it if he can have a competent top notch legal firm write a brief that shows a high expectation of getting the verdict reversed or the judgement drastically reduced?

The thing is the big competent law firms who are good at this sort of stuff won’t touch him because they lose business and their insurance rates go up.

It will be funny if he ends up with some other all talk no walk one lawyer firm like Habba because he simply can’t be honest with his attorneys or take their advice.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

do it, get an even worse lawyer, i dare you

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

Trump Legal Troubles: (someone posted this in the Trump Legal Issues thread)

I know, right. The whole process of reposting that in another thread, I hosed up numerous times. But I’m leaving it here because it’s funny!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Staluigi posted:

do it, get an even worse lawyer, i dare you

Is that monkey paw *ever* running out of fingers

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Murgos posted:

The 90 million Trump has to put up to appeal this is a lot of money. Enough that he can’t just slime it out of his businesses, especially with the receiver watching it. She already dinged him for the 5 mil he palmed for the first cases appeal.

He might be able to get a loan for it if he can have a competent top notch legal firm write a brief that shows a high expectation of getting the verdict reversed or the judgement drastically reduced?

The thing is the big competent law firms who are good at this sort of stuff won’t touch him because they lose business and their insurance rates go up.

It will be funny if he ends up with some other all talk no walk one lawyer firm like Habba because he simply can’t be honest with his attorneys or take their advice.

So was Kaplan's wife actually there or did Trump imagine it again?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Cimber posted:

I am wearing out my f5 key waiting for the ruling on the Trump NY fraud case.

BI now says it's not dropping until next week (citing "a source familiar with the timing").

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Fuschia tude posted:

BI now says it's not dropping until next week (citing "a source familiar with the timing").

Here's hoping it's because they had to upgrade the court computer because it kept running out of RAM while trying to process the size of the fine...

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASU_wpcB-1I

Legal Eagle dropped seemingly just to dunk of Habba.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

I haven’t seen anyone credible (or even anyone not Trump) say it so I’m guessing he’s hallucinating.

Maybe Kaplans wife met him in the parking lot to go to dinner or something afterward and Trump just blew it up into her being in the courtroom like he’s want to do.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Murgos posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if he threatens to drop out of running if the RNC doesn't 'loan' him the money.

He'd never do that...and maybe they know that.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Trump leaving the Republican Party to start his own MA Gas-only party would be :discourse:

Someone should tell him to do that

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Eric Cantonese posted:

I feel bad for The Bible because that's a pretty hosed up situation.

quote but out of context

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Discendo Vox posted:

Biggerboat, could we get this calendar link that Tesseraction (and iirc one other goon) provided added to the OP?

https://www.justsecurity.org/88039/trumps-legal-and-political-calendar-all-the-dates-you-need-to-know/

Done

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
tyvm!

smax
Nov 9, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

Comedy option: he thinks Roberta Kaplan is the judge's wife.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Apparently, Trump is super jealous of Swift. I cannot imagine being that insecure.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That's because you're not a toxic narcissist.

It's really, really hard for the vast majority of folks who fit into a relative/normative frame of thinking & emotion to understand what it's like to be so completely bugfuck-miswired.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 1, 2024

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

That's because you're not a toxic narcissist.

It's really, really hard for the vast majority of folks who fit into a relative/normative frame of thinking & emotion to understand what it's like to be so completely bugfuck-miswired.

Had to deal with at least two over the course of time I worked in care. One was hated by legit everyone including their adoptive daughter and it was all 100 percent self-inflicted. They abused everyone's trust, resources and mental wellbeing. They also lived well into a hundred years old and were horrid right up until the end.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Its the deep state that makes him make incompetent decisions.

https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1752811251057488189

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

OgNar posted:

Its the deep state that makes him make incompetent decisions.

https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1752811251057488189

She comes so close to understanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
At least this Deep State plant theory makes some level of sense. Imagine how dumb and desperate you'd have to be to willing hire her without nefarious machinations leading you astray.