Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Froghammer posted:

The entire point of the Satanic Temple is to provoke reactions like this

Should I? Yeah I think I will. *desecrates an established religion's statue*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Religious freedom means you are able to choose from several options of Jesus flavored religion. Well except for the really weird ones that let gays join and that sort of thing. Jesus, guns, child brides, and white supremacy? Mix and match as you desire! Now that's freedom!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

rotinaj posted:

I knew one person who wrote up a manifesto, but it was about how Jesus is water and water is life and swimming is prayer

She also was convinced that by leaving sea scallops out on the counter, they would cook

But regardless, you should probably read this thread, it is perfect for you

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3971471&perpage=40&pagenumber=88&noseen=1

I had no idea this thread existed and now I need to find time tonight to scroll through 88 pages of crap. I don't know whether to thank you or curse you.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

the Satanic Temple is the original troll

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Texas won’t go Blue, but Ohio might.

As an Ohioan in a very, very red county - I really hope so. The abortion rights special election gives me hope, though I’m sure some percentage of votes in favor were Republican voters who weren’t all-in on abortion bans.

They were immediately making noise about making laws to try and go around it, and they did override the veto on the anti-trans stuff which is usually unpopular (I haven’t seen polling for Ohio though), so maybe enough people will turn out to break the gerrymandering. Or at least kill the supermajority.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been seeing less and less of the Trump flags and poo poo, aside from somebody who put up a flagpole with a huge US flag and an almost as huge Trump flag in a field right next to the highway a couple of months ago.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Beefed Owl posted:

I bet Texas actually goes blue.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Also here’s the maximum

I doubt he goes to prison but who knows

Iowa passed legislation so that the hardcore MAGA AG can 'take over' county cases like this basically at will, so this case will be buried swiftly. If it somehow made it to trial and got a conviction the governor will pardon him, guaranteed.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Grey Cat posted:

Should I? Yeah I think I will. *desecrates an established religion's statue*

He should go for a modern art defence

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

i gotta thank this thread for exposing me to Pat Finnerty. made my loving week!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Froghammer posted:

The entire point of the Satanic Temple is to provoke reactions like this

They also work to make abortion part of their ‘sacrament’ so that it’s protected from chud laws barring it.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Judge Engoron is a frequent visitor to SA so every time you post demanding he release his judgment he pushes back the publishing by the day

Ah, the Zone strategy :hmbol:

Pook Good Mook posted:

Umm no, that's not what that means. It means GOP donors are donating to keep his campaign afloat because they think he hurts Biden more than he hurts Trump.

I don't know if that's true, but that's why his donors are more right-wing.

:lol: Saps, suckers, rubes, and dumdums don't have unlimited money. If Trump supporters are putting money behind RFK Jr, that's money not reaching Trump or any other conservative nomination. And there's no obligation to surrender that money to nominees upon losing or bowing out, so it's basically gone.

Aramis posted:

But wouldn't selling Biden and buying Trump in equal amounts (or whatever is the correct hedging strategy needed to leverage the overlap) be 100% guaranteed profit at the moment? There's got to be at least a few finance nerds on there latching on to stuff like that.

:laffo: There's no real enforceable laws against gaming stocks using generic "buy low sell high" concepts, but there are gambling laws against gaming bets, which is why there's more integrity to their numbers :laffo:

Accipiter posted:

Yahoo hasn't been a "popular search engine" since the '90s.

Yahoo is de facto Japan's #1 search engine for some reason, and there's a poo poo ton of people over there, so :shrug: just depends on where you ask.

:sickos:

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Very grateful we have a spotlight on the demons, devils, witches, and warlocks crisis. I don’t think the founding fathers intended for this to happen. Hopefully we can amend the second amendment to restrict use of wands, staves, and talismans to stop them from casting spells!!

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

Why would you wait all day?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

quote:

Post/username combo

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Flyinglemur posted:

I'm going to keep showing pictures of his dong in congress until I get a Hunter's Hog gangtag.

Reported for being Marjorie Taylor Greene :colbert:

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

This is insane. I didn't even hear about this.

You should try getting your news somewhere other than :foxnews: :smuggo:

ANYHOW

Regarding poll doomering, the polls to keep an eye on are the ones that happened in each past November which haven't really gone well for Trimp.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Wait, Taylor concerts are satanic? drat, yet again they're making the people they hate sound really loving cool.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Well that's what you get for defacing a statue of Satan, Kandiss. Did you think he was just gonna let that poo poo go? this is entirely on you

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Kevyn posted:

Post/username combo

Hehe

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Tom Cotton with the Iceberg/Goldberg play on national TV.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1752747934125359168

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

:same:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

tom cotton checks his closet and under his bed for the CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY before he goes to sleep at night.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I love how they're showing their whole rear end about religious freedom

I mean we all know it but it's nice to have confirmation

Yeah it's gotten remarkably easy lately too. One bait I use on family members is to get them to defend some Nazi guy spewing Nazi poo poo using the free speech argument, wait a little bit, and get them to say some lib saying some lib poo poo needs to shut up, or these BLM protesters need some rubber bullets in them.

Then corner them with the Nazi poo poo, and since they aren't really free speech absolutists the only reasonable conclusion is they agree with the Nazi poo poo.

It won't make them like you or agree with you but man it causes some nuclear meltdowns that are satisfying af to watch.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dementropy posted:

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1752747934125359168

"Are ya Chinese, or Japanese?"

"I'm Laotian."

"What ocean?"

:doh:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

my FIL gave my kids bibles for christmas against my, my wife, and his wife’s objection. kids didn’t give a poo poo and haven’t touched them. it brings me joy to know this hateful old man isn’t able to continue this trend in my family, and that organized religion is on a huge downswing.

his other kids, however…

i would love it if just any reporter would ask these folks what the punishment should be for knocking down ten commandments or beheading a jesus statue should be.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

nine-gear crow posted:

"Are ya Chinese, or Japanese?"

"I'm Laotian."

"What ocean?"

:doh:

"We are Laotian—From Laos, stupid! It's a landlocked country in Southeast Asia. It's between Vietnam and Thailand, okay?

"So uh, are ya Chinese or Japanese?"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Agents are GO! posted:

Reported for being Marjorie Taylor Greene :colbert:

You should try getting your news somewhere other than :foxnews: :smuggo:

ANYHOW

Regarding poll doomering, the polls to keep an eye on are the ones that happened in each past November which haven't really gone well for Trimp.
How did those polls compare to the ultimate result?

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Biden's tik tok. :argh:

quote:

"Have you or anyone else at TikTok communicated with or coordinated with the Biden Administration, the Biden campaign, or the Democratic National Committee to influence the flow of information on your platform?" Cotton asked.

Chew responded that anyone can use the platform for campaigns or whatever they like.

"So what we have here, we have a company that's a tool for the Chinese Communist Party that is poisoning the minds of American children and in some cases driving them to suicide and that at best, the Biden Administration is taking a pass on, at worst maybe in collaboration with," Cotton said, finishing his questioning.:
https://themessenger.com/politics/sen-cotton-presses-tiktok-ceo-on-biden-asks-if-administration-is-collaborating-with-them

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I've never had a gangtag, but ready for Hunter's hog to take my virginity.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Beefed Owl posted:

For a long time craps tables didn't have 12 as a push for the don't pass so if you bet both the past and the don't pass you basically could never lose you wouldn't win but it was one way to keep getting the free drinks that came around while you played they used to call it the beer bet for that reason but now you can't break even each time.

:haibrower:

its been many many moons since i went drinkin' and gamblin', but the nickel slots were always a high value. Play slow, play cheap, tip the poo poo out of the server

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Dementropy posted:

I’d say Tom Cotton is saying this poo poo to play to his white supremacist voting base, but then that’d require some forethought and savvy that Tom Cotton is absolutely too stupid to have.

Tom Cotton lingered last in line for brains.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ror posted:

what is the timeline today for lolling at Trump losing more money

Is it a day that ends in y?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol tiktok has a ton of issues(like social media) but lol that cotton and other issues are loving commies and not all the hosed up other poo poo.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'm about to become the biggest Swiftie.

Satan-Swift

Coming this summer

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

When God's most vocal advocates are all hateful poo poo-flinging pedophiles, Satan doesn't need Taylor Swift to advertise

...but it sure helps!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Bottom Liner posted:

Wait, Taylor concerts are satanic? drat, yet again they're making the people they hate sound really loving cool.

I know they've been printing pop star metal logo shirts for a while, lets see hers

drat I looked it up and theres a bunch lol

Haverchuck fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 31, 2024

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Asterite34 posted:

When God's most vocal advocates are all hateful poo poo-flinging pedophiles, Satan doesn't need Taylor Swift to advertise

...but it sure helps!

I'm definitely voting for Satan now, thanks to Taylor Swift and football. Sounds like he has some solid ideas

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/01/31/congress/republican-reported-for-unsafe-actions-00138833

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

drat a rare instance of a republican congressman who sounds loving awesome

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

nobodygetshurt posted:

i gotta thank this thread for exposing me to Pat Finnerty. made my loving week!

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

He should go for a modern art defence

In remembrance of the new Christus.