Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Read this and thought I was in the Elon Musk thread.

Sadly, musk fanboys are likely to only be down $8 a month, at least until the rear end falls out of TSLA. By comparison they are financial geniuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What has Kais accomplished in the past 4 months since the folding ideas video came, just somehow applied for the trademark on someone else’s show name and also watched as BBBY evaporated entirely?

Going by his twitter feed, he is getting deeper into talking about God, which is really great news for his mental stability

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I just found out today he's being sued two times by two separate people for hitting them with his car. For some reason he's being represented by a different lawyer in each case.

He's an Uber driver btw. He's going to hit another person, they'll sue Uber for not doing a basic background check, and he'll destroy the company. Which would be really, really funny.

His life is pure chaos. I don't know how he has the energy.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Trillhouse posted:

I just found out today he's being sued two times by two separate people for hitting them with his car. For some reason he's being represented by a different lawyer in each case.

He's an Uber driver btw. He's going to hit another person, they'll sue Uber for not doing a basic background check, and he'll destroy the company. Which would be really, really funny.

time to short Uber!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

lol at the idea that uber will ever face any consequences for their lovely behavior besides settlement payouts

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Time to long Uber, shorts can’t keep it down forever LFG MOASS 🚀🌕💦💦💦

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Have apes in-general migrated to a new stock to ruin their lives over now that BBBY is dead?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

They’re still posting “DD” on the bbby reddit lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There's still people posting Sears DD.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Following this nonsense has completely ruined the concept of "due dilligence" for me, to a point that I grin and laugh like an idiot when I hear it in the proper contexts.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Apes don't care about due diligence, DD to them means "deep dive". As in you dive off the deep end to dig up the conjecture you need.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 1, 2024

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

There's still people posting Sears DD.

You laugh but global warming is going to produce scorcher after scorcher and who will be there making a comeback? Whoever buys the Kenmore brand when Sears goes under.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

super sweet best pal posted:

You laugh but global warming is going to produce scorcher after scorcher and who will be there making a comeback? Whoever buys the Kenmore brand when Sears goes under.

I know you’re joking but Sears already went under and Kenmore got sold like four years ago. It got sold to a company called Transformico.

Which is a subsidiary of ESL investments.

Which is the hedge fund of Eddie Lampert.

Who is the CEO of Sears and oversaw it being driven into the ground and its parts sold off to the highest bidder, i.e. him.

:capitalism:

Nov 6, 2002

Transformico is the company all the Sears baggies are expecting to save them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ariong posted:

I know you’re joking but Sears already went under and Kenmore got sold like four years ago. It got sold to a company called Transformico.

Which is a subsidiary of ESL investments.

Which is the hedge fund of Eddie Lampert.

Who is the CEO of Sears and oversaw it being driven into the ground and its parts sold off to the highest bidder, i.e. him.

:capitalism:

Transformico is the company all the Sears baggies are expecting to save them.

lmao they're not even internally consistent.

Nov 6, 2002

super sweet best pal posted:

lmao they're not even internally consistent.

Eddie Lampert, the guy who dismantled Sears to enrich his other businesses, is their hero. It was the *EVIL* shorts that killed Sears!

quote:

Eddie has been targeted by a relentless short and distort campaign ever since somebody offered millions to have him kidnapped at gunpoint and murdered for saving Kmart and over 100,000 jobs from a co-ordinated death spiral being carried out by short hedge funds on Wall Street back in 2004.

Thousands of hit-pieces later, facing the aftermath of the 2008 crash, the headwinds of dying Big Box retail, and trying to turn around the massive ship that is Sears Holdings, while many of your Big Box competitors burned billions on store upgrades and still ended up in bankruptcy - what would you have done?

The answer is find the value, and radically Transform the company while the whole world thinks it's dying.

When you realize the value was in Sears taking voluntary losses for a decade while Lampert worked tirelessly to transform the company, you will see the tired stores and old inventory in a new light - and laugh at how the entire thing was a deliberate fakeout. A distraction for dumb shorts, and a cover to build the next Berkshire Hathaway right under everyone's nose.

The Deep Value of NOLs
We know that Sears Holdings has billions in NOLs ( Net Operating Losses ) which makes it ripe for a merger or acquisition.

What we don't know, is the true amount of NOLs Mr Lampert has been accumulating. Sears was losing around 2 billion a year for a couple years leading up to the voluntary Chapter 11 in 2018.

An interesting thing about NOLs - there is no cap to the amount of NOLs a company can accumulate, and they can be carried forward indefinitely.​

Lampert's 49%

Ask yourself why Lampert still owns 49% of Sears Holdings - right up to the 50% threshold rule which only allows you to use part of the NOLs when an ownership change occurs in an acquisition.

I'll tell you - it's to use the full value of the NOLs, and give a larger sum of money to Sears Holdings shareholders, when the company is acquired.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 1, 2024

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

I'm trying to imagine wanting to believe in something so desperately that you glom onto some random c-suite rear end in a top hat as your savior.

I mean I guess it's better than some megalomaniacal cult leader. At least nobody's imploring them to go commit atrocities in the name of whatever. But wowza. Humans are really something.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Sears didn't lose tens of billions of dollars, they gained tens of billions of dollars of tax offsets. Genius!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Eddie Lampert, the guy who dismantled Sears to enrich his other businesses, is their hero. It was the *EVIL* shorts that killed Sears!

They are effectively doing the same thing with Ryan Cohen. He pumped and dumped BBBY and left the apes as bag holders? And he's facing investigation over it? :byodood: EVIL HEDGIES ARE TARGETING OUR KING RC!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

i worked for kmart until 2008 and lmfao at anyone thinking that anybody except eddie lampert is responsible for that dumpster fire

Nov 6, 2002

The graphic header for the Sears baggie subreddit is from an article completely and utterly roasting Eddie Lambert

https://www.institutionalinvestor.c...llars-or-did-he

quote:

But in mid-October of this year, they were calling him something entirely different. Privately, hedge fund managers distanced themselves, with one calling Lampert a practitioner of “predatory capitalism.” But perhaps the worst assaults came from those claiming to be employees of Sears Holdings — the company that Lampert had famously spent $1.5 billion to acquire, manage, and, as of that month, drive into bankruptcy. They took to employment review website Glassdoor in droves.

The “CEO egomaniac” whom some called “Fast Eddie” was “ruining the company,” they wrote. “Eddie Lampert doesn’t know the first thing about retail,” another complained. “He is just a hedge fund manager that is looking for an exit strategy.”

One person put it more bluntly: “Eddie Lampert sucks.”

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

I've been checking on AMC and GME. I think these are the two big meme stocks left? AMC just broke through $4.00 per share. :lol: People on reddit are sharing links to AMC branded popcorn and stuff. GME continues to trod along on a general downward path though still above the pre squeeze lows. There are so many companies and stocks just killing it right now. It's hard for me to fathom getting excited about two dinosaurs.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

https://www.reddit.com/r/Teddy/comments/1agmjnq/plan_admin_response_to_the_research_on_bbbwhycom/

Looks like the plan admin has finally discovered that the way to keep the apes from escalating against him is to thank them for any and all "information" (read: youtube links) and tell them they are being sent along to the plan admin's lawyers for a closer look. The apes, predictably, are extremely pleased at this change in tone from his prior insistence that they were bag holders with worthless holdings in a dead company and should move on with their lives.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The dream was over the day they stopped using sexual innuendo to pick their stocks.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Serious_Cyclone posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Teddy/comments/1agmjnq/plan_admin_response_to_the_research_on_bbbwhycom/

Looks like the plan admin has finally discovered that the way to keep the apes from escalating against him is to thank them for any and all "information" (read: youtube links) and tell them they are being sent along to the plan admin's lawyers for a closer look. The apes, predictably, are extremely pleased at this change in tone from his prior insistence that they were bag holders with worthless holdings in a dead company and should move on with their lives.

I feel like "I am forwarding all your communications to two different lawyers" may not be the validating reply these people think it is.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

cruft posted:

I feel like "I am forwarding all your communications to two different lawyers" may not be the validating reply these people think it is.

The same thing crossed my mind as well, it probably serves the dual purpose of telling them something they want to hear (or at least implying something they want to hear) while covering his own rear end in case things come to legal blows with these psychos.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

cruft posted:

I'm trying to imagine wanting to believe in something so desperately that you glom onto some random c-suite rear end in a top hat as your savior.

I mean I guess it's better than some megalomaniacal cult leader. At least nobody's imploring them to go commit atrocities in the name of whatever. But wowza. Humans are really something.

honestly thought I was in either the trump thread or the musk thread for a second

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Trillhouse posted:

I'd guess meth.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Amazing Zimmo posted:

honestly thought I was in either the trump thread or the musk thread for a second

Ugh. You're right.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'd guess meth.

Why would you say such a thing, it’s not like Kais has visibly and obviously had the dental health of his mouth go through a rapid and shocking decline or anything-

:kstare:

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

GME down well over 8% today and AMC either set or is flirting with a 52 week low. :thumbsup:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
deploy more memes!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Big rear end On Fire posted:

GME down well over 8% today and AMC either set or is flirting with a 52 week low. :thumbsup:

Just saw someone on r/Teddy suggesting that Americans put their 401k into a large cap fund and "a few memestocks"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Or a tiny hat fund.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

buy the dip

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Those goddamn shills! :argh:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Just saw someone on r/Teddy suggesting that Americans put their 401k into a large cap fund and "a few memestocks"

He also suggested people put their 401ks in BBBY which is bankrupt and not traded, and suggested that people needed to invest in BBBY and GME because real inflation is 15% per year and has been for a while.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

All this time I’ve been buying Amazon Apple AMD etc and I could have been buying GME BBBY and AMC. I feel like such an idiot.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Amazon has gone into health care beyond prescriptions. Got an email offering Prime "one medical" for $9 month. Looks like it's online consultations over an app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

In the UK amazon runs grocery stores and hair salons in rich city areas.

Our cunning business model is to make brick and mortar obsolete, now, let's open some brick and mortar stores!